Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had a similar experience recently. Same basic problem (cracked USB port), same basic store results, different final results though.

I first noticed the USB crack about 5 weeks ago, and just waited it out. Two weeks ago, it finally crept into the screen, so I knew it was going to go soon. Took it to the store near my work, and the guy that checked me in said they're not likely to do anything because it was "cosmetic". The tech that looked it said it was not just cosmetic, it was going to affect the device, but that it was "user damage". I protested, told them that was nonsense, that it was a known error, and angrily left the store (I didn't stay and argue, because frankly I had an ace up my sleeve.)

I called a tech that I know at a different store about 15 miles away, and he said it was a known design defect, to bring it buy, and he'd swap it out.

Funny thing is, the next day after that, the original store called me, and told me they had a replacement in stock at the store for me, of course, now I didn't need it.

You did the right thing, don't be surprised if they offer you a recourse.
    I to am probably making the switch to att. Mainly because they will for sure get the pre 3 and we actually get coverage at our house. With sprint we only get decent coverage in the living room but we have stayed with them because there prices were good and the any mobile any time. Well with my 3 lines being upgraded it will raise my bill $30 a month and now att offers any mobile any time and has roll over minutes it actually is a few dollars cheaper. Plus for my area the pre 3 will be hspa+ which is in our area and sprints 4g isn't here....seems like a no brainer

ken
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    ... The tech came out and basically said to go home and do a full doctor to remove the traces of rooting and unlocking, and turn Dev mode off so he can do a swap without Palm being noisy about warranty issues. He clearly is a webOS fan and was quite open about his using of Preware and overclocking too. He then asked if I had used 2.1 as 5 Pres came in bricked by ppl who tried installing it that very day. I didn't even know 5 of us had Pres in Vegas heh. He also showed me on his Evo an email about Pre 3 being tested by them.
    I live in Vegas also. Care to share which store has a webOS aware tech?

PM if you like.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I was at the Sprint store in Columbus on Friday activating a used pre for my son. I was surprised at how good the customer service was! Josh took care of activating the phone, I mentioned that my pre keyboard had just quit working. He took it in the back, they couldn't fix it and ordered me a new one to arrive today. He said they usually have one in stock (which surprised me) but had obviously had exchanged it recently.

I was expecting pressure to upgrade to Android, but there was none. I had insurance and they did what they could for me. Trust me, it didn't use to be like this! Nice Job!

Now, if I could just get service in my house!

While they were working on my phone, I walked across the street to the ATT store to look at the Veer. I asked the rep where it was, and he pointed to it. Uncharged and unplugged. I mentioned that it was small. He said that was the only thing good about it and walked away. What a ****! Looks like Sprint may have a chance at keeping me, after all.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    hell, $5 - $10 more a month isn't that big of a deal to me[/QUOTE]

Yep, and that is exactly what the Sprint Brass wants to hear........ on another note feel free to pick up my mobile plan cost... ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Enjoy it!
    beastie boys right?
    I'm sticking with sprint due work discounts and service isnt bad for me in my area. I did play with the veer at an at&t store and thought it was awesome.... solid.... quick and snappy! I currrently use a pixi - and could see myself using a veer but I'm just not interested in leaving sprint even though it appears that means leaving webos. I hope I'm wrong but with new evo coming on june 24th my hopes that sprint is going to get pre3 soon or ever is almost entirely gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    beastie boys right?
    The idiom has existed in the English language at least since 1530, so I wouldn't give the Beastie Boys credit for it.

Re: Jump out of the frying pan into the fire
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    The idiom has existed in the English language at least since 1530, so I wouldn't give the Beastie Boys credit for it.

Re: Jump out of the frying pan into the fire
    so you were referencing Charles Earle Funk and not thanks for clarifying.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Enjoy your no Unlimited data plans.
    *shrug* I just switched from Sprint to a VZW Pre2 a couple weeks ago and I got an unlimited data plan...
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakb View Post
    hell, $5 - $10 more a month isn't that big of a deal to me
    Yep, and that is exactly what the Sprint Brass wants to hear........ on another note feel free to pick up my mobile plan cost... ;-)[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the second you update to any new smartphone on Sprint you will be charged an extra $10 a month even if the phone doesn't support 4g (or, like me, there is no 4g deployment in your area).
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm thinkin of movin from Sprint when the Pre3 is available on Verizon.

That way I wont be getting dropped calls inside my house.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm thinkin of movin from Sprint when the Pre3 is available on Verizon.

That way I wont be getting dropped calls inside my house.
    Sprint was not great inside my house, but I've discovered that ATT is worse. I am also waiting for the Pre 3 to land at Verizon.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I switched to at&t for the veer. I feel that it was a decent decision. It is more expensive, even when you account for the $10 surcharge Sprint is now placing on each smartphone subscriber, but it's faster and the Veer is really that nice. Plus you can get some interesting options like voicemail to SMS without involving a 3rd party and a bunch of advanced voicemail features, you can get an international text messaging package, talk and web at same time. All in all, I am pretty happy with the switch. coverage is on par for me. Lastly, if you pay out the **** (what what?) you can get blessed wifi tethering. which is nice if you don't like to preware-ify your phone.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12