Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Its part of the unlimited texting not part of the plan.. As long as you have unlimited text you get it
    Yes but you're misunderstanding. There are two unlimited texting plans. One with any mobile - which is only applicable to 700 mins or greater and the unlimited texting plan w/o the any mobile thing.

If you switch from the 700 minute plan to the 550 minute plan, they will switch your unlimited messaging plan to the one w/o the any mobile feature. Here are the AT&T messaging plans.

Get Started - Wireless from AT&T

If you switch from 700 to 550, your messaging plan will be automatically switched from "Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling" to "Family Messaging Unlimited". The latter being without the any mobile calling feature.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Its part of the unlimited texting not part of the plan.. As long as you have unlimited text you get it

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    mu7efcer is right, the reason I didn't find it before is because the unlimited messaging with unlimited calling isn't an option for the 550 plan. They have unlimited messaging but it doesn't include the calling. If they'll let you downgrade and keep your messaging plan then you would be golden. But, atleast online, it doesn't look like you can start with the 550 plan and get unlimited calling.

This doesn't change the fact that you are still getting a good deal with the plan you have though. It just means you'll want to make sure you can keep your unlimited calling if you want to go down to the 550 plan.
    FWIW, I've been contemplating jumping to AT&T also. But I can't make the numbers work like you have. If I do an upgrade, I will of course, get the premium data fee and that will change things. Here's the numbers I've come up with.

AT&T
    $70 - 700 mins shared (2 lines)
    $50 - data 2 lines
    $30 - unlimited SMS + unlimited anymobile calling
    $150 - Total

Sprint
    $130 - 1500 mins shared (2 lines)
    $130 - Total

For me there are two things that really impact whether or not AT&T makes sense. First, if I get the premium data fee on sprint, then AT&T starts to get close to Sprint. But *only* if I get the unlimited anymobile thing. Because between my wife & I we use hardly any of our sprint plan minutes. We used about 300 last month. But we use thousands of minutes under any mobile anytime. If we suddenly lose that, then AT&T and Verizon get a *LOT* more expensive because we need a lot more minutes.

Additionally, I have to give up using the GPS on AT&T/Verizon. Something I currently use a lot on my sprint pre. Of course, I could buy a standalone GPS, but amortized over the length of the contract that just adds to AT&T/Verizon's cost.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 06/10/2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    FWIW, I've been contemplating jumping to AT&T also. But I can't make the numbers work like you have. If I do an upgrade, I will of course, get the premium data fee and that will change things. Here's the numbers I've come up with.

AT&T
    $70 - 700 mins shared (2 lines)
    $50 - data 2 lines
    $30 - unlimited SMS + unlimited anymobile calling
    $150 - Total

Sprint
    $130 - 1500 mins shared (2 lines)
    $130 - Total

For me there are two things that really impact whether or not AT&T makes sense. First, if I get the premium data fee on sprint, then AT&T starts to get close to Sprint. But *only* if I get the unlimited anymobile thing. Because between my wife & I we use hardly any of our sprint plan minutes. We used about 300 last month. But we use thousands of minutes under any mobile anytime. If we suddenly lose that, then AT&T and Verizon get a *LOT* more expensive because we need a lot more minutes.

Additionally, I have to give up using the GPS on AT&T/Verizon. Something I currently use a lot on my sprint pre. Of course, I could buy a standalone GPS, but amortized over the length of the contract that just adds to AT&T/Verizon's cost.
    Ndrive

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I just switched as well. I think once you use a Pre 2 or Veer it's hard not to switch. I do pay a bit more - we are a 3 WebOS device family - I ended up getting good deals on all phones; for example i got a new Veer for $35 on Craigslist so we're all off contract. If anything happens with Sprint I Could sell the phones and switch back - I don't enjoy spending extra money each month but I really didn't enjoy the frustration of My Pre minus each and everyday.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123