Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well another Sprint event that does not have HP\Palm associated with it. Looks like Sprint and Motorola is having their own event on June 9th! My hopes are dwindling of seeing a first run Pre 3 launch on Sprint. Now with that being said, At&t did not have a launch event for the Veer, and everyone knows what a success that has been. Not losing hope just yet! What are your thoughts?
    Sprint would not have an event for the Pre 3. Most phones never get a special event at least on this type of level.
    I'm sure the manufacture has something to do with the event as well. I hope HP throws an event for each network for a big webOS rebirth once all three products are out. I see this being the biggest way to show off both phones and how they work with the TP.
    im hopefull that something will be coming our way, y would they forget about they're most loyal fans sticking it out since day one... i dont think its over what so ever
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Remember last time they did one of these it was for the Kyocera Echo and everyone went Of course even if they did launch some new super Moto Android phone it wouldn't stop them from also releasing the Pre 3

I'm not optimistic about Sprint picking up WebOS again anytime soon. They took a big hit on the unsuccessful launch of the Palm Pre. Not to mention all the time their stores have had to spend on Pre repairs and exchanges from its poor build quality. I'm on number six myself. Sprint might be webOs weary. I certainly hope no because I don't want to leave the Now Network.
    Last edited by Mikest; 05/25/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    Only phones as awesome and useful as the Kyocera Echo get a special event from Sprint.

What, you don't think the Echo is useful and has been a roaring success? Get outta here!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Don't underestimate the power of HP. Hey are considerably larger than Sprint, Motorola, RIM, and many of the other players. Owning both the hardware and WebOS gives HP control that rivals Apple. BTW, HP is bigger than Apple. I expect to HP dominate the business market with the Pre 3 and the Touchpad that will obliterate RIM and challenge Apple.
    As far as I know Motorola is tiny in comparison to HP. HP does things the way Apple does it, they announce it themselves because they're too cool.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    There's always the scenario that Sprint does a "soft launch" of the Pre3. That would appease the relative few of us Sprint/webOS fans without drawing the attention (and supposed "risk") of a high-profile launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    At&t did not have a launch event for the Veer, and everyone knows what a success that has been.
    I feel like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory -- is this sarcasm?
    My wife is still on her Pre from July 09 (although it has chunks missing from it) and I replaced my Pre once. We had to have saved Sprint a little money in order to sell the Pre 3 right?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    While the Pre3 is exactly the phone I want next, I don't think it's super enough to warrant a special event. Even though the echo was a fail device, it was unique enough for Sprint to think that it was special. This Moto device may be similar. I could maybe see something for the touchpad, except it seems Sