1.    #1  
    Looks Good To Me!

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

I guess this puts to rest that ridiculous theory of Sprint decreasing coverage, and look at this
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Make sure to click the 3G and more tab
    And then type in an address like Las Vegas for example.
    You will then see where data roaming is. The overview map is a touch misleading.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    With roaming data, I think you don't get 3G but is doesn't say you do not, explicitly. What it does say is that you won't have TeleNav Navigation, and something else.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    depends, sometimes sprint roams on verizons 3g network....
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Sometimes I Get 3G While Roaming On Sprint.

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Make sure to click the 3G and more tab
    And then type in an address like Las Vegas for example.
    You will then see where data roaming is. The overview map is a touch misleading.
    But mean isn't this the same thing Verizon does with their map, just paint it all red with no deliniation between native and roaming.

And if Sprint was decreasing our coverage like that thread from the Sprint commuinty forums wanted us to believe would Sprint be allowed to do this? So now it looks like we have no only 3G roaming on Alltel, but all of Verizon's network is now 3G roaming for Sprint users and the new PTT will be across both native and roaming networks..

Was this due in part to the FCC mandating Vzw allow 3G roaming to smaller carriers? but I thought Vzw was fighting that ruling? I'm loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    But mean isn't this the same thing Verizon does with their map, just paint it all red with no deliniation between native and roaming.
    Well, you can go to Verizon's Coverage Locator and check for yourself here: Coverage Locator - Verizon Wireless. From what I can see on my own, this is Verizon's data coverage with the legend differentiating between Verizon Wireless and Extended/Roaming Data Coverage:

http://i.imgur.com/wygKp.png

Now, since Sprint recently updated the way their map portal works and you can no longer see on a Nationwide level the difference between Sprint coverage and roaming, I took the liberty clicking on a little button at the bottom that shows you the map if your plan doesn't include roaming and you can only get service on the Nationwide Sprint network, which you can see here: Support - Article

http://i.imgur.com/EfKQf.png

And if Sprint was decreasing our coverage like that thread from the Sprint commuinty forums wanted us to believe would Sprint be allowed to do this?
    Do what, exactly? Change the legend on their map so that it shows all coverage, including roaming coverage, in one color until you get to an address at which point they begin to show you what is roaming and what isn't because they're hoping that you don't read that little print to the side that mentions the dark green coverage they're showing at the national level includes a substantial amount of roaming coverage?

Was this due in part to the FCC mandating Vzw allow 3G roaming to smaller carriers? but I thought Vzw was fighting that ruling? I'm loss.
    Just because they have to allow it (IF they have to), doesn't mean they have to do it for free. Sprint's caps on the amount of roaming you can do still stand.
    Last edited by malpha; 06/19/2011 at 10:38 AM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    If you click to zoom in just one level, you will see the real map. The overall map does not differentiate between roaming and non-roaming, but if you zoom in one level you can see the difference.

And yes, Sprint did lose native coverage in the Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming, but they also gained coverage in Texas, Louisiana and Minnesota. None of which affects me.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    Sometimes I Get 3G While Roaming On Sprint.
    Alltel towers allow sprint to roam 3g.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater