Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I suspect that (if it's true) the exodus of Pre users from Sprint will be bigger than the exodus of Sprint users from WebOS. Most that were willing to change probably already have. Face it, it's not like Sprint has been setting the market on fire with hot new devices.
    No offense...but just how many people on Sprint do you think there is using and loving the Palm Pre? Honestly. It never was a hit seller, and coupled with the poor quality of the Pre and the first mass exodus when the Evo 4G came out....i think the remaining were a very tiny amount.

Also...Sprint has been pretty good with phones over the last year..

Evo 4G
    Epic 4G
    Evo Shift 4G
    HTC Arrive
    Evo 3D
    Motorola Photon
    The eventual Galaxy II phone that is most certainly coming to Sprint.

Plus the rumored iPhone coming to sprint as well.

Keep in mind, the Evo and Epic are two of sprints best selling phones in recent memories.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    i'll be one of those leaving Sprint. their benefit of being cheaper is now almost negligible thanks to the $10 premium data add-on and my employee discount.

soooo it looks like i'm off to AT&T and the HP Veer I just bought off eBay for more than half the off-contract price. when the Pre3 hits in August(?) i'll be with it on AT&T

bye sprint its been swell but you just don't have what I want anymore
    I am done trusting sources. You guys are over reacting big time
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    true, but been gaining a bit lately. they are the budget carrier.
    I have to add here...why do people think Sprint is this tiny no name carrier. Do they have as many subscribers as Sprint/AT&T? Hell no. Do they have more than T-Mobile? Hell yes. They have 51 million customers...thats not a "budget carrier" number.

They own budget carriers however (Virgin and Boost)
    ToddK likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    true, but been gaining a bit lately. they are the budget carrier.
    Sprint is in trouble especially when the AT&T/T-Mobile merger goes through.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I am done trusting sources. You guys are over reacting big time
    Again...if you were a follower of Engadget...they will almost never post something that is a minor rumor.

The people who run Thisismynext include many people from Engadget including the former EIC, as well as Dieter Bohn.

They don't make rumor post unless they are 90% sure its legit. You can not believe it all you want, but this isn't some random poster saying some sprint rep told them something.

Carry on with hope and dreams though.
    Sure was a ridiculously concise exclusive:

"a trusted source tells us that the Pre 3 won’t be coming to Sprint at all, and that HP hasn’t planned any future devices for the carrier as of yet either"

One sentence? Sure would like a little more meat with respect to such an important potentiality.

And for their sake they better be right considering that if they aren't, stating the above as pseudo-fact is costing Sprint customers right now. There may be legal issues concerning lost revenue if the 'exclusive' is in fact false.

Me? I'm still looking for a good deal on a Pre2 for Sprint. I know it'll keep me happy for a year or so more. Especially if the Opal is priced right.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I suspect that (if it's true) the exodus of Pre users from Sprint will be bigger than the exodus of Sprint users from WebOS. Most that were willing to change probably already have. Face it, it's not like Sprint has been setting the market on fire with hot new devices.
    We will not notice the exodus until the Pre 3 actually is available to buy on AT&T or Verizon.
    As a soon to be Ex-Sprint user I wish it wasn't so but I've been telling people this was going to happen for some time now.

This isn't about one "trusted source" it's the whole picture:
    • No new WebOS phones since launch
    • No rumors of Pre 3 going on Sprint
    • No evidence of a Pre 3 testing on Sprint (I've seen several AT&T and Verizon Pre 3's testing in the Bay Area)
    • And this latest scoop from a legitimate site seals the deal
    spudland likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by urresidentcomedian View Post
    Maybe because that's at least what 80-something percent of their customers want.
    That's a good way to go out of business eventually: keeping 4 out of 5 of your customers happy. Small minds thinking short-term always take this route.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurzweil View Post
    That's a good way to go out of business eventually: keeping 4 out of 5 of your customers happy. Small minds thinking short-term always take this route.
    lol...there is a negligible amount of people wanting a WebOS device. Sure, if Pre 3 is a big hit i'm sure SPrint and HP will be back at the negotiation table but lets be real....

If sprint does indeed get the iPhone as rumored, they will be just fine.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmag10 View Post
    i cant wait to get a galaxy s2, such a disappointment from sprint & hp. ill return to webOS once everyone gets their act together.
    I'm getting a Galaxy S2 also. Tired of the <<mod delete>> HP is pulling constantly, they are 10 times worst that Palm. This really sucks... I do care about WebOS a lot but I will not dance the HP way.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 07/08/2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: language
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    it's not entirely sprints fault, hp/palm is just as responsible. face the facts hp/palm is not doing enough to attract support from carriers, developers and consumers. webOS has been a roller coaster since it launched.
    Definitely don't want to follow the millions of green robots, but definitely want to stay with Sprint (especially after the death of unlimited data on Verizon). WP7 here I come?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    How do you know who's fault it is? Were you privy to the HP/Sprint negotiations???

Palm didn't screw them, Droid launched at the same time and Verizon put marketing muscle behind it with Superbowl ads and spent megabucks. Sprint didn't.
    Sprint did its share of marketing. Yeah Verzion went above and beyond for Droid...but that doesn't mean its sprint fault. Sprint had basically the same amount of marketing at the launch of the Evo 4G....and that device blew the Pre's sales performance out of the water....they then continued to market.

Why would a carrier continue to marketing a failing product for months? Honestly?

Bottom line..Palm failed when they made a product the vast majority of people did not want. The Pre was Sprint's flagship and people just weren't interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by w2wpaul View Post
    Definitely don't want to follow the millions of green robots, but definitely want to stay with Sprint (especially after the death of unlimited data on Verizon). WP7 here I come?
    See ya there.
    bmag10, susanoo26 and barkerja like this.
    Sprint didn't get the Pre Plus, Pre 2 or the Veer. I guess the writing has been on the wall for some time but we didn't want to believe it. I am on Sprint now and my 2 year contract ends in December 2011. I'm hoping to jump ship to Verizon if they get the Pre 3 because I'll get a discount thru my employer and I hear they have great coverage in San Francisco . . . and I hear AT&T has bad coverage in SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I stopped reading at "a trusted source tells us"...
    Dieter Bohn's new site is good. I think you would like it if you read it. So far their sources have been dead on.
    I sure hope this isn't true, or if it is, I hope Sprint will get a better webOS phone at some point. As much as I like webOS, I'm not going to leave Sprint for it unless I can find a carrier with similar plans/pricing/coverage.
    I'm sorry but you guys are really ****** for believing this. It's not even official yet. These are just rumors as always and look at that website right now with a high traffic of ****** making their site more popular. If you see that SPRINT said NO then it is official. No one really knows yet and stop believing this unoficial stufff.
    that new website is smart... Play off the crazy sprint fanatics that will check their site every two mins. I'm not buying it. You shouldnt either
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast