Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41  
    I understand and appreciate your arguments, but it appears to me that you probably started this thread just to argue an ambiguous (at best) point.

    BTW, I'm not trying to make this personal,but I don't remember ever seeing a member who didn't thank at least one other member's posts:

    Image - TinyPic
  2. #42  
    If you have proof, that's different but after looking into your claim about Canada switching from CDMA to GSM and finding it utterly false, I flat out don't believe anything you say unless you have proof.
    Well, I told nothing about Canada...

    And this is not only my opinion, but my manager opinion. He have to go until clients in 78 countries around the world, and was happy only when the corporate line has changed from CDMA to GSM, because he has to use two cellphones until there. Now, just change the SIM Card and use the local network perfectly.

    Ok, you cannot agree with me, but I believe that the HP have some information to choice a GSM version...

    BTW, I'm not trying to make this personal,but I don't remember ever seeing a member who didn't thank at least one other member's posts:
    Sorry, but I believe that this is not an argument to disqualify some opinion...


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3. #43  
    Haven't seen a good old-fashioned piece of CDMA vs. GSM trollbait in a while. OP, are you longing for the days of 2003-era arguments on HowardForums or something? You're well-spoken, but your posts have so much spin in them I can't take you seriously.

    Looking forward to hearing more about the "failure of the Evo" (Sprint's best-selling handset ever). Oh, if only it weren't handicapped by that brain-addled dinosaur, CDMA! Because consumers care ... really.
    Last edited by VCI_Cell; 06/10/2011 at 01:31 PM.
  4. #44  
    Spin? I think that's being polite. I would call some of it plain old making **** up.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's *no* opportunity, but Palm went the "invest in CDMA first and most aggressively" route with the Pre, and we all saw how that went.

    Looks like HP is going exactly the opposite way, and I'm not convinced it's a bad idea.
    Yes we did see how that went. Very terrible marketing and bad quality hw made Palm pay for their mistakes. This had nothing to do with CDMA.

    Seeing how HP and VZ are probably partners for the Pre3 (which will also be a CDMA phone on a CDMA network), how is HP going the opposite way?

    Even if CDMA is phased out in 2-3 years, that is still 2-3 years of sales/opportunities to continue to build on a base with a carrier for future networks and future devices that will entice further customers to continue purchasing their products.

    Nothing too terrible about phones on both networks (GSM and CDMA). Sprint has still been flirting with the idea of dropping WiMax for LTE. No absolutes in this thread but lots of speculation.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    ...
    If you build your business on a dying, dead-end technology, chances are that your business is going to follow that trajectory. If you cannot see that, I don't know how else to make you understand.
    ...
    The point that you're not seeing is that it's not an "either/or" situation. HP can market to both markets.

    All current technology is dying technology.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Even if CDMA is phased out in 2-3 years, that is still 2-3 years of sales/opportunities to continue to build on a base with a carrier for future networks and future devices that will entice further customers to continue purchasing their products
    Which is also 2 to 3 new versions of each CDMA device.
  8.    #48  
    Ignoring messages with embedded personal attacks entirely, I'd simply note the idea that the Pre on Sprint "failed due to defects," which is why "Sprint won't sell it anymore," I simply invite someone to Google "HTC EVO screens falling off," "HTC EVO light leakage," "Sprint Nexus S 4G antenna issues," "HTC Hero crashing," etc.

    Sprint wouldn't be deeply discounting service and focusing on prepaid if the technology had a future.

    I'm not trying to start a "war" about CDMA versus GSM so much as I am trying to reply to all of the complaints about why HP isn't investing in CDMA to the same degree as GSM. Sprint customers, in particular, are annoyed that HP's not releasing new CDMA handsets after Sprint itself has refused to carry the last two generations of webOS handsets (which were available in CDMA flavors).

    At this point, unless VZW is willing to put a big push into webOS (doubtful), there's no real benefit to putting precious resources into CDMA.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post


    Sorry, but I believe that this is not an argument to disqualify some opinion...


    Best Regards...
    Rnp;not an argument,just an observation of the person making the post.

    BTW, WHAT is THAT on your head? I'm not sure what that says about the you

    Image - TinyPic - Rnp's "hat."
  10. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    brmiller1976,...
    The biggest W.T.F moment is your comment about OnStar. *edit* I forgot to add, what was your reason for bringing OnStar into this? Was it because they use CDMA??? Because you have officially jumped the shark with this one.

    I implore those who are knowledgeable to explain all the other inaccuracies as I don't have anytime anymore.
    He was responding to a point I made out. One of Verizion's biggest B2B partner is OnStar. It's just a lot of revenue that Verizon should just dump because, you know, CDMA is dead. Especially because the carriers in Asia are upgrading their Revision A networks to Revision B... yeah, CDMA is dead.

    I've just about given up on this thread myself.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  11. #51  
    I think brmiller1976 is serious and not just trolling. I'm pretty sure he once tried to tell me he was running Java apps and applets on his Pre. He has a very creative way of viewing the world.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    I'm not trying to start a "war" about CDMA versus GSM so much as I am trying to reply to all of the complaints about why HP isn't investing in CDMA to the same degree as GSM. Sprint customers, in particular, are annoyed that HP's not releasing new CDMA handsets after Sprint itself has refused to carry the last two generations of webOS handsets (which were available in CDMA flavors).

    At this point, unless VZW is willing to put a big push into webOS (doubtful), there's no real benefit to putting precious resources into CDMA.
    There's already a CDMA Pre 3. Oops.

    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3150
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  13. #53  
    I am purging myself from this thread. I already made the trip from SF to LA and now I'm going here:

    Jumbo's Clown Room - Hollywood - Los Angeles, CA

    Because I can't think of a place more opposite then then this thread. Plus my friends say it's fun and are taking us there.

    So goodbye CDMA insane talk, goodbye trolls. I'm getting a Motorola StarTac and will be done from this, gotta live life!

  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I am purging myself from this thread. I already made the trip from SF to LA and now I'm going here:

    Jumbo's Clown Room - Hollywood - Los Angeles, CA

    Because I can't think of a place more opposite then then this thread. Plus my friends say it's fun and are taking us there.

    So goodbye CDMA insane talk, goodbye trolls. I'm getting a Motorola StarTac and will be done from this, gotta live life!

    I used to have a StarTac. You're not making fun of one of my favorite phones are you?

    Shortly after I got that phone, I was doing some contract computer work for the NYPD. Like many southern imports, I was overly worried that someone would steal my phone and/or wallet, so I was constantly checking for both.

    I was talking to my wife on the phone, and did my usual check for both. The conversation went like this:

    • Me: Oh Crap!!!!
    • She: What's wrong?
    • Me: My phone's gone. Dang, I hope no one stole it...
    • She: Herb
    • Me: Seriously, it's not on my clip...
    • She: Herb
    • Me: I'm backtracking to see if I dropped it...
    • She: Herb... slow down...
    • Me: No, you don't understand, I'm serious...
    • She: Babe, you're talking on your phone....
    • Me: Oh.... yeah....

    This thread reminds me a lot of that conversation (except this time I get to be on the other end of the "you're talking without thinking" situation)
  15. #55  
    I think we've all made our argument.
    This thread has ran its course.

    <<closed>>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions