1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI.

Take care,

Jay

Sprint steps up prepaid game: Android fuels commodity devices
    By Larry Dignan | June 10, 2011, 3:00am PDT

Sprint steps up prepaid game: Android fuels commodity devices | ZDNet

What happens to prepaid growth—and contract declines—when devices connected to inexpensive plans become competitive with their pricier cousins?

We’re closer to answering that question today than we were just last week.

Sprint and its Virgin Mobile unit on Thursday debuted the Triumph, an Android 2.2 device that doesn’t look like a cheapo phone. Rachel King summed up the primary issue in her quick impressions of the Triumph:

The Triumph was the real treat if there was one today. If I walked into a Sprint store and saw this handheld without a “prepaid” label stamped onto the product sheet, I would assume it’s a full-fledged, regular contracted smartphone. And in a way, it really is just a regular 3G smartphone. Motorola (and Sprint via its Virgin Mobile brand) are developing a bridge between subsidized and prepaid smartphones by bringing some decent options to the bottom category.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Just further proof that CDMA is doomed to be the "all you can eat for free" option.

Virgin's plans are very cheap, and coverage is good -- just don't ask about the data speeds versus GSM (or even WiMax).
    I think the prepaid market is a nice market to penetrate...

It surely can get more webos phones out there...

Totally see a Pixi doing well in this segment.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I would be all over it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    I think the prepaid market is a nice market to penetrate...

It surely can get more webos phones out there...

Totally see a Pixi doing well in this segment.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Heh, maybe PagePlus should round up all those Verizon Pixis that are being liquidated and start selling them for use on their plans.