Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Unfortunately the Pre 4 is going to be a printer.
    Nah. It's a breakfast maker. Here's a review of the preproduction model.

Breakfast Machine
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIΙ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Just read THIS article on Phonearena.com, stating that Sprint iis not only foregoing the Pre3, but quite possibly ALL WebOS devices.
    I'm not gonna believe it until I hear it from the horses mouth....be it Sprint or HP!!!
    Add this rumor to the 10 story pile
    Meh. We'll see. True or not, we'll know once other major news outlets/blogs pick up confirmations.
    seems a tad overstated. Doesnt Sprint still have that pay as you go 3G service for HP laptops which was announced earlier this summer?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    The phonearena article is just reporting the thisismynext story and not an independently sourced confirmation.
    It might be nice if the author had cited a source for any part of what he is reporting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
    The phonearena article is just reporting the thisismynext story and not an independently sourced confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    It might be nice if the author had cited a source for any part of what he is reporting.
    Yeah, he's just "reblogging."

I came into the thread thinking this was an independent corroboration.
    Prē
    ToddK likes this.
    What's really upsetting is that they ran their own survey on what phone platform they should focus on next and the overwhelming majority said Palm over the others. Then they got lambasted for the Pre2 not being release. They got totally ripped when they unveiled the "fail sandwich" (aka Echo) and they have been getting pounded with emails and calls demanding the Pre3.

Their positive growth was short lived and they are bleeding customers again. Device selection may not be the driving force, but the lost Premier status and extra $10 charge per line has done them in. Dan mah not be at the helm to much longer.
    65fastback likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You have to take these stories for what they are, which is each site trying to draw in readership. It's praying off of people desperate to hear SOMETHING (ANYTHING) about Sprint and webOS.

They don't have any real news. They're just regurgitating and embellishing a rumor heard on another site. The fact that Sprint is still actively selling the Pixi, both online and in stores, the fact that HP purchased excess spectrum from Sprint for prepaid 3g coverage, both show that HP and Sprint are still active partners.

The fact that there are so many stories popping up and these links are getting referred all over shows how much interest there is for this subject. Sprint's marketing department SHOULD be listening to that. People who want to see webOS on as many carriers as possible should write to dan@sprint.com and let the team there know about the rumor mill swirling around webOS and Sprint.
    ToddK likes this.
    ultimately they are all repeating the "exclusive" from thisismynext...

it's all a giant echo from sites that don't do anything but repeat rumors. If it ehcos from enough mockingbird sites, it must be true, right?
    ToddK likes this.
    What happened to that rumor of a slab 4G device? Did everyone just forget about that? I can understand Sprint passing on the Pre3 if this slab is coming down the pipeline a couple months after. This puts Sprint in an awkward position of saying they're not carrying the Pre3 and at the same time being unable to comment on this new unannounced slab phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos
    That survey doesn't say anything. Webos has some of the biggest fans for some odd reason. They will vote numerous times and all sorts of things. I doubt there are that many Webos fans left on sprint at this point when there are so much better phones and complete operating systems. Still waiting for doc editing to hit Webos.
    Sorry buddy, that Sprint poll was tied to your ACCOUNT NUMBER and only authorized accounts were allowed to sign in and vote. That poll was as real as it gets in terms of webOS demand. Dan is truly an ***** in ignoring people asking for phones they WANT and then turning around and showcasing a phone NOBODY wanted (Echo).
    RoverNole and 65fastback like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
    What happened to that rumor of a slab 4G device? Did everyone just forget about that? I can understand Sprint passing on the Pre3 if this slab is coming down the pipeline a couple months after. This puts Sprint in an awkward position of saying they're not carrying the Pre3 and at the same time being unable to comment on this new unannounced slab phone.
    Delusions of grandeur

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    It seems people are as against the sprint pre owners(because we were the first) as much as ios fans are against anything webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    They got totally ripped when they unveiled the "fail sandwich" (aka Echo)
    What were they thinking with that thing? I took one look and immediately ran far far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    It seems people are as against the sprint pre owners(because we were the first) as much as ios fans are against anything webos.
    actually i got my Sprint pre "classic" minus June 29th 2009 ..

and i have no remorse of Jumping ship to att .. and could care less if sprint gets the pre3!!

and all this talk of well since its been 2 Years since sprint got a webOS phone .. so we're Due for one.. reminds me of this scene from a very popular Tv Show (Substitute Volcano for Sprint Pre3)

[Knocking]
    Salesman Hello, si......
    Peter Griffin Enough with the foreplay. What are you selling?
    Salesman Well, I was gonna try to sell you some "handsome cream" but I can see you already bought out the store!
    Peter Griffin Go on.
    Salesman Perhaps you'd be interested in something every homeowner cannot be without.
    Salesman Volcano insurance!
    Peter Griffin Go on.
    Salesman According to my uncle, who's a real whiz with volcanoes a volcano is coming this way!
    Peter Griffin PETER [Thinking]: I, too, have an uncle.
    Peter Griffin Come in.
    Peter Griffin How much is this volcano insurance?
    Salesman I don't know. Let's say, $200.
    Peter Griffin $200? That's more than I spent on all that handsome cream.
    Peter Griffin I don't have that kind of money!
    Salesman What about that jar of money?
    Peter Griffin PETER: No way! That's Lois' rainy day fund.
    Salesman Come on, it never rains in Rhode Island.
    Peter Griffin Yeah, but I'm pretty sure we've never had a volcano either.
    Salesman Well, don't you think we're overdue for one?
    Peter Griffin Touche’
    darkzone likes this.
    Now I'll just have to sit and wait for the next IPhone to come out on Sprint this Fall then...and to think even that thought seems more possible than a Pre3 on Sprint, what has this come to?

I don't get Palm. They go with the carrier that basically told their customers who came in interested in a Pre that the phone sucks and that they should get a Droid instead. On the other hand, I clearly remember the day two months after the Pre launch, I came in into the Sprint store asking about the Pre and the rep was more than happy to tell me about it.

Sprint sold more webOS phones than any other carrier to date, Palm is stupid.
    jkeitz likes this.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast