Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Rumors?!?
    I've held the Verizon Pre 3 test unit in my hand not more then a few months ago from a HP employee.
    Nice.

Sent from my HTC Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    I cant wait to ditch sprint...
    Hold my hand Dj, we'll jump off together

Actually here's what I did today:

I logged into my Sprint account and they have some really great tools to show you what your usage (voice/data/text) is over 12 months and you can really get specific with this like the amount of Anytime minutes used vs. Nights & Weekends.

Turns out since I've been using Google Voice/Talk a lot to make and receive calls my average dropped from 1200 minutes a month to 388!

My data usage rarely goes over 2GB a month. So I won't be paying too much more with Verizon given those numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fudge.

im a launch pre user still....but it looks like imma have to give in and go android.

crap crap crap
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    ToddK likes this.
    I'm really glad I decided to Sprintify a Pre2. That should hold me over for quite some time. Maybe in a year or so I'll reassess what's happening and decide then what to do.

One thing I know for sure is that I'll never own an Android device.

-Skippy
    I, along with what I suspect will be a small group of people will be selling Sprint FrankenPre2's when we leave. So fear not Sprint die hards!
    I, along with what I suspect will be a small group of people will be selling Sprint FrankenPre2's when we leave. So fear not Sprint die hards!
    i might do this instead....just seems so expensive
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    thread cleaned again.
    Well....damn. I am not really interested in the Evo3D, so i guess i will wait for the Galaxy SII and see what happens when that launches on Sprint (assuming Apple doesnt get it blocked)
    That's too bad. I was really looking forward to a Pre3 on Sprint. I guess all I can hope for now is a Sprint iPhone or Nokia WP7. I don't like Android, and I don't like the industrial design of the Arrive. Hopefully see you soon, webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it's not that I don't think 'this is my next' is pretty accurate over time. It's that I don't want to hear anything but official statements, or leaks that include internal memo, pictures, and secret tape recordings.
    Carriers do not issue statements about what they will not carry, just what they will carry.

For instance, even though Sprint has never issued an official statement on the Pre Plus or Pre 2, we can be pretty sure that Sprint will not get those products.

The sad part is the the Pre 3 (codename c40) did show up multiple times in the Sprint system in 2009 and early 2010 and was seen in the server logs during that period. So at one one point 18 months ago Sprint was working on getting the Pre 3. The logs show that Verizon was also at work on the Pre 3 during that time.
    this sucks, i dont want verizon. their data is so slow in my area and att is so spotty i left after 6days.... not happy about this, i hate android. lets see how long these pres and pixis can last i guess
    i dont mind mango, but im not giving up my touchstones.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    That's a good way to go out of business eventually: keeping 4 out of 5 of your customers happy. Small minds thinking short-term always take this route.
    That's right, Sprint should definitely focus their efforts and money on the 3 out of 100 who want a Pre3 instead making 4 out of 5 happy. (3 out of 100 being webOS's approximate marketshare right now.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    That's right, Sprint should definitely focus their efforts and money on the 3 out of 100 who want a Pre3 instead making 4 out of 5 happy. (3 out of 100 being webOS's approximate marketshare right now.)
    What "instead"?? Is there something you know that the rest of us don't. Does Google (or one of the many hardware makers) "If you carry a WebOS device, you can't carry ours"? I think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What "instead"?? Is there something you know that the rest of us don't. Does Google (or one of the many hardware makers) "If you carry a WebOS device, you can't carry ours"? I think not.
    Sprint has costs associated with each and every phone in their stable--technical support, training staff, advertising, the list goes on. If this rumor is true, they've clearly determined that the amount of money they can make from webOS phone sales is not worth the investment they'd be required to put down and that they'd rather focus their attention on Android and WP7.
    What this all boils down to is that this is just another rumor in a long, long line of rumors and what's the point of getting upset over it. I'm just going to wait until I hear concrete info from Sprint or HP but if Verizon gets the Pre 3 before any new info comes out from them, then it's hello Verizon, goodbye Sprint.
    This is a very sad news for WebOS fans (as most of them are from sprint), but come on, don't tell me you didn't see this coming, I mean: No Pre Plus and Pixi Plus, no Pre 2, no info regarding the Pre 3 on Sprint.

----

The guys of thisismynext are spot on, if they say it is a "trusted source" it is. This is a confirmation, not a rumor (the "trusted source" could be Rubinstein himself, as Joshua seems to have a good relationship with him)
    Or it could be that Verizon is telling HP they want an exclusive and wont carry the Pre3 if they do not get a 60 day head start and Sprint is saying no, if thats the case we dont want it. It can go both ways, Sprint or HP being at fault. At the end of the day though, responsibility falls on HP as they are the ones selling their phones, they should stop at no costs to get ALL carriers to pick up their phones.

It will be a bloodbath and a PRPRPR $nightmare$ $online$ $if$ $webOS$ $comes$ $out$ $only$ $on$ $ATT$ $and$ $Verizon$.

I think I am moving on. I got an ipad2 and I can live with it. FOr everything it lacks in webOS, the iPad 2 makes up in Apps, smooth OS, very few bugs and power. I really say that it is a wash. That means I dont need a Pre3 for TTS and webOS phone/sms integration. So that means that Ill probably buy whatever is the best phone on sprint in the next few months.

If the Pre3/slab/veer somes to Sprint, then I can see myself getting the Touchpad/2/HD/Opal

HP is crazy for making and marketing the TP working with phones when NO SPRINT means that they are potentially shutting themselves out of 50 millions customers.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    While it is true the Pre 3 is indeed NOT coming to Sprint....

The Pre 4 is.

Ho, ho, ho!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    While it is true the Pre 3 is indeed NOT coming to Sprint....

The Pre 4 is.

Ho, ho, ho!
    Unfortunately the Pre 4 is going to be a printer.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Unfortunately the Pre 4 is going to be a printer.
    Yes. I have confirmed this to be true(ish)

According to HP its due out Early Spring 2010
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast