1.    #1  
    As Sprint customers, many of us pretty much accepted the fact that Pre3 is not coming to Sprint. At least not when it arrives at ATT and Verizon.

So while we can fuss up a storm, we can also do other things.

I for one will be trying to convince all of my friends and co-workers on ATT and Verizon that are considering new phones to switch to Pre3 when it comes out. You should see my workplace. If I sit at a table of 5, 4 will have rested their iphones on the table and the lone wolf (me) and my pround pre-. It'll be pretty fun to see how many iphone loyalists I'll be able to sway. I see it as a fun challenge.

The more users on webOS phones, the more leverage HP will have when knocking on Sprint's door yet once again to see if they're interested. But besides that, why not, right? It's like Oprah and her recommended books. We love webOS so much, why not share right?

While I may switch to Android (inevitably) at this rate, I am also going to live vicariously through others I know that I've helped convert to webOS. Hehe....
    was gonna thank you, but then you said youre gonna switch to android.

fail
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    i've convinced at least 5 people to purchase webOS phones before. i told them that they'll ALWAYS be able to get OTA updates, i told them flash was on the way, i told them that apps are on the way. for obvious reasons, i don't plan on trying to convince anyone to buy into the platform again. at least not anytime soon.
    I know i'm in double digits, as far as convincing people to get webOS, and as crazy as it sounds, i'll continue doing it.

I'm in the same boat as laoh in that i might eventually have to switch to android( i'm on a sprint employee plan) and i am dreading that day. As long as i can keep finding pre's to switch too, i'll continue to do so, or until that magical day when Sprint decides thay have to hop back on the webOS bandwagon.

Oh well, i'll continue to push webOS to everyone i know, and watch them enjoy the new phones... sigh...
    I like your optimism, and being that I have a Franken Pre 2 I can probably stay content much longer than those who still have a Pre minus, but I know for sure once the official announcement is made, & Sprint is not a carrier for the Pre 3, Chaos will break loose.

People will bash Sprint and/or HP, and it will get ugly. Those who can afford a higher monthly bill will jump ship for the Pre 3, & bash Sprint. Those who can't will be forced to switch to Android or WP7, and will probably bash Sprint & HP. A lot of negative word of mouth will spread, & it wont be pretty for Sprint or HP.

The idea of continuing to spread the word about webOS & convincing others to get a Pre 3 is a great one. However, it's kind of hard to be an advocate for a platform you no longer use. If I'm using an Android or WP7, and I'm telling someone to get a Pre 3, the first thing they'll probably say is: "but you're using an Android phone."
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    That's good and constructive feedback. I'm also suggesting that anyone who is with sprint, or would like to move to sprint eventually, e-mail Dan Hesse's office at dan@sprint.com and register your support of Sprint getting new webOS phones. The more voices the sooner they'll offer support.
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    That's good and constructive feedback. I'm also suggesting that anyone who is with sprint, or would like to move to sprint eventually, e-mail Dan Hesse's office at dan@sprint.com and register your support of Sprint getting new webOS phones. The more voices the sooner they'll offer support.
    Yes. Contrary to Derek Kessler's editorial and the bazillion comments that follow it, when you write to dan@sprint.com asking that they provide a WebOS phone, they *will* call you back and chat with you about it. The rep will tell you that they're continuing to review what they're going to do because of the "ton" (her word) of email they've received about it. She agreed with me that "every vote counts". So if you haven't sent email yet, go do so. It matters.