Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'll be stuck with my Pre minus or I'll get an iPhone if it ever does arrive on Sprint.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I keep saying that i am going to wait for a webOS device on Sprint, but that Samsung Galaxy S II is looking mighty fine. I hope we get word of the Pre4 (or whatever) coming to Sprint sometime before Fall.
    I'd wait for the next blackberry phone, this will go with my playbook. I bought a playbook while I was waiting for the TP.
    If I had to get one today, I'd probably have a look at the XPRT, Arrive or Nexus S.

XPRT has a small screen (blah) but is 3G (Sero Premium, save $10/mo), portrait QWERTY and is a world phone (I can carry one phone when I go overseas).

Arrive has WP7, not sold on it yet but want to see how Mango will do on it. Still have a physical keyboard but landscape (blah), but probably better than no physical keyboard. Screen size is nice, still 3G. Not a world phone, oh well.

Nexus S is a 4G so I'll have to pay $10/mo more on Sero Premium vs a 3G phone. Not a world phone, blah. Not sure battery life will be great, it's the smallest of the three I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by rendang View Post
    If I had to get one today, I'd probably have a look at the XPRT, Arrive or Nexus S.

XPRT has a small screen (blah) but is 3G (Sero Premium, save $10/mo), portrait QWERTY and is a world phone (I can carry one phone when I go overseas).

Arrive has WP7, not sold on it yet but want to see how Mango will do on it. Still have a physical keyboard but landscape (blah), but probably better than no physical keyboard. Screen size is nice, still 3G. Not a world phone, oh well.

Nexus S is a 4G so I'll have to pay $10/mo more on Sero Premium vs a 3G phone. Not a world phone, blah. Not sure battery life will be great, it's the smallest of the three I believe.
    if you want a 4g world phone motorola is releasing the photon
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm trying to convince myself on an Android phone. Maybe the Nexus S or EVO 3D. I don't know, I desperately want/need the Pre3 but I can only wait for so long.
    Att...

Oh wait I already jumped ship

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    XPRT. That and the Replenish are the only ones with a form factor that I find acceptable, and I like Moto's Blur UI.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    I talked to an ATT Rep today. Not the exact same plan, but after analyzing the family's usage on Sprint, I have no problem moving to ATT & will actually saving $10/month.

-3 smart phones ($9.99 for the 3rd)
    -700 any time minutes (we have never come close to 1500 required by Sprint)
    -unlimited mobile to mobile
    -family (up to 5 lines) unlimited texting ($30)
    -Data: 2 lines at 2G, 1 line at 200Mb

It is true we don't get unlimited data, but going back 3 months we have never exceeded 2G on a line (must be using enough WiFi). It is true we are restricted to 700 anytime minutes, but have never used 1500. It is true ATT Nav would cost $10 extra/month, but I only use it on Sprint about once/month. True ATT's anytime minutes start at 9PM, but w/unlimited mobile to mobile, I don't see it as a problem. Even my 85 year old Dad has a cell phone. I want the Pre 3, so I will go to where I need to get it. So, if by the time ATT gets the phone, if Sprint hasn't announced a new webOS phone, I am leaving to get one. As I see it, the ball is in Sprint's court. Furthermore, we virtually know ATT will be getting the 3G/4G (HSPA+) version of the TouchPad...

I know there are a ton of plan variations, but make sure you check it out. As I said, I will save $10/month w/our typical usage. I never liked that Sprint 1) required a minimum 1500 minutes on a family plan, 2) is $19.99 for extra lines (over 2), and 3) requires an extra $10 for each smart phone.
    I keep telling myself to hold on, HP & Sprint are gonna make it right... one day (a little sarcasm there).

I've been back and forth on getting a new phone for awhile (I've been eligible for almost a year now). I looked at the Nexus S 4G last week (for what its worth, the Sprint rep told me the price was dropping to $150 on contract, on Friday). I'm curious about the battery life compared to the EVO 3D (I know 3D can probably kill the battery, but I'm assuming I can turn that feature off). I liked the feel of the Nexus S, and my wife has an EVO, so I'm somewhat familiar with Android. I would much rather have a WebOS device, but for the ability to have functional device, I'd much rather have something that works and doesn't lock up on a frequent basis.

However, I like the idea of getting a TouchPad and seeing how little I can use a phone. I only went through 2 or 3 Treos in a 7 year (or so) time span, maybe I can make my Pre- hold on. I also like the idea of not being tied to a Sprint contract.

I think I'll have to wait and see what apps start appearing on the TP and then make a decision. If companies/developers are jumping on-board with the TP, maybe that is the way I go.

Maybe a FrankenPre2 at some point, hoping that the Pre3 drives down the Pre2 price. I won't get video chatting, but if I have a TP, I don't think I'd need a phone for VChat.

I'm going to try and hold out for another month or so, see if anything is announced for Sprint and see how the TP does. If Sprint doesn't get the Pre3, a lot of my decisions will be based on how some other things play out.

If HP does come out with a slab on Sprint, a WebOS slab is still a much better option than any other slab, in my opinion, so for me I'd take it in a heartbeat.
    I used my upgrade to get the HTC Arrive when it fisrt came out. Loved the phone fast and easy to use out of the box...problem is my wife loved it just as much if not more so she gently suggested (while firmly grasping my balls) that I should give it to her. So I happily agreed. Now I'm back to Pre which I promptly got replaced cause it was dying anyway and got a refurb, that's been working good sticker under battery said 04/08/2011 VOT guessing this is the refub date com board is brand new, plus managed to avoid the $10 dollar charge. Lost my upgrade so have to wait till 2013 for $150 off phone upgrade.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I think i'll debate between replacement pre's w/ the homebrew updates each time or the arrive (or next sprint wp7 phone). Mango has me intriqued & it's pretty obvious windows will be around for a while. Also heard windows is taking a page from palm & encouraging homebrew developers... For a small fee though.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I talked to an ATT Rep today. Not the exact same plan, but after analyzing the family's usage on Sprint, I have no problem moving to ATT & will actually saving $10/month.

