Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So.. After being with palm & sprint for the Past 6 years .. I finally did it...

I just couldn't take the waiting any more.. So now both my lines are off sprint and Now on At&t using 2 Palm Pre2's and I must say I am very Happy to finally be rid of the aging company that is sprint.

They are clearly in bed with the GooG & even if the pre3 comes to sprint I won't regret my decision.

HP will be bringing webOS products to At&t and vzw guaranteed .. So sprint here's the bill of divorce .. The first few years where fun but at last you have turned into the old nagging hag.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    why not Veer for 30 days and then switch back to pre 2?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Congrats, Sketch! Did you sign a contract or just go with existing equipment?
    I want to do the same thing...guess I'm just waiting for my balls to drop.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    So now both my lines are off sprint and Now on At&t using 2 Palm Pre2's
    What effect will this have on your monthly bill, if you know? Which data plan did you go with?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Let the tidal wave begin!
    Everyday going forward, there's a group of Pre - users whose contracts expire & are free to leave Sprint without any ETF's. I bet a lot of people will be making the switch away from Sprint as well.
    I did the same thing a couple weeks back. I am happy to be off Sprint. Just ready for AT&T to get the Pre 3.
    I'm on Sprint, but am trying a phone on AT&T from a friend right now. I don't know about other cities, but in the greater Chicago area here AT&T service is absolutely horrible. It's amazing how little of a signal I get and how many calls I drop. I'd love to be on GSM, but Sprint's service is so much better here that it isn't worth a carrier switch for me. Oh well...

Oh yeah...
    <<threads merged>>

9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    why not Veer for 30 days and then switch back to pre 2?
    Didn't need to spend the extra dough
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Congrats, Sketch! Did you sign a contract or just go with existing equipment?
    Signed contract and used existing equipment got money back for it
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    What effect will this have on your monthly bill, if you know? Which data plan did you go with?
    Same bill.. Actually $5 cheaper.. Sprint bundles suck + premium data

10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Oh yeah...
    threads merged...

But its by by sprint not by by palm =(

Didn't need to spend the extra dough Signed contract and used existing equipment got money back for it
    So you are locked in for 2 years? That's a lot of dropped calls. What I don't understand is if you signed a contract there is no upgrade available for you if/when AT&T gets new webOS hardware... or is that still available?
    DOH!! My bad! Sorry bud... that's what I get for trying to mess around in here instead of working at my desk.

<<thread un-merged>>
    Good luck Sketch, may be jumping ship in a couple months too if nothing comes down the pipe about new webOS products on Sprint.
    I did the same thing, and I was a >10 year customer! Kinda depressing, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    So you are locked in for 2 years? That's a lot of dropped calls. What I don't understand is if you signed a contract there is no upgrade available for you if/when AT&T gets new webOS hardware... or is that still available?
    I assume if he is using two Pre 2's, that means he got them unlocked from HP (or ebay, or somewhere) and not through AT&T; so he didn't have to sign a 2 year contract. So if he does want to get the Pre 3 subsidized, he can just sign up then for a 2 year contract.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I assume if he is using two Pre 2's, that means he got them unlocked from HP (or ebay, or somewhere) and not through AT&T; so he didn't have to sign a 2 year contract. So if he does want to get the Pre 3 subsidized, he can just sign up then for a 2 year contract.
    Yeah.. But I got money back bc I used my own phone.. New activation with a contract & not take a phone = big commission for the retailer.. So he gave me half that .. Which is more than enough for a pre3 when released

Where did you get the Pre2s and did you have to do anything "goffy" to make them work with AT&T?

ETA: you just answered my question!!!!
    This makes me sad.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Where did you get the Pre2s and did you have to do anything "goffy" to make them work with AT&T?

ETA: you just answered my question!!!!
    One was won in a contest and the other was from palms site... Nothing goofy.. Just pop sim in and go.. Oh and unsprintify the pre2's

One was won in a contest and the other was from palms site... Nothing goofy.. Just pop sim in and go.. Oh and unsprintify the pre2's

hahahha

what would need to be done to "unsprintify" them? Were they ever "sprintified" to begin with?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast