1.    #1  

When I looked to see how much of an Upgrade Discount I had on my account, I noticed that I have a $150 discount on my Airave line. I called and confirmed this with different Sprint reps. I just got the Airave not to long ago, so it's odd that I have this amount of a discount on that line, when my main line only has a $75 Upgrade Discount right now, or $150 in 3 months. But one of the reps said that I might lose the Airave if I use the $150 Upgrade Discount. While another rep said that they could activate a new phone on my main line, without losing the Airave. The rep who said that placed notes on my account saying that this is the case.

So firstly, does anyone else have a $150 Upgrade Discount on their Airava line? Secondly, do you think I would lose the Airave if I use the $150 Upgrade Discount to buy a new phone?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Heh, my new Airave line has the $150 discount as well. I'm guessing it's a error, and they probably won't honor it.
    I see pandas.
  3.    #3  
    Okay, I finally got a hold of a rep that completely understood what I was asking. A customer can't use the $150 Airave upgrade discount, because there is no contract on the Airave line. So that credit can not be used. I'm glad I didn't try and use it.

That rep is not correct. I went to Best Buy and got the Evo last year in July with the airave $150 credit. Just need a person who knows what they are doing. It most likely will kill your Airave temporarily, but all you gotta do is call Sprint back later that night after getting your new phone and tell them the MAC ID of the Airave. Then they will set up the airave back onto your account like nothing ever happened but your upgrade will then be gone obviously. Hope this helped!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    That rep is not correct. I went to Best Buy and got the Evo last year in July with the airave $150 credit. Just need a person who knows what they are doing. It most likely will kill your Airave temporarily, but all you gotta do is call Sprint back later that night after getting your new phone and tell them the MAC ID of the Airave. Then they will set up the airave back onto your account like nothing ever happened but your upgrade will then be gone obviously. Hope this helped!
    Absolutely CORRECT. I just got my wife a new phone yesterday. Her full $150 discount wouldn't take effect until 7/1. So, the rep switched the discount for the Airave to my wife's phone. She got a new phone (which she really needed) right away. It does take someone who knows what they are doing so they don't mess up your Airave. Mine is working fine.

I would find a corporate store near you, and try it there. It's hit or miss on the phone. Getting someone who knew what they were doing at Best Buy was an amazing stroke of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Absolutely CORRECT. I just got my wife a new phone yesterday. Her full $150 discount wouldn't take effect until 7/1. So, the rep switched the discount for the Airave to my wife's phone. She got a new phone (which she really needed) right away. It does take someone who knows what they are doing so they don't mess up your Airave. Mine is working fine.

I would find a corporate store near you, and try it there. It's hit or miss on the phone. Getting someone who knew what they were doing at Best Buy was an amazing stroke of luck.
    About 3/4 of the Best Buy Mobile employees at my local Best Buy have been there at least 2 years. So it's nice I have a above average IQ location near me. I just pre ordered the Evo 3D and plan on using another Airave $150 credit for that phone. We got the newer Airvana Airave sent to us and when they applied it to our account another full discount appeared on the line lol. Sprint is really shooting themselves in the foot with giving out free Airaves and then letting people get full discounts on phones. O well their loss is our gain!
  7.    #7  
    About 3/4 of the Best Buy Mobile employees at my local Best Buy have been there at least 2 years. So it's nice I have a above average IQ location near me. I just pre ordered the Evo 3D and plan on using another Airave $150 credit for that phone. We got the newer Airvana Airave sent to us and when they applied it to our account another full discount appeared on the line lol. Sprint is really shooting themselves in the foot with giving out free Airaves and then letting people get full discounts on phones. O well their loss is our gain!
    Are you people sure that you can use the $150 credit coming from the Airave? I'm still not going to risk it. I was told though that because the Airave has no contract, that any credit would not be issued. How did you get away with using the credit, but not losing your Airave?

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Are you people sure that you can use the $150 credit coming from the Airave? I'm still not going to risk it. I was told though that because the Airave has no contract, that any credit would not be issued. How did you get away with using the credit, but not losing your Airave?
    Any retailers cell phone system like Best Buy or Radioshack sees that airave line as just a regular line with a $150 discount. They put your new phone on the airave line temporarily, then they switch the new phone to your current number. They write down the Mac ID of the Airave before doing any of this and put it back on its original number for the last step. If you get home and your Airave is not working properly just call Sprint and have them troubleshoot it with you. They are not going to take the device away from you or refuse to offer free service anymore. This is from what I have experienced in the past among many others.
  9.    #9  
    Any retailers cell phone system like Best Buy or Radioshack sees that airave line as just a regular line with a $150 discount. They put your new phone on the airave line temporarily, then they switch the new phone to your current number. They write down the Mac ID of the Airave before doing any of this and put it back on its original number for the last step. If you get home and your Airave is not working properly just call Sprint and have them troubleshoot it with you. They are not going to take the device away from you or refuse to offer free service anymore. This is from what I have experienced in the past among many others.

I wouldn't be able to upgrade my phone through Best Buy or any other retailer, because I have a Sprint $59.99 Sero plan. If I were to upgrade through Best Buy, I would lose my Sero plan. They would make me change to the $69.99 plan. So I can only upgrade through Sprint. It would be cool if I could use the $150 discount, but if I tried to use it through Sprint, they would most likely not honor it. Thanks for the tips though! I really do appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I wouldn't be able to upgrade my phone through Best Buy or any other retailer, because I have a Sprint $59.99 Sero plan. If I were to upgrade through Best Buy, I would lose my Sero plan. They would make me change to the $69.99 plan. So I can only upgrade through Sprint. It would be cool if I could use the $150 discount, but if I tried to use it through Sprint, they would most likely not honor it. Thanks for the tips though! I really do appreciate it!
    What have you got to lose though by just going to a local Sprint retail store and see what they can do for you? To hell with the people on the phone who don't know what they are talking about half the time. Just go out there and see if they can work the magic for you. I have already read in other forums about people doing it at Sprint corp stores. Good luck man!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    This is a more accurate description of what they did for my wife. If you're concerned, go to a corporate store.