-3 smart phones ($9.99 for the 3rd)
    -700 any time minutes (we have never come close to 1500 required by Sprint)
    -unlimited mobile to mobile
    -family (up to 5 lines) unlimited texting ($30)
    -Data: 2 lines at 2G, 1 line at 200Mb

It is true we don't get unlimited data, but going back 3 months we have never exceeded 2G on a line (must be using enough WiFi). It is true we are restricted to 700 anytime minutes, but have never used 1500. It is true ATT Nav would cost $10 extra/month, but I only use it on Sprint about once/month. True ATT's anytime minutes start at 9PM, but w/unlimited mobile to mobile, I don't see it as a problem. Even my 85 year old Dad has a cell phone. I want the Pre 3, so I will go to where I need to get it. So, if by the time ATT gets the phone, if Sprint hasn't announced a new webOS phone, I am leaving to get one. As I see it, the ball is in Sprint's court. Furthermore, we virtually know ATT will be getting the 3G/4G (HSPA+) version of the TouchPad...

I know there are a ton of plan variations, but make sure you check it out. As I said, I will save $10/month w/our typical usage. I never liked that Sprint 1) required a minimum 1500 minutes on a family plan, 2) is $19.99 for extra lines (over 2), and 3) requires an extra $10 for each smart phone.
    keep in mind ATT mobile to mobile is in network only!! not like sprint at all!!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    ^yha and im not up for paying and cacellation fee. Sprints has the best plans imo and they network gets the job done. and this new 20 bil LTE rollout looks promising. But ill either get the photon. If I have to pick something soon I guess the nexus S
    Quote Originally Posted by ljbad4life View Post
    if you want a 4g world phone motorola is releasing the photon
    Yup, forgot that one. My only problem is that I am not sure how much they'll charge for the photon. Will see when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    XPRT. That and the Replenish are the only ones with a form factor that I find acceptable, and I like Moto's Blur UI.
    The Replenish screen is pretty low res, I have to advise you to look at a functional unit in-store before you go with it. I was considering the Replenish as well but after seeing it in person, I realize I could never get it. The XPRT is pretty decent. I'd recommend the XPRT over the Replenish any day.
    Yeah, I only mentioned the Replenish because it's the only other phone besides the XPRT that has the Pixi form factor, but I definitely would not go with the Replenish. Also the XPRT is one of the most capable Android phones available, with full Exchange support (including encrypted storage for both device and SD card) and it has Moto Blur, which is one of the best UIs for Android IMO. It's a powerhouse of a phone.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am still on my Pre and looking to replace it with a used one in good shape. The new Nexus is to pricey at $200 with a 2 year extension. I do not want to extend my contract. But I cannot beat Sprints price with any mobile anytime and the unlimited data. Wife and I never use all our minutes. Considering dropping land line (I work for local phone Co...LOL), and just keeping my DSL. With ATT buying T-Mobile who was my next choice and both ATT and verizon doing the tiered data plan I think I will stick with Sprint.
    If my 2 year old Pre dies and Sprint isn't going to carry any more webOS devices, I'll move to AT&T and get a webOS device that's available on that network.
    I already moved on ... Nexus S - my wife/mine and soon our business. I was going to hold out personally for pre3 and shift biz to Android (more specific apps that we can utilize) but I liked Nexus so much (widgets and customization, plus once "you go big ..."). Now I am over at Android central. and

Miss flicking cards, multitasking that makes sense and the kickbutt patch world oh, and 'just type' absolutely rocks!!!

Really, really disappointed in HP's ability to 'talk straight' - ie. deliver on what you say (ie. device within weeks of announcement? - or at least that implication) AND the pure lack of news relating to Sprint AFTER 'we will make it right'? A free phone maybe ... will work now - BUT seriously when did you intend to make it right? Is it Sprints fault? Palms? HPs? - not sure - but can't wait forever. Better to have said nothing or vague statement like 'not likely happening this year ...'

I gave up on Windows after seeing the brillant ios and droid aps (ported to webos) and MS slowness and inability to execute - I am a business guy, coming from the corporate world, and still run SBS and all win shop - and I know making a new OS is hard - but they lost my confidence and in many ways HP has done the same.

Although I expect HP to claw back as webos and their maufacturing/form base is perfect to spread webos and webOS should end up on every printer, tv, pc, ... toaster etc. MS salvation will be cloud, office365, corporate and xbox IF they are not too slow. They should buy RIM so they have a base while they get their act together. RIM is toast otherwise. Apple starting to look more MS like or more 'OLD' apple like ... how is it that artist and creative people embrace such a closed, one dimensional system? ipod & iphone were genius, but evolve - embrace some chaos and creativity ...

Will that is my mini rant. Go Nexus S / Droid --- ! Au Revoir webos - from a PalmBoy since ~ ~1990 -
    Last edited by funkmeisterbrau; 06/22/2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    keep in mind ATT mobile to mobile is in network only!! not like sprint at all!!
    Can I get the AT&T Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling feature for my wireless plan?

You can add unlimited messaging with Mobile to Any Mobile minutes to the following voice rate plans with the feature packages indicated below:

Plan Type Plan Name Monthly Cost Feature Name Feature Cost
    Individual Nation $39.99+ AT&T Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile $20/month
    Group FamilyTalk $69.99+ AT&T Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile $30/month

If your calling plan does not qualify for the AT&T Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling feature, you can change to one that does online or by calling 1-800-331-0500.

Attachment 58268
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 09/14/2011 at 11:03 AM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast