Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was holding on and holding on...but my Pre- just wasn't going to hold on with me long enough for Sprint and HP to deliver. No power button, no volume buttons, slider about to fall apart, inexplicable roaming and dropping to 1x - if something could go wrong it was. So with the EVO dropping to $99, I jumped ship today. Hopefully in 2 years webOS will finally have a new phone available on Sprint and I can come back.
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! A high end smartphone with INTERNATIONAL CAPABILITIES...ON SPRINT!

The Galaxy S II might be the dope for many (prolly even me), but I just might have to go for this Moto phone. Simply for the international capability as that's a huge feature for me!

Well, that was my first thought, however, I'm still rocking my Pre- and love it! If no great new webos smartphone comes to Sprint before Christmas, I might have to go the Android route.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualkyr View Post
    I have debated this.

I may ditch the smart phone route altogether and go back to a basic flip phone.

I loved my sanyo scp8400. The pre Pre phone.
    sanyo 8400 was the bomb!! i rocked it for like 2 years ... sanyo knows flips phones
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If i dont jump to verizon or att for the pre 3 .. ill be looking on craigslist for a pre2 and franken pre it ... right now i got a plam pre plus on sprint with 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! A high end smartphone with INTERNATIONAL CAPABILITIES...ON SPRINT!

The Galaxy S II might be the dope for many (prolly even me), but I just might have to go for this Moto phone. Simply for the international capability as that's a huge feature for me!

Well, that was my first thought, however, I'm still rocking my Pre- and love it! If no great new webos smartphone comes to Sprint before Christmas, I might have to go the Android route.
    Most likely I'll go with the successor to the Samsung Epic (minor spec boost) or the rumored 3D-less Evo 3D. I have no desire for a 3d phone, but the rumored Evo without the 3D would be okay.
    I just got a moto xprt, already really liking it.

It replaced my horrible tour however. Sprint was generous on the upgrade and I have a 2nd upgrade this week (pre) so I am waiting a little but in hopes, but don't have great hopes.
    Last edited by Steph3n; 06/28/2011 at 02:34 AM.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'll keep the launch day Pre until I get locked out of the MS exchange server at work. I believe the form factor of the orignal Pre is ideal, if they only could have cured the build quality issues. The Veer form factor and accompanying 910 mAh battery are too small, and I'm not looking to carry an oversized device (Pre3 or rumored Sprint slab). Looks like I'm going to be riding the old horse all the way to the glue factory.
    After 7 years with Palm phones, I'm done. Just picked up the Nexus S and I'm very glad I did.

I was about as loyal as you can get: Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre > Nexus S.

Quite simply, I got tired of waiting with no clear direction from HP or Sprint, and lack of caring attitude at HP with no WebOS updates, no nothing. It was like HP didn't even care if I stuck around or not.

I do like WebOS and miss several of the features. But the Nexus makes the Pre seem like a paperweight. Glad I switched. I can't believe how HP has underestimated how many people would get tired / fed up and leave. It's gonna cost them.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Honestly, I'll probably keep my Pre for a bit longer. If iOS5 had done some kind of significantly better multitasking along with its new notifications I may've resigned myself to going iPhone IF it came to Sprint.

If I go to a new sprint phone it'd be if they get a non-keyboard Windows Phone. Next to WebOS I think its became my favorite just base operating system, and now with a cards like system I like their multitasking setup.

But no matter what I got I'd likely keep my Pre as a backup phone, and incase I hate whatever new OS I go to and want to jump back to the Pre until I finally leave Sprint or they manage to get a new WebOS device.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Well no hope for us guys. looks like im going moto photon.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Moto Photon or Sammy Galaxy s2, both due to their specs and international abilities. Wish there were more W7 choices as I have not been impressed with Suckdroid's frgmentation.
    I just picked up another battery to breathe new life into my Pre-. Looks like 6 more months minimum for me.
    holy mc nugget, I feel bad for you. You just got robbed :O is that really the plan? Wow no wonder ATT makes money from innocent people. Sprint has the best prices and best packages. Wow I can't stop laughing at the plan you listed. Not at you, but at ATT for stealing money just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I talked to an ATT Rep today. Not the exact same plan, but after analyzing the family's usage on Sprint, I have no problem moving to ATT & will actually saving $10/month.

