View Poll Results: If Sprint does NOT get the Pre 3 but DOES GET the iPhone 5; what will you do?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jump ship to a carrier with the Pre 3 even if that means a more expensive tiered data plan.

106 41.09%
  • Get an iPhone 5 and stick with Sprint.

93 36.05%
  • Get an Android phone and stick with Sprint.

59 22.87%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree16Likes
    At this point, I'm so unhappy with my Pre Minus and the support from HP that I have to look seriously at the iPhone, Android and Win 7 Mango. It's going to take something really special from HP to keep me from leaving.
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    dreamcast87 likes this.
  2.    #82  
    Hopefully HP's, "making things right", will include a discount for the Pre 3 in addition to their Touch Pad 32GB discount. To do otherwise would be yet another slap to the face.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<thread moved>>
    Yikes! Why was the tread moved to CDMA Carrier discussion? The description of that forum is to discuss mobile plans, customer service, dropped calls, coverage, etc. This thread doesn't talk about any of that. It is about whether you are willing to do anything to stay with the Pre3; whether it is worth clinging to WebOS for. Is it a teenie weenie bit possible a little overmanaging of the threads may have been done here? Could you please move it back? It is doubtful anyone is looking in this forum for such a conversation. Especially since this is the seldom looked at portion of Precentral. Someone will inevitably start a similar thred in the Pre3 forum if you leave it in the carrier forum.

Thx,

Bob
    Not sure if this was posted anywhere else...
    Pre 3 processor upgrade, becomes Verizon Droid Bionic competition :

While the majority of Verizon customers are patiently awaiting the release of the highly anticipated 4G LTE-capable Motorola Droid Bionic, one handset which is quietly progressing under the radar is the Hp Pre 3 which is also due for release on Verizon soon.

For those of you who are intent of getting one, we have some fantastic news for you, as we’re hearing news that HP has swapped the single-core processor featured in the Pre 3 to a brand new dual-core, a move which is sure to make many consumers think twice about what handset they want to pick up during the Summer.

Originally, the Pre 3 was set to be shipped with a 1.4GHz Scorpion CPU processor, but details over at BGR has revealed that the device may end up with a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor instead, which is obviously great news for those who were planning to get one.

Just for a refresh, other specs of the device include a 3.58-inch multitouch screen, a 5MP camera with LED flash and 720p video recording and also a separate VGA camera on the front of the device for video chats. On the memory front, users will be able to make use of 512MB of RAM and a choice of either 8GB or 16GB internal memory.

Additional information reveals that the Pre 3 is set for a July release on Verizon, meaning that it could land in the next few days on Big Red. With this in mind, it will be interesting to see just how many consumers are thinking about getting the Pre 3, even more so now that it could be upgraded with a dual-core processor.

Is the Pre 3 now an attractive proposition on Verizon or is the Droid Bionic still the handset that is miles in front on Verizon in terms of consumer demand. We have read an awful lot of comments from you saying that you’ll be switching your focus to another handset if Verizon doesn’t hurry up and release official details for the handset after months of delay.

While the addition of a dual-core is good, we still don’t think it will turn many heads. The deciding factor will ultimately be whether you like using a different operating system or not, as webOS certainly offers a different experience to Android. Having said that, there are a lot of webOS fans out there, so this news about a possible processor upgrade is going to be very pleasing indeed for some of you.
  5.    #85  
    The WebOS Weekly article on Precentral swears the CPU is a single & this is false.
    None of the above.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodolfo View Post
    None of the above.
    Yup. I've got a Touchpad now, which replaces about 75% of what I relied on my Pre- to do. In the meantime, the Pre is still holding together, is great for calls and conferencing, and still an ultra-portable device that can be an internet terminal in a pinch.

Nothing will make me move to AT$T. Verizon is too expensive. My original Pre continues to do everything I need a phone to do.

So I vote for #4: "keep my Pre- until a new webOS device is released on Sprint, or until they run out of replacements"
    I've actually considered a move to AT&T myself. I have a Veer that I picked up only because I got it cheap without contract, and I'd like to be able to switch between that and the Pre 3 on occasion. However, it'd be pretty expensive to get a plan on AT&T similar to what I have on Sprint, and I'd be hit with limited data. I've gone over 5GB a few times when I had to webOS Doctor and then redownload all of my apps. AT&T has a 2GB plan for $25, and then the 4GB plan is $45, and there's nothing above that. There's also the fact AT&T service isn't great in my area.

Of course, the other issue is that you can't have two phones on one webOS Account.

Verizon would be even more expensive and I'd have to deal with delayed updates, and they don't use a SIM card, which as I mention above would be one of the few reasons to switch.

For now though, I'm just sticking with my Sprint-ed Pre 2.
    Sorry WebOS, the writing is on the wall. A loyal Pre but time has taken it's toll and it's been too long without any updates or info for that matter on the Pre 3. It's like HP is holding us hostage. Well it's time to break free. I supported Palm from the start and now to be hoodwinked by HP is an insult. Strength in number is the keyPalm Pre'ers. Why do we have to Waite for information, by the time the Pre 3 does get out no matter what carrier gets it, it will still be left behind despite how much I love WebOS. it's been a nice ride HP/Palm/WebOS I must say. Sooooooooooo Long, will miss you. (: (:
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluBee View Post
    I went to Sprint yesterday and the rep who is a big Palm fan and former pre- owner said he wishes webOS would come back, he highly doubts anything will happen this year if at all. He stated if something were coming out they would know by now.

Maybe if they allow licensing then maybe we will see a comeback. So after backing up all my files on my computer I'm taking the Android ship today and I'm not sure if I will return to webOS.
    If we weren't on opposite coasts I'd think we traded at the same Sprint store

I did the Android switch in June while my Pre was being repaired (a screw fell out and it came apart; they fixed it in house) ~ one of many reasons I stay with Sprint, my local shop is an authorized Pre and Android service center; Verizon and AT&T have to send everything out.

The timing was such that I could check out the Touchpad display at launch and still have a week to turn back the Evo 4G and use my Pre again (it's in perfect condition).

I don't like Android as well as WebOS but Android does what I need it to do and at the moment the Pre can only do that when it also includes Classic. Since the Touchpad, and I presume the Pre3 (though I've sent innumerable passionate requests to HP/Palm on this topic) WON'T have/will NOT have Classic natively available Android was the best option for the moment.

If a WebOS device that met my needs (a 4 function PIM, a relational database, and documents editing, ALL of which can USB cable sync with compatable desktop applications) were available on another carrier the next time I'm a "free agent" I would consider switching IF that carrier can deliver a signal to my work site (at the moment that's only Sprint and Verizon, and Sprint is better in that regard).

I've never even held an i-phone. My only experiece with ios was trying out the i-pad next to the Touchpad at the local Wal-Mart (the only venue locally to do that ~ not where I'd actually buy). I was not impressed. I'd get an Android tablet first (though I'd prefer a Touchpad with Classic, if that were an option).
    Last edited by moneil7; 08/03/2011 at 12:04 AM.
    Tungsten E / dumb phone -> TX / Blackberry Pearl -> Pre (1.4.1.1) -> Evo 4G / rooted Nook Color (with the Pre on the side).
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345