1.    #1  
    Any advice on activating my old phone (VZW LG Voyager) while I wait for my replacement Pre+?

I tried *228 and it doesn't want to work. I don't have another phone to call from other than my wife's and she is at work. Would like to get it set up tonight so I have something until Wednesday!
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    Any advice on activating my old phone (VZW LG Voyager) while I wait for my replacement Pre+?

I tried *228 and it doesn't want to work. I don't have another phone to call from other than my wife's and she is at work. Would like to get it set up tonight so I have something until Wednesday!
    If it has ever been activated to your phone number on VZW, you should be able to turn off your Pre and then call *228 from the temporary phone. I do this all the time as I switch back and forth between my Pre+ and my Pre2.

There is also a link on verizonwireless for activating a handset. That hasn't been cooperating for me lately, but it is supposed to work. If those two options fail... then call VZW customer service. It's 866.894.6848
  3.    #3  
    I tried *228 and had no luck. (it was the same number before)

Question about the online activation. Since this is a feature phone and the Pre+ is a smart phone it wants to change my plan. It also says something about changing my upgrade schedule which would really stink since I'm up at the end of summer (hopefully in line with the Pre3).

Do you think I would be okay to just activate it online? I'm guessing this won't change my upgrade but I would hate to be wrong.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by iowahawk19 View Post
    I tried *228 and had no luck. (it was the same number before)

Question about the online activation. Since this is a feature phone and the Pre+ is a smart phone it wants to change my plan. It also says something about changing my upgrade schedule which would really stink since I'm up at the end of summer (hopefully in line with the Pre3).

Do you think I would be okay to just activate it online? I'm guessing this won't change my upgrade but I would hate to be wrong.

Thanks!
    If you read closely it's probably saying it "might" change your upgrade date - which shouldn't happen. But if you have any doubts, call that phone number and have them do it. They won't charge you, and I think that you get the best service in the business from the VZW customer service reps... Make sure your Pre is fully backed up to your profile and your PC, and then turn it off. Then call VZW and you will be rolling in 10 minutes or less.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Cantaffordit,

I'm off and running. Can't wait to get my Pre!
    If you have the chance to grab a Pre2, I highly recommend it. The difference is huge!