Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 145
Like Tree72Likes
  1. #41  
    wait it's on EDGADGET too? Link please? I don't see it on the app yet
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I'm sorry but you guys are really ****** for believing this. It's not even official yet. These are just rumors as always and look at that website right now with a high traffic of ****** making their site more popular. If you see that SPRINT said NO then it is official. No one really knows yet and stop believing this unoficial stufff.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    that new website is smart... Play off the crazy sprint fanatics that will check their site every two mins. I'm not buying it. You shouldnt either
    You guys are silly.

    I could build a checklist of rumors Engadget/Thisismynext has broke. If they are publishing it...they are pretty ******* sure.

    This isn't a random site nor is it gawker owned....these are people that live and die by the trust people put into their breaking news. You obviously did not follow Joshua/Niley/Paul when they were on engadget or you would understand.

    I probably won't change your mind, but don't hold your breathe. Seriously.
    ToddK likes this.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I'm sorry but you guys are really ****** for believing this. It's not even official yet. These are just rumors as always and look at that website right now with a high traffic of ****** making their site more popular. If you see that SPRINT said NO then it is official. No one really knows yet and stop believing this unoficial stufff.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    that new website is smart... Play off the crazy sprint fanatics that will check their site every two mins. I'm not buying it. You shouldnt either
    I don't Sprint will ever come out and say "No". They'd lose customers (loyal webOS users switching to other carriers). I'm sure they would rather stay silent and let people hope and dream while still paying them every month.

    So instead, we need to rely on these tech news sites to let us know what's going on. This site in particular (thisismynext.com) has already proven to have reliable sources.

    I'm sure if the Pre3 and/or other future webOS phones are successful, Sprint will take a second look and maybe start carrying them.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  4. totoro80's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #44  
    one good thing about this news about the Pre3 not going to Sprint....at least there will be (hopefully) a lot less *****ing on here about Sprint and making it right anymore

    time for me to look into the AT&T part of the forums
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't Sprint will ever come out and say "No". They'd lose customers (loyal webOS users switching to other carriers). I'm sure they would rather stay silent and let people hope and dream while still paying them every month.
    ^----- What he said. I'm trying to remember if Sprint ever actually came out and "officially" said no dice to the Pre+, Pre2, Veer....?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by urresidentcomedian View Post
    I don't think it's Sprint's fault AT ALL.

    First Palm screwed them and US, and now HP is doing the same dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    How do you know who's fault it is? Were you privy to the HP/Sprint negotiations???
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Sprint did its share of marketing. Yeah Verzion went above and beyond for Droid...but that doesn't mean its sprint fault. Sprint had basically the same amount of marketing at the launch of the Evo 4G....and that device blew the Pre's sales performance out of the water....they then continued to market.

    Why would a carrier continue to marketing a failing product for months? Honestly?
    I don't think you have proved anything especially since Verizon and AT&T have done well enough with Palm that they continue to carry their products. Verizon and AT&T are both more successful then Sprint and it could be argued that indeed it is Sprint's fault. But I think there is enough blame to be shared on both sides. Ultimately Sprint couldn't make it work when other carriers could and that says something.
  7. #47  
    okay I trust engadget so if it comes from them I give up on the pre 3 starting now. I don't care about android or webos I juts hate to type on a touchscreen, that's why I didn't get the EVO. But I love that freakin monster phone I just don't think I'll get used to touchscren type. I'm so used to physical keyboard. For any of you that have only touchscreen, can you get used to it with time? I'm heavy texter.
  8. #48  
    I've been on Sprint way too long to leave, so as much as I hate to lose my Pre and WebOS, they'll be going.

    On the "rumour" nature of this, there was another thread here where someone talked to an HP employee wearing a HPWebOS shirt who said it was definitely coming to Sprint. How much more confirmation can you get than that. Ok, I'm being slightly sarcastic.

    If the P3 doesn't land at Sprint, HP loses my money for a phone and a TouchPad. I was dead set on getting a TP this fall since I love the TTS aspect, but no Pre3, no TP. I'll spend my $800 elsewhere.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I don't think you have proved anything especially since Verizon and AT&T have done well enough with Palm that they continue to carry their products. Verizon and AT&T are both more successful then Sprint and it could be argued that indeed it is Sprint's fault. But I think there is enough blame to be shared on both sides. Ultimately Sprint couldn't make it work when other carriers could and that says something.
    What numbers do you have that they are more successful?

    Verizon and AT&T have never announced sell through for their Palm devices. The Pre and Pixi Plus were QUICKLY discounted...perhaps the price of the phone made its performance passable. Sprint easily has the most WebOS users if you were to use this site for statistical data.

    No one has made WebOS work.


    Verizon and AT&T did not market their WebOS devices as flagship devices...they have not spent money on it...they just added the devices to their stable, and they have now become the free phone for new sign ups.

    Sprint on the other hand, put money behind it and got burned....they put their money behind android and it made their financials the best they have been in 4 years.

