Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We are about to add our 5th line. Things with Sprint just keep getting worse.

First, they took away my discount on two of my lines. Then they downgraded my Premier status. Now they want to charge me an additional $10 per line if I activate a different phone!

On top of this, they never carried the Pre+, the Pre 2, or the Veer. So they have seemingly given up on WebOS. This is not the same Sprint that I signed up with a year ago. They used to carry the latest Palm devices, and they used to be very competitive on price.

I think Sprint is going to make it an easy decision when my contract runs out.
    super duper!
    Sprint has no clue and their going to get a big surprise when Pre 3's arrive on Verizon and ATT and they lose all those Pre- users waiting for the contracts to expire and have new options. Any good business model says...keep your customers and it is harder to gain customers then keep them. Why would Sprint intentionally shot themselves in the foot. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Sprint has no clue and their going to get a big surprise when Pre 3's arrive on Verizon and ATT and they lose all those Pre- users waiting for the contracts to expire and have new options. Any good business model says...keep your customers and it is harder to gain customers then keep them. Why would Sprint intentionally shot themselves in the foot. Sorli...
    I'd like to know just how many pre- users are out there that'll jump ship. While we may like to feel empowered and feel like there's going to be this mass exodus of pre- users, isn't the fact of the matter that we're this miniscule forgotten pool??
    i am a Pre- owner. as much as i like Sprint if they dont announce that they are getting the Pre 3 before it comes out on another carrier.

also if i dont hear about an arrival date by the end of June, i am looking at either Windows 7 or Android and add an app called Ichy Thumbs
    I love sprint, and I've been happy with them for several year. However, I'm in the same boat. The $10 and premier stuff I don't mind so much. I'm not happy about it, but they still have the best combination of rates and coverage for me.

The phones are a drag though. My fiance and I each have a Pre- running 2.1 (thank you webosinternals), and after a year and a half, they're on their last legs. I'll hold out for WebOS on sprint as long as these phones continue to function, but as soon as one dies completely, I'm done. As much as it pains me, I'll probably switch to ATT, which has the worst rates and coverage for me because my fiance desperately wants a Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    I already gearing up for the switch but can't decide on verizon or att.

Verizon is ahead in terms of innovation (lte) as att said they are 3 years ahead. Also, att is still trying to finalize the tmo merger. Remember they bought tmo for 39 billion and if the merger does not go through they will pay 6 billion to tmo. But the biggest + for verizon to me are the current constraints on att's network. AT&T cries 'Uncle,' admits iPhone just too much for it - National Technology | Examiner.com Guess that's why their data plans and caps suck.

Att on the other hand, has simultaneous voice and data for the soon to be released pre 3. They do have their so called 4g (3.5g) which bests verizon or sprint 3g. As of now tmo has the 2nd best plans/pricing to me next to sprint, hope att adopts their plans or make them better. Hope things will get better when they finalize the merger.
    I wonder which number will be greater: those that leave for a Veer or Pre 3 or those that have left in previous years for the iPhone?

For every webOS user Sprint loses, they probably gain ~5 new Android users.
    Last edited by barkerja; 06/08/2011 at 03:18 AM.
    Without having exact figures, I feel pretty confident saying that the number of people leaving Sprint because of the Pre 3 is not even in the same ballpark as the number of people that came to Sprint for the EVO.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I would agree with Syndil. I seriously doubt that Sprint will lose a significant number of customers due to the lack of a new Pre. People change services all the time and that is just business. As a consumer, you go where you can get the products/service that you want for a price that you are willing to pay.

Personally, as an original Pre owner, (still on my original pre), I am switching to the EVO 3D. Even if Sprint were to carry the Pre 3, I do not think I would get it unless they added a lot of features, that I like and did have with the Samsung phone I had prior to the Pre.

I will see what HP/WebOS does in a year or so. If they improve and make a better phone, I switch next year, if not, then I will keep what I have.
    but whatever you do, please be sure to send an email to dan@sprint.com stating why you are leaving. i, along with others on these forums, have spoke with reps from the executive office after sending an email, and have been told that they are hearing from a lot of webOS owners unhappy with the current situation and that they take it very seriously.

now whether or not that's true, i can't tell you. but, we've got nothing to lose anyway. if we all make it clear to Sprint that they are being left behind because they are not carrying webOS device, then it will help us all.
    I'm a Sprint pre day uno owner, if there's no Pre3 on Sprint network i will simply move to another handset/OS maker. I luv webOS but I'm not moving to another network just for Pre
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    EVO 3D release day is my last day of being a Pre- user. I'm a release day owner and just disappointed with how I've been treated as a customer, and the lack of apps. I want to play words with friends with all my iphone and android phone friends, is that really to much to ask for?
    Last edited by jhill000; 06/08/2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    In my opinion I don't think it would make sense to switch carriers over a phone. Even people who switched for the Evo or iphone. I mean if you really want a pre 2 why not just franken it? And as for the switching carriers thing, money might get too short for you one day (Hey we live in America. It could happen any day, they love to increase tax rates). But when you think about it there's the...