-3 smart phones ($9.99 for the 3rd)
    -700 any time minutes (we have never come close to 1500 required by Sprint)
    -unlimited mobile to mobile
    -family (up to 5 lines) unlimited texting ($30)
    -Data: 2 lines at 2G, 1 line at 200Mb

It is true we don't get unlimited data, but going back 3 months we have never exceeded 2G on a line (must be using enough WiFi). It is true we are restricted to 700 anytime minutes, but have never used 1500. It is true ATT Nav would cost $10 extra/month, but I only use it on Sprint about once/month. True ATT's anytime minutes start at 9PM, but w/unlimited mobile to mobile, I don't see it as a problem. Even my 85 year old Dad has a cell phone. I want the Pre 3, so I will go to where I need to get it. So, if by the time ATT gets the phone, if Sprint hasn't announced a new webOS phone, I am leaving to get one. As I see it, the ball is in Sprint's court. Furthermore, we virtually know ATT will be getting the 3G/4G (HSPA+) version of the TouchPad...

I know there are a ton of plan variations, but make sure you check it out. As I said, I will save $10/month w/our typical usage. I never liked that Sprint 1) required a minimum 1500 minutes on a family plan, 2) is $19.99 for extra lines (over 2), and 3) requires an extra $10 for each smart phone.
    you guys want to know how much I pay for a family plan? I have a family plan of 3 on sprint. It's me, my gf, and my sister. I only pay $155 for the 3 lines and that includes TAX. I've been witth SPRINT for 11 years now so of course I get a discount too. Did you guys just see the price I pay for 2 HTC EVOS, and my palm pre? The HTC EVOS even have 4G and yet we get unlimited mobile to mobile, free roaming, sprint NAVIGATION, etc. We got it all on our phones. I will surely never leave sprint for ATT or VERIZON. Those 2 companies keep taking away peoples money just like that. It's just funny though. We get UNLIMITED everything with the excemption of the 1500(we all use mobile phones now) minutes. Now a days, even 5 year olds have a cellphone so by the end of the month between the 3 of us and the 1500 minutes we get, we end up using less than 200 minutes combined. I feel so lucky to have SPRINT. 2 EVO's, 1 palm pre. Only one phone of the 3 has protection plan(evo) and me and my sister don't. They have 4G ON all the time and yet we pay $155 monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    keep in mind ATT mobile to mobile is in network only!! not like sprint at all!!
    I'm thinking of switching to Verizon and getting the Pre 3. It looks like I could drop texting and be limited to 2GB of data for $70 + tax. That's about what I pay now. I typically use a little over 1GB/month, and far less phone time than anyone's cheapest plan, and maybe I once had 10 texts in a month (maybe), so the limits on the Verizon plan probably wouldn't be a big deal.

This is probably the wrong thread, but how do folks like Verizon as a carrier? Do they still nickel and dime you for stupid stuff like navigation and ring tones?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Was- EVO 3D, but changed my mind (3D = meh), Now: Motorola Photon - Tegra2, 16gig memory, up to 32gig microSD, 8meg camera, anti-glare gorrila glass, and I like the idea of the docking Webtop thingie... :-)
    I said I was waiting for the GalaxySII, but some Admin over at Android Central says the next Nexus is coming out in October with Ice Cream Sandwich. I don't want to get caught buying the last model of this generation if there is going to be a leap forward in another 2 months.

But something newer and better is always around the corner, so i need to just jump it at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    I said I was waiting for the GalaxySII, but some Admin over at Android Central says the next Nexus is coming out in October with Ice Cream Sandwich. I don't want to get caught buying the last model of this generation if there is going to be a leap forward in another 2 months.

But something newer and better is always around the corner, so i need to just jump it at some point.
    Welcome to the world of android (and yes tech in general). If you are really gonna jump to android, just do it, you will always have this issue. You could always go to iOS or stick with WebOS or wait for Mango. Nothing against any platform, just saying as you said you gotta do what you do at some point.

Personally we have been happy jumping carriers, and I like the idea of being free to buy unlocked phones and pop my SIM in. As always YMMV.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    This is probably the wrong thread, but how do folks like Verizon as a carrier? Do they still nickel and dime you for stupid stuff like navigation and ring tones?
    Nav is a separate charge, unlike Sprint, where it is included. Everything on VZW is a separate charge: data packages, messaging packages, etc. So yes, I'd say they do nickel and dime you.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    My Pre- is in sad shape. My sprint contract is up on August 19th.

I'll buy a Pre 2 on eBay or craigslist and activate it off-contract on Verizon.

Then, I'll wait and see on the Pre 3, I'm not going to be an early adopter this time. If the hardware is good, I'll pick it up.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast