View Poll Results: If Sprint does NOT get the Pre 3 but DOES GET the iPhone 5; what will you do?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jump ship to a carrier with the Pre 3 even if that means a more expensive tiered data plan.

106 41.09%
  • Get an iPhone 5 and stick with Sprint.

93 36.05%
  • Get an Android phone and stick with Sprint.

59 22.87%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1.    #1  
    More than one analyst is reporting that the iPhone 5 is going to be released on Sprint in addition to Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile. No one at all is saying that the Pre 3 is coming to Sprint. So I am wondering if the Pre 3 does not come to Sprint but the iPhone 5 does, will you either jump ship to a carrier that has the Pre 3 or stick with Sprint and jump to the iPhone 5? Keep in mind that Verizon and AT&T now have potentially much more expensive tiered data plans.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Iphone is an excellent phone, but the OS is not for me, what can I say, i'm hooked on webOS.
    vza33 likes this.
    I'll be holding on to my Franken Pre 2 for as long as it suits me, but when I'm ready to upgrade, if Sprint doesn't have the Pre 3 or a webOS phone I want, I'll have no problem getting a Sprint iPhone if one is available.
    blackfireball5 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I'll be holding on to my Franken Pre 2 for as long as it suits me, but when I'm ready to upgrade.
    just did my Pre 2 conversion and i couldn't be happier right now. TP and Pre2 ftw.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Iphone is an excellent phone, but the OS is not for me, what can I say, i'm hooked on webOS.
    Has anybody used iOS 5? It's tough to fairly make up your mind about a phone and OS that haven't been released yet.
    emceesquared likes this.
    it's easy, on the other hand, to make up your mind about a phone and OS that has been out for four years and merely received incremental updates since then.

it's fair to say that if you didn't like iOS 4, you probably won't like iOS 4 with unlock screen exhibition mode and android notifications tacked on (unless the terrible, broken notifications of the current iOS were what turned you off the system, in which case iOS5 might be something for you).
    I'm on bell. but might be facing a similar situation. ( Since I don't get to renew until November, and don't want another 3-year contract, it really depends on the price of an unlocked pre3.)

If the rumors regarding the iphone 5 being priced for prepaid/unlocked end up being accurate, I may have to compromise webOS and a Physical keyboard. I haven't had a working phone for months (pre broke), and am going to have to buy a feature phone off of craigslist for the time being. Come September, I'm going to be a nearly broke first year university student, also known as: a university student. When It comes to it, my need for a laptop takes precedence over my love for webOS.
  8.    #8  
    Read that iPhone 5 will be more incremental improvements such as a dual core cpu. OS will probably not change much.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I'm torn, but the wife has been wanting an iPhone anyway, so we may jump ship. If we do, I can say it was to get her the phone SHE wanted...
    As much as I'd love to move to whichever carrier for more webOS fulfillment, i'm stuck with sprint. Descent prices on my three family lines. The Iphone 5 will at least be a suitable phone to go along side my touchpad though
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I choose none of the above. I'm still very happy with my Pre. I really, really want the Pre3, but if it doesn't come to Sprint I'll stick with what I have for a long time.

Just a quick side story on how I'm slow to upgrade: my first cell phone was a Sanyo N400. I loved that phone (it still has the best ringtone ever and I wish I could find it in mp3 format for my Pre). It had a retractable antenna. I kept it so long people kept making fun of me for how old it was. What finally made me switch was I was standing outside a grocery store talking on it and some old redneck hillbilly in a beat up old pickup truck leaned out his window and said "Got a long enough antenna on that phone? Hehehehehe." When a hillbilly makes fun of a tech junky's technology, it shamed me into finally upgrading. Unfortunately I got some random clamshell that I don't even remember what it was. I hated it. But I got the Pre next and am once again in love. Thanks for reading my random story.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    I've already made the jump to Android. Unless sprint changes there current pricing scheme, I won't ever be changing providers.
    no iPhone5 for this WebOS user. No Sprint Pre3? Then a franken Sprint Pre2 would be my regretable second choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    Read that iPhone 5 will be more incremental improvements such as a dual core cpu. OS will probably not change much.
    I guess you missed the whole shebang about iOS 5 which will release with the next iPhone?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    There is tlk of whether the phone should be called the iPhone 5 of iPhone 4g/s, but if you are interested in what is in iOS5 coming out in the fall, here you go:

Apple - iOS 5 - 200+ new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.

I am a Pre/webOS guy, but I believe in making informed decisions & doing what is right for you.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Ill probably jump on the iphone and Android bandwagon.

My wife and I both have pre's. I will get her the iphone and Ill get the Android.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    No iPhone for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheRoad View Post
    no iPhone5 for this WebOS user. No Sprint Pre3? Then a franken Sprint Pre2 would be my regretable second choice.
    i recommend it.
    I came from a JB Iphone2G on Tmo for the Pre. Was quite happy there. The Pre for all its warts was a great phone. The hardware was abysmal but WebOS homebrewed was terrific. I was forced to get an Evo when I couldn't get a replacement pre (long story for another time). I will go back to IP5 on sprint before switching again.
  20. Pun
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If the Pre3 doesn't come to sprint then i will be moving on from WebOS, not happy about it but I'm not leaving Sprint for a company that has dropped the ball so far. HP has shown nothing to keep my trust. I've been buying "Palm" phones and was loyal to "palm" not HP. Just becuz HP bought my favorite OS doesn't mean I'm gonna jump thru hoops for them. Myself and everybody else here are the ones responsible for WebOS even being worth buying for HP, and they've shown no appreciation in leaving me with a run down phone on it's last leg with no option to upgrade and not even the benefit of simply telling me when or if I can get a pre3. Instead they leave me hanging and will probably end up telling me it won't be on Sprint when I could've upgraded my phone about a year ago. For the 1st time ever I'm riding out a cell phone contract to the fullest in hopes of getting a Pre3, and if HP doesn't make that possible I will be moving on. Without us HP has nothing in WebOS, and I think they've done a pretty <<staff deletion>> bad job in keeping us informed...especially when they know the situation sprint pre- owners are in and who are trying to stay loyal but are left with no option. At least let us know now if we can move on and stop leaving us hanging.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/15/2011 at 12:01 AM. Reason: language
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast