Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wait, so if I switch to AT&T now... and use my Pre 2's, they will give me money back? Was it enough to cover a Sprint ETF? >.>.

Also: This means you're not eligible for new contract/upgrade pricing on the Pre 3 right?

Sorry to be so specific, but i'm literally seconds away from signing a new contract with AT&T and ditching Sprint...
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    If you don't sign a contract then you're always eligible for the subsidized price.
    I mean if you sign a contract but don't get a device from them... just a SIM card to use on your current unlocked device... are you still eligible?
    I also went to AT&T and played with the Veer... awesome. But the prices for plan I was given were just ridiculous. May I ask what you are going to pay for two lines? I am on Sprint with two lines, Everything Data, and pay 120 a month. AT&T quoted me 180 a month for 700 minutes, unlimited texting, 2GB data on both lines... I couldn't believe the difference... That's a month's rent over the course of a year. Add to that the fact that the data is way below what I usually use each month, so I'd look at overage charges.
    Instead I switched to a Nexus S for two weeks. Ick. Android is a clunky drunk on caffiene. Cool apps that we cant get on webOS, but the stock OS is ugly and half baked. Can you believe that the email app has no search feature???
    I'm still hoping Sprint gets the 3... or maybe at least the iPhone5, which, after yesterday's conference, is a superior choice to Android.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    hahahha

what would need to be done to "unsprintify" them? Were they ever "sprintified" to begin with?
    Yea.. They where.. Just put GSM comm boards back and dr with regular pre2 doctor..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Wait, so if I switch to AT&T now... and use my Pre 2's, they will give me money back? Was it enough to cover a Sprint ETF? >.>.

Also: This means you're not eligible for new contract/upgrade pricing on the Pre 3 right?

Sorry to be so specific, but i'm literally seconds away from signing a new contract with AT&T and ditching Sprint...
    Nah.. This was a deal the retailer I went to offered me.. Not att themselves

7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I also went to AT&T and played with the Veer... awesome. But the prices for plan I was given were just ridiculous. May I ask what you are going to pay for two lines? I am on Sprint with two lines, Everything Data, and pay 120 a month. AT&T quoted me 180 a month for 700 minutes, unlimited texting, 2GB data on both lines... I couldn't believe the difference... That's a month's rent over the course of a year. Add to that the fact that the data is way below what I usually use each month, so I'd look at overage charges.
    Instead I switched to a Nexus S for two weeks. Ick. Android is a clunky drunk on caffiene. Cool apps that we cant get on webOS, but the stock OS is ugly and half baked. Can you believe that the email app has no search feature???
    I'm still hoping Sprint gets the 3... or maybe at least the iPhone5, which, after yesterday's conference, is a superior choice to Android.
    ATT
    700 min plan
    Primary Line = 60
    Secondary Line= 10
    Unlmtd Mess= 30 (includes Unlimited calling any cell)
    2GB Data x2= 50

(every additional smartphone is $10 plus $15 OR $25 data OPTION) .. Every additional regular line only 10 more)

Total = 150

ATT
    1400 min plan
    Primary Line = 80
    Secondary Line= 10
    Unlmtd Mess= 30 (includes Unlimited calling any cell) plus 10 free Landline Unlimited
    2GB Data x2= 50

(every additional smartphone is $10 plus $15 OR $25 data OPTION) .. Every additional regular line only 10 more)

Total = 170

Sprint
    1500 Everything Data $130
    Premium Data x 2 = 20

(every additional smartphone is $20 plus $10 premium Data.. Every additional regular line only 20 more)

Total = 150

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I think someone is putting the numbers together wrong.
    Look at the prices sketch posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'm on Sprint, but am trying a phone on AT&T from a friend right now. I don't know about other cities, but in the greater Chicago area here AT&T service is absolutely horrible. It's amazing how little of a signal I get and how many calls I drop. I'd love to be on GSM, but Sprint's service is so much better here that it isn't worth a carrier switch for me. Oh well...

Oh yeah...
    ATT has been great for me for years.
    Sprint is definitely cheaper, but in this case, you get what you pay for. I've been on AT&T for a little while now (from Sprint) and the data is faster than "4G" on Sprint and coverage is better. I also have the flexibility to use any GSM 3G or HSPA+ "4G" handset that I want -- so I have more choice on AT&T.

Beyond that, I don't have to pay for "premium data surcharges" and other little nicks that Sprint sneaks in to decrease the pricing gap.

YMMV, but overall, it seems AT&T has improved its network. And of course, the upside is that all the new webOS stuff will be GSM first -- including Veer, 3G TouchPad, and Pre3.
    Coverage and prices do vary for each market. Some markets can have aggressive prices while others you're paying through the nose. My area ATT and Verizon would be twice as much as Sprint The thing that will kill me when migrating off Sprint is data usage for I do use ALOT of data, let's just say its way over 2GB on my Pre and Pre2 on Sprint.

If the ever-so likelyhood of Sprint not getting the Pre3 happens, I would more likely choose Verizon for I cannot stand the buzzing over speakers GSM phones make.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Good information sketch - thanks. With 4 Sprint Pre's in my family, I will have to make a decision once the Pre3 carriers are announced (I'm assuming Sprint will pass on webOS).

I just need to find out how well AT&T works here in my part of Ohio.
    Got my Veer on launch day and expected it to be going back inside 30 days ... I just bought it to try it out for a few weeks. But I've been so enamored with it (and so happy to be back on webOS), and I'm so doubtful that Sprint will get the Pre3, that I'm thinking in 5 days it will be Sprint, and not AT&T, who gets the boot.

Very sad, because I'm on a legacy employee plan and I've had Sprint for most of the past ten years. I really do find them to be the best for my needs, but I go where webOS goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    ATT
    700 min plan
    Primary Line = 60
    Secondary Line= 10
    Unlmtd Mess= 30 (includes Unlimited calling any cell)
    2GB Data x2= 50

I'm curious about the unlimited calling part, I built a plan online and didn't see anything about that. But if it is the case then why not go with the 550 min plan and take your bill down another $10 per month?
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    I'm curious about the unlimited calling part, I built a plan online and didn't see anything about that. But if it is the case then why not go with the 550 min plan and take your bill down another $10 per month?
    And THAT is exactly sprints problem.. They only offer 2 plans for Family's

1500 as I priced above or 3000 minutes priced at 170 per month

Sprint plans also offer unlimited calling to any cell but I didn't list it because it makes no difference you can't go lower than 1500 ..

On sprint because of Unlimited calling between any cell we did a grand total of 600 min on avg. Non cell calls.. So 1500 minutes where over kill .. Plus my wife uses MUCH less data than I.. So

I took the 700 min deal.. But plan to go lower after a month to 550 so I can start off with some rollover minutes.. & I'll be at 140 with only 10 per additional line instead of 150 with sprint at 20 per additional line.. Or if I choose a smartphone for the 3rd line I can be at $25 per additional line as opposed to sprint 30..

I'm looking at switching carriers also. I've been with Sprint for 9 years and the service was great in the Dallas area. Their service where I live now is not nearly as good as AT&T.

So AT&T has better service in my area and the price will be slightly cheaper than Sprint due to Sprint's premium data charges. My wife and I use very few minutes per month so 700 is more than enough for us. I'm not worried about the 2GB data. Most of our data usage is wifi. Also, I like the fact that I could switch phones easily if I wanted.

Now to just wait on the Pre 3 to be released on AT&T and I'll make the switch. Although I'm a little tempted by the Veer, in the end its the Pre 3 I want. Eh, we'll see.
    And THAT is exactly sprints problem.. They only offer 2 plans for Family's

1500 as I priced above or 3000 minutes priced at 170 per month

Sprint plans also offer unlimited calling to any cell but I didn't list it because it makes no difference you can't go lower than 1500 ..

On sprint because of Unlimited calling between any cell we did a grand total of 600 min on avg. Non cell calls.. So 1500 minutes where over kill .. Plus my wife uses MUCH less data than I.. So

I took the 700 min deal.. But plan to go lower after a month to 550 so I can start off with some rollover minutes.. & I'll be at 140 with only 10 per additional line instead of 150 with sprint at 20 per additional line.. Or if I choose a smartphone for the 3rd line I can be at $25 per additional line as opposed to sprint 30..

what I was wondering was where did you see the unlimited calling for at&t? I saw they had listed that you have unlimited mobile to mobile between at&t customers, but not to any cell (ex. unlimited at&t to sprint calls). I went into the details of the unlimited family texting but didn't see it there either. It would make a big difference for me because I don't know many ppl on at&t.
    Sprint
    1500 Everything Data $130
    Premium Data x 2 = 20
    You had premium data on sprint with a webos phone? Why? I have a sprint pre2, my son a pixi. We don't pay premium data fee.

Also, BTW, when you switch down to the AT&T 550 plan, you'll lose unlimited to any mobile thing. That is only available for 700 min shared plans and up.
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 06/10/2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    what I was wondering was where did you see the unlimited calling for at&t? I saw they had listed that you have unlimited mobile to mobile between at&t customers, but not to any cell (ex. unlimited at&t to sprint calls). I went into the details of the unlimited family texting but didn't see it there either. It would make a big difference for me because I don't know many ppl on at&t.
    http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/pla...ging-plans.jsp

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    You had premium data on sprint with a webos phone? Why? I have a sprint pre2, my son a pixi. We don't pay premium data fee.

Also, BTW, when you switch down to the AT&T 550 plan, you'll lose unlimited to any mobile thing. That is only available for 700 min shared plans and up.
    Its part of the unlimited texting not part of the plan.. As long as you have unlimited text you get it
    Edit: you are right..
    Available on $39.99 and higher Nation plans and $69.99 and higher FamilyTalk plans

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast