Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If the rumors of shared data is true, I might switch to Verizon.
    If you aren't tethering do you really go thru 2 gigs a month? I don't think I've ever past 1.8 in the 2 yrs I've had my Pre-...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    If you aren't tethering do you really go thru 2 gigs a month? I don't think I've ever past 1.8 in the 2 yrs I've had my Pre-...
    YES! I stream a lot of audio (including when not in range of a reliable wifi.) I usually use between 2.5-3.5GB/month myself. I have used as much as 5.8GB/month just myself. My wife, however, uses under 1GB/month. A shared plan in the 5-6GB range is probably worthwhile for us if it has a decent price.
    How about if I sign up now for unlimited data with the family 700 min voice,
    Will they require me to change data plans if later I want to up my voice plan to 900?
    Just call me Berd.
    Here's my dilemma...my sprint contract was up on the 6th. I have an opening day pre. I'm moving to Verizon, but want the pre3 and the unlimited data as there are no signs of shared data right now. The wife wants an iphone. I guess I'm going to get the pre2 on July 6th and secure an unlimited data plan. My luck though, the pre3 will come out a week later on Verizon. Is it 14 days to trade up hardware? I'm done with sprint. Where is HP on doing something for us loyalists!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Well...I just left sprint and went to verizon yesterday. I bought 2 pixi plus phones on Amazon and got a no cantract setup on verizon before their unlimited data goes away next week for me and my wife. I had the pre on sprint and was with them for 10 years. The first thing I noticed was the clarity when talking vs sprint. I'm holding out for a webos LTE phone before I go into a contract or maybe the pre3....

Now typing on my Verizon Pixi! Buy Sprint...should have got a newer webos phone!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    www.lgwebos.com user to user support.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    You realize that you can't grandfather unlimited data on a 3g phone to a 4g phone right?

Verizon counts them as two different things.

Anyway, I grabbed an HTC Thunderbolt off of ebay and will use it as a place holder until a LTE webOS phone arrives. For now though, it's Thunderbolt w/ hotspot so I can still use my Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    How about if I sign up now for unlimited data with the family 700 min voice,
    Will they require me to change data plans if later I want to up my voice plan to 900?
    I called to inquire as well they told me it was possible ibwanted to reserve the unlimited data for pre3 if it comes out. 30 dollars is pretty step though.
    I just switched as well. We were on Sprint for almost 10 years and in addition my irritation of reduced call quality over the past few years (Airwave and all that not helping), the apparent lack of a WEBOS phone pushed me over the edge. Overall, I'm about $60-70 >/mnth but I use my phone for business and I'm just plain tired over the seemingly increasing amount of calls dropped.

I got the wife a Iphone 4G and I'm holding out on Spring as a free agent until the PRE 3 comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    Well...I just left sprint and went to verizon yesterday. I bought 2 pixi plus phones on Amazon and got a no cantract setup on verizon before their unlimited data goes away next week for me and my wife. I had the pre on sprint and was with them for 10 years. The first thing I noticed was the clarity when talking vs sprint. I'm holding out for a webos LTE phone before I go into a contract or maybe the pre3....

Now typing on my Verizon Pixi! Buy Sprint...should have got a newer webos phone!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums

I just signed my wife up yesterday on an Iphone which is 3g so that statement below is incorrect. I think you're confusing a non-smartphone data plan vs. a smartphone data plan which I do believe Verizon considers different for the purposes of the July 7th cutoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    You realize that you can't grandfather unlimited data on a 3g phone to a 4g phone right?

Verizon counts them as two different things.

Anyway, I grabbed an HTC Thunderbolt off of ebay and will use it as a place holder until a LTE webOS phone arrives. For now though, it's Thunderbolt w/ hotspot so I can still use my Pre 2.
    I got a question for everyone... My friend will be buying a used Pre Plus tomorrow and will mainly be using it for the free hotspot feature. This phone is basically a tide me over phone until the Iphone 5 that is rumored for October release. Reason he is also getting this smartphone now is because he is on a dumb phone plan and wants to get signed up for a smartphone plan before the new tiered data starts so he can have unlimited data for tethering.

My question is if the Iphone 5 is a 4G LTE phone will they make him somehow switch plans again in October and lose his unlimited data? Or does the Pre Plus use the same type of data plan as the current 4G phones. Either way I am just happy I will get to introduce my friend to the world of webOS for a short time atleast. Maybe I can get him onboard with a Pre 3 in October lol...
    I'm sticking with Sprint for now.

More of the same news...
    The Associated Press: Verizon Wireless nixing unlimited data for newbies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12