View Poll Results: If Sprint does NOT get the Pre 3 but DOES GET the iPhone 5; what will you do?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jump ship to a carrier with the Pre 3 even if that means a more expensive tiered data plan.

106 41.09%
  • Get an iPhone 5 and stick with Sprint.

93 36.05%
  • Get an Android phone and stick with Sprint.

59 22.87%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Where's the option for "I'll go back to a RAZR"?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    ur losing this battle. Today's rumor that Sprint won't be getting the Pre3 is the last straw. I was set to leave Sprint to whoever got the Pre3 but it's taking far too long. I was loyal but my first run Pre is dying. Time to move on. HTC Evo 3D or Evo Shift looks like the winner. HP may as well quit the tablets and smartphones now since they already royally screwed up their one shot at revival of WebOS
    I love webos but I`m not switching from sprint no time soon. Now maybe if I was rich then yeah I could switch that easily. But if the iphone comes to sprint then I don`t think hp will be able to catch up let alone be in the race. They take to long to release phones,and tablets with webos,they have inferior hardware and specs.I remember when HP bought palm and I was hearing and reading about hp`s deep pockets and how they were going to double down on webos. Please!! If the iphone 5 comes to sprint I will get it,or an android device.I will not be jumping ship for a more expensive plan.Sorry HP!! really I`m not sorry.It's your fault.If you would have released better hardware,faster release dates you would not have this problem. The veer!! Really?? it`s a nice phone but it`s not about that.It`s a spec war,and please don`t say it`s about how the ui is or how good the os is because android was crap and is just now starting to catch up to being a somewhat ok os.
    Bob-C and SmartFah like this.
  4.    #45  
    You are right. Developing the Veer was a poor decision in the large scheme of things. If they had thrown those development resources into the Pre3 and Touchpad, maybe the Pre 3 would have been released in early summer instead of the Veer and the Touchpad would not have been released half baked.

I think the problem is that HP is a hardware company with no experience in managing software development. The acquisition of PALM also caused key programmers to leave the company. The chief WebOS architect went to Android. So is there any wonder why that platform has been rapidly progressing; why Android tablets like the Blackberry Playbook have a card interface; why the Android phone operating system will also have cards within a few months?

Pretjadd81, your following comment has just leaned me towards sticking with Sprint above all else.

If the iphone 5 comes to sprint I will get it,or an android device.I will not be jumping ship for a more expensive plan.Sorry HP!! really I`m not sorry.It's your fault.If you would have released better hardware,faster release dates you would not have this problem.

Perfect insight.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    ill rock the pre- and the pixis till they die and stop replacing them.
    see how long we can last, im not losing the use of my touchstones.
    Palm prē-ist.
    i'll stick with my sprint pre 2 until either it dies or sprint gets a new webos phone.
    I think either Palm or webOS left a bad taste in Sprint's mouth. They're avoiding HP/Palm/webOS like a plague.

They must not have been happy with Pre- numbers and the support from Palm thereafter.

The relationship between Spring and HP/Palm is not a good one it seems. Sprint's in bed with Google now, soon to have a threesome with Apple included. They could probably care less about webOS.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    I think either Palm or webOS left a bad taste in Sprint's mouth. They're avoiding HP/Palm/webOS like a plague.

They must not have been happy with Pre- numbers and the support from Palm thereafter.

The relationship between Spring and HP/Palm is not a good one it seems. Sprint's in bed with Google now, soon to have a threesome with Apple included. They could probably care less about webOS.
    2 years ago sprint was hanging by a thread looking for a lifeline. the pre- was hoped to be that lifeline. webos bet on it and got burned. sprint bet on the evo and it worked.
    With the prices between AT & T and Sprint looking to be pretty much a wash for me, I'm thinking I'll likely just follow the phone I want, probably between the P3 and the Iphone5. If I had to guess today, I'd say P3 for me and Iphone5 for my wife but there's still plenty of time to decide despite the daily angst of some of these threads.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I'm going to wait for the Pre 4 in late Fall.

Ho, ho, ho! ;-)
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Not leaving Sprint without good cause. Right now, Sprint has more to offer than HP.
    i think sprint has a better chance of getting the iphone than any pre3 device.
    SmartFah likes this.
  13.    #54  
    When Dan Hesse's rep called me back regarding my wanting info on the Pre 3 being carried by Sprint, she said something like, "We appreciate your liking of the Pre despite all the troubles it had at launch." Ouch. I agree that the Pre- must've left a bad taste in their mouth.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    We'll leave sprint and go to someone else. AT&T or Verizon. Haven't decided.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I'm going to wait for the Pre 4 in late Fall.

Ho, ho, ho! ;-)

You continue to say this in multiple threads. Either stop it, or show me something concrete, dag nabbit!!!
    Last edited by dingwall1; 07/09/2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: quote
    I realize that tiered plan is right now more expensive, but sprint's unlimited data already has a new $10 fee and i read in a yahoo expense article that their gonna raise that fee to $30 this winter. While my $69.99 plan with the replacement fee is cheaper than verizon. The extra fee will take place around the time my sprint contract ends. So when Pre 3 doesn't come to sprint and to verizon instead, i will def jump ship. Palm Pre is my first smartphone. Too attached to WebOS haha

**here's the article. It's at the bottom of the article
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Budget...27244.html?x=0
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I'm actually coming to terms with... AT&T being a decent value(?!) Most of the wireless we call is AT&T already, so that helps, and I think we can reasonably go to 700 minutes. I'm not thrilled with their data plans, but the 25% discount I get at work helps. Plus, if we would (as I think) get access to their wifi hotspots, that would help.
    I think Sprint was probably open to the Pre3 idea, but after watching the Veer fail, and watching the negative reviews on the TouchPad, I think it's clear why a carrier might pass on HP's devices. There hasn't been a competitive webOS phone launched in 2 years, and everything HP has done so far appears amatuerish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pun View Post
    If the Pre3 doesn't come to sprint then i will be moving on from WebOS, not happy about it but I'm not leaving Sprint for a company that has dropped the ball so far. HP has shown nothing to keep my trust. I've been buying "Palm" phones and was loyal to "palm" not HP. Just becuz HP bought my favorite OS doesn't mean I'm gonna jump thru hoops for them. Myself and everybody else here are the ones responsible for WebOS even being worth buying for HP, and they've shown no appreciation in leaving me with a run down phone on it's last leg with no option to upgrade and not even the benefit of simply telling me when or if I can get a pre3. Instead they leave me hanging and will probably end up telling me it won't be on Sprint when I could've upgraded my phone about a year ago. For the 1st time ever I'm riding out a cell phone contract to the fullest in hopes of getting a Pre3, and if HP doesn't make that possible I will be moving on. Without us HP has nothing in WebOS, and I think they've done a pretty ****ty job in keeping us informed...especially when they know the situation sprint pre- owners are in and who are trying to stay loyal but are left with no option. At least let us know now if we can move on and stop leaving us hanging.
    I do feel the same way but its not necesarily HPs fault. I do hope some miracle happens hut the thing is sprint also hss a say in it. They may be the ones deciding that webos is not a choice they want to go for. They defenitely are backing up android. Lets just see what happens just saying that its not always hp..they may be still trying to get a deal but who knows..they tend to be really quite about news and thats unfortunate. Im going webos wherever it goes. Not too fond of ios
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast