Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    So my mother's Sanyo's screens went dead on her while on vacation. The phone works as new sans the main display and external caller-ID display. She comes home today and we went straight from JFK International to her local Sprint Corporate store expecting to get it replaced under warranty since the phone is under a year old and in mint condition (no signs of physical and/or water damage).

The first thing the Sprint rep asks is if I have it insured...

"No I don't, but it is under a year old."

She looks into our account and looks at me with a straight face while telling me they'll have to 'take it apart', see what's wrong, and charge me $35...

"The phone comes with a one year warranty"

She agreed that it indeed come with a one year warranty. Then she went and explained that that is the manufacturer's warranty. Therefore, I have to get in touch with Sanyo and deal with them directly.

So to make an already long story short, I should have had the Sprint Extended Service and Repair Program, which is an additional $4 per month ($48/year) for having the convenience of taking my phone to Sprint for issues instead of mailing the phone to the manufacturer.

From what I can tell, it looks like this policy started last December.

So much for a being a Sprint Premier Customer.

You've been warned.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    that change happened quite a while back.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that change happened quite a while back.
    Quite a while back as in December? Or even further back? She got her phone late July of last year, we won't told that 'if you don't get the ESRP, you'll get charged $35 for service."
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Yes, Sprint doesn't warranty the phone for a year. Sanyo does that. You have to deal with Sanyo after 30 days.
    I thought it was always that way if you didn't have ESRP. That is how most companies operate. If it's past the return period, the warranty is handled by the manufacturer.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I thought it was always that way if you didn't have ESRP. That is how most companies operate. If it's past the return period, the warranty is handled by the manufacturer.
    Get total equipment protection for now 8 bucks a month (used to be $7).