...1. Cancellation fee
    2. Joining fee (however the phone might not be a problem for purchase)
    3. Choosing your plan
    4. Activation fee (if any)

*sighs* this is probably going to be deleted...
    You're forgetting a few important details that apply to most people in my position.

Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    1. Cancellation fee
    My contract is almost up, and will probably be up before my phone or my fiance's phone dies.

2. Joining fee (however the phone might not be a problem for purchase)
    I've never paid one. Easiest thing in the world to avoid.

3. Choosing your plan
    We all know that, and we're not happy about it because for most of us, Sprint has the best deals. However, I've come to grips with that.

4. Activation fee (if any)
    Again, I've never paid one. The only cell phone related fee that's easier to avoid than an activation fee is the "joining fee" you mentioned, which is something I've only even heard of once or twice, and simply flatly refused.

*sighs* this is probably going to be deleted...
    Seems like a reasonable post, even if very deeply incorrect. Not sure why it would get deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    i really think sprint pre users are such a small percentage of sprint customers that sprint is not overly concerned about losing them. Many people are on sprint for the cost so moving to verizon or at&t's more expesive service is a nonstarter. So they'll stay no matter what an move to a different platform.

Also the Pre was not a blockbuster device. Rather the EVO was their big device that brought in all the customers and it, and android devices, have had a big positive effect on making Sprint profitable where as Pre's much much less so. So because of that i think Sprint will lean towards android phones and be happy about it. I mean they could still have the pre but i don't think they are going to take tons of risk with webos phones until they sell well. Like i think they'll have just enough stock that they can sell.

The other big rumor is a Sprint iphone which i think would really hurt future pre 3 phones. That said Pre 3 would have a few months head start if the iphone 5 doesn't come til fall. But point is I think iphone on sprint would be very attractive to most sprint users as it's similar form factor to the very popular EVO and well it's an iphone and they are very popular. Thus if Sprint thinks it's gonna get the iphone later i could see them not caring that much about losing a few pre users as they'll gain them back.

My hope is that at the least Sprint offers it for online purchasing. That way they'd have less risk buying handsets that would sit on shelves and not sell.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    If the AT&T deal to buy T-Mobile goes through, Sprint may not even be a choice in the future.

VZ has better coverage where I live,so I'll likely be moving to the Pre 3 on VZ.

Sprint Nextel Corporation Comm (NYSE: S )

Real Time $5.36

AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T )

Real Time $30.33

Verizon Communications Inc. Com (NYSE: VZ )

Real Time $35.92
    Quote Originally Posted by icmfal View Post
    I would agree with Syndil. I seriously doubt that Sprint will lose a significant number of customers due to the lack of a new Pre. People change services all the time and that is just business. As a consumer, you go where you can get the products/service that you want for a price that you are willing to pay.

Personally, as an original Pre owner, (still on my original pre), I am switching to the EVO 3D. Even if Sprint were to carry the Pre 3, I do not think I would get it unless they added a lot of features, that I like and did have with the Samsung phone I had prior to the Pre.

I will see what HP/WebOS does in a year or so. If they improve and make a better phone, I switch next year, if not, then I will keep what I have.
    Personally, l am on sprint only for data plan and evo--lution size. My pre plus is on Verizon. So the pre3 choice should not be a problem.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Just switched to att on monday The choice was simple for me. I have 5 lines and with sprint and my discount I was paying $195 a month ($225 a month after 3 of us upgrade our 2 pre's and pixie). We use a lot of mobile to any mobile minutes so I could only feesiblly go with att cause they have the any mobile minutes also and verizon is more expensive than att anyway. Anyways, att will be $205 a month for 5 lines. so we switched and 3 of our lines, myself included, decided to go iphone 4. Man, what a difference in not only having a fast phone where everything just works, but it works well! The camera is amazing, call quality great, and app selection is awesome. should of done this earlier. Sprint is tanking fast. I used to be with them because they were hands down cheaper than anyone out there...not anymore :/

****I have a Verizon Palm Pre 2 for sale in the market place!******

Ken
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'll give Sprint until Apple's usual fall / September iPod event. If I hear an iPhone is coming to Sprint in fall, I'll stick around (if some other WebOS device hasn't been announced before then). Otherwise, why should I stick with a carrier that has almost ALL Android phones (with the exception of their one WP7 phone)?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast