Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rennat
  1.    #1  
    So, I just got back from Verizon because I just switched to them from Sprint. The lady there of course tried to push the Droids on me but hey, she's just doing what her job tells her to do right? Anyway, Verizon was actually quite quick and easy when switching over and porting the numbers over. They big reason why I did it 'today' was today is the last day to get grandfathered into the unlimited plan. I have a $50 Pixi that I am using as a temporary phone until the Pre3 comes out. Who else has switched to Verizon? Just wondering because I would believe that Sprint is probably going to be loosing quite a bit of people in these few months.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    didnt you hear......Pre3 coming to Sprint, 6 month exclusive goes on sale Sept 1.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    didnt you hear......Pre3 coming to Sprint, 6 month exclusive goes on sale Sept 1.
    ha ha, you actually got me there for about 8 seconds
    - John Wayne
    bignoze likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    So, I just got back from Verizon because I just switched to them from Sprint. The lady there of course tried to push the Droids on me but hey, she's just doing what her job tells her to do right? Anyway, Verizon was actually quite quick and easy when switching over and porting the numbers over. They big reason why I did it 'today' was today is the last day to get grandfathered into the unlimited plan. I have a $50 Pixi that I am using as a temporary phone until the Pre3 comes out. Who else has switched to Verizon? Just wondering because I would believe that Sprint is probably going to be loosing quite a bit of people in these few months.
    I'm sure Sprint's webOS user count pales in comparison to the number of users they gained due to their Android devices.

Sad, but likely true.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Well thats fine because we are not on verizon contracts!

I did the same thing on Monday- the instant port of the number was quite cool- never did my Pre2 hold a fake number it was instantly the one I wanted- however that canceled my sprint line...even tho I did not ask for that (I was going to but just upset it did it by itself)

Got another line on a galaxy s I bought for 60$ - so IF pre3 is only verizon- my wife and I can switch fully to verizon from sprint (she is still on contract for sprint) and both have unlimited data- if pre3 comes to sprint- bye verizon back fully to sprint-

Ill pay 2 months of both bills- if no announcement of carriers by then...who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'm sure Sprint's webOS user count pales in comparison to the number of users they gained due to their Android devices.

Sad, but likely true.
    Yes. By all accounts, the number of people leaving VZW for Sprint (with these new data plans) will vastly outstrip any people jumping to VZW these last couple of weeks.

-Suntan
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Yes. By all accounts, the number of people leaving VZW for Sprint (with these new data plans) will vastly outstrip any people jumping to VZW these last couple of weeks.

-Suntan
    No one will be leaving because of the data plans really. Only new smartphone people. Everyone who already has a data plan gets grandfathered in. The vast majority would be the people already with smartphones.
    - John Wayne
    I hadn't seen where it was verified that you could keep the unlimitted plan when you changed phones? From what I read, every Verizon customer will go teired once they re-up for a new contract. If it is in writing that you will be able to keep the unlimitted plan as long as you are their customer, then please show me the terms. I may head over after I get off of work.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    you keep your unlimited if you have it when you upgrade after the 7th, that's what the training docs on android central and the reps I have chatted with have said.
    I switched yesterday thru BB to Verizon because of the buy-back program and was told we absolutely can trade our phone in within 6 months, get 50% of the MSRP credit toward the Pre 3, and it does not affect unlimited data plan at all. Also, you can make any other changes (add lines, change phone/text plans, change from single to family plan, and none of that will affect the unlimited data plan either. So I'm keeping my new Galaxy s that cost me $49.99 but has a MSRP of $599.99 at home and playing with Android 2.2 and still using my Pre- on Sprint as my goto phone for work and out & about stuff. I must say, this is a very nice phone and just lacks the ease of use (gestures) and intuitiveness of webOS...otherwise, I can see why so many people are being sucked into the Android Zone.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    This is only for your current contract though isnt it? I thought theirs was different than att did the iphone and once contract is up bye bye unlimited. Is that not the case?
    Nope, you are grandfathered in the plan. You can upgrade and upgrade again keeping the plan. Look in the PreCentral article, it states that you can upgrade with keeping the plan. Desides, the word grandfathered means this and Verizon said (in writing) that all current customers with the unlimited plan are grandfathered in as well as those who join before July 7th.
    - John Wayne
  12.    #12  
    There are actually Spirnt customers that still have the way old Cero plan which costs them like $30 a month for what we get for $70.
    - John Wayne
    That only works as long as you remain off contract. If you decide to take an upgrade, you will be required to sign a new 2-year contract, and they will force you onto a newer plan.

If you decide not to take the upgrade, you can indeed keep an old plan as long as you want, but you will of course have to pay full-price if you want a new phone instead of getting the upgrade discount.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i left last year but renewed my contract to take advantage of unltd data.
    Our three phones might be heading over to Verizon soon too.
    In two years, when people start renewing their VZW contracts to get upgrades, they will A) switch to Sprint to keep unlimited data B) VZW will change their tune and reinstate unlimited data or C) by then Sprint will also have tiered data and the point will be moot.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    In two years, when people start renewing their VZW contracts to get upgrades, they will A) switch to Sprint to keep unlimited data B) VZW will change their tune and reinstate unlimited data or C) by then Sprint will also have tiered data and the point will be moot.
    I'd say not a chance in hell for B....why would Verizon ever do that once things settle down? They like taking money...when was the last time you heard them have any "great" discount.
    I switched to Verizon from AT&T a year ago and have been happy with the service. I was eligible for an upgrade a few weeks ago. I would have like to upgrade to the Pre 2 before Verizon changed there data plan. But I want a Pre 3 and couldnt afford to use my upgrade on a pre 2 and buy a pre 3 at full price. Im waiting to see what the discount will be for the Pre 3. I dont think the tiered plan will be that bad since Im connected to WiFi most of the time anyway.