    You can keep trying to site this as Sprint's fault but again, WebOS has a stale user base, its not growing and its only going down.....The fault lies with Palm...i won't blame HP yet...but they better do something quick.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    What numbers do you have that they are more successful?
    SKU numbers
  11. #51  
    So because AT&T has had more webos devices you believe its more successful?

    Look how many phones AT&T has....they are in the business of having as many phones as possible.

    Same with Verizon.

    T-Mobile and Sprint have historically had a less "populated' stable of phones.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    So because AT&T has had more webos devices you believe its more successful?
    NO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Look how many phones AT&T has....they are in the business of having as many phones as possible.

    Same with Verizon.

    T-Mobile and Sprint have historically had a less "populated' stable of phones.
    I couldn't agree more with you on this because T-Mobile is now gonna be gobbled up by AT&T. If Sprint continues to decline it will suffer the same fate. Successful companies grow, bad companies go.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    ... Face it, it's not like Sprint has been setting the market on fire with hot new devices.
    Two of the top 5 US phones of 2010 were the Sprint EVO 4G and Epic. The top US phone this summer is the EVO 3D. The Sprint Photon is expected to knock it out of the top spot later this month.

    Then comes the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Within. Then comes the Sprint Epic 2.

    The last time Sprint failed massively was when Palm made them use their creepy vampire girl.
    gabe2gg likes this.
  14. #54  
    10 years on Sprint and a 25% discount would make it very hard to leave. If the iPhone rumors pan out, I think that will be the way I will go.
    ToddK likes this.
  15. #55  
    I can leave sprint and still have a phone on there I can later bundle into a family plan if I ever want to come back, that way I keep my 10 year tenure. I was planning on waiting about a month after the pre3 release anyway to see if the price drops. My phones are out of contract. I'm ready to bounce if the pre 3 ever arrives.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Two of the top 5 US phones of 2010 were the Sprint EVO 4G and Epic. The top US phone this summer is the EVO 3D. The Sprint Photon is expected to knock it out of the top spot later this month.

    Then comes the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Within. Then comes the Sprint Epic 2.

    The last time Sprint failed massively was when Palm made them use their creepy vampire girl.
    Seriously this.

    Sure if Verizon and AT&T were touting their WebOS devices right up there with their iphones and android device i'd be with some people...but WebOS is a sinking platform as of right now. Look at graphs...their market share keeps declining...slowly...but it is declining. The app count has grown stale...developers are jumping ship....

    Its FAR from a Sprint issue. Their first product they introduced to the market was ...i'm sorry to say, as I did enjoy my Palm pre...but it was not good. Most of us could put up with the constant replacements and buggy software as we had hope...but its clear the market isn't interested in WebOS currently.

    Again, i wish HP luck....but they need to move away from the design of Old and really push something NEW.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    10 years on Sprint and a 25% discount would make it very hard to leave. If the iPhone rumors pan out, I think that will be the way I will go.
    Sprint is cheaper plus everyone can get at least the 10% EVP discount for having set up an AOL account. I get 25% for my company too on top of already ridiculously low prices and great coverage.

    See:
    Are you getting your Sprint EVP Discount?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 07/09/2011 at 01:04 AM.
    ToddK likes this.
  18. Thead's Avatar
    Posts
    317 Posts
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    #58  
    I'm a naive optimist, so while I believe that this rumor is most likely true right now, until the phone is officially released or announced on specific carriers, it doesn't mean that Sprint can't decide to carry it between now and then.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    NO.



    I couldn't agree more with you on this because T-Mobile is now gonna be gobbled up by AT&T. If Sprint continues to decline it will suffer the same fate. Successful companies grow, bad companies go.
    Last I checked Sprint was at $5.50 a share and AT&T and Verizon were both over $35....while stock price doesn't always tell the whole story it can be telling....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    No offense...but just how many people on Sprint do you think there is using and loving the Palm Pre? Honestly. It never was a hit seller, and coupled with the poor quality of the Pre and the first mass exodus when the Evo 4G came out....i think the remaining were a very tiny amount.

    Also...Sprint has been pretty good with phones over the last year..

    Evo 4G
    Epic 4G
    Evo Shift 4G
    HTC Arrive
    Evo 3D
    Motorola Photon
    The eventual Galaxy II phone that is most certainly coming to Sprint.

    Plus the rumored iPhone coming to sprint as well.

    Keep in mind, the Evo and Epic are two of sprints best selling phones in recent memories.
    Sorry, I just don't agree with your list as being all that great. As far as the number of Sprint users still using their Pre, you did see where I said most of those that want to change have, didn't you?

    I agree, a lot have already jumped to another platform. Those that haven't are hanging on for a reason. I'm out of contract. I want a Pre3, my wife does as well (and she really wasn't that big a WebOS fan). My daughter has a Blackberry but wants an iPhone. Looks like there may soon only be 2 carriers that can help us, and neither starts with an S.

    I suspect that there are more Sprint WebOS users that feel the platform is more important than feel the carrier is.

    Wouldn't the irony be if a "make it right" fulfillment was a free device for changing carriers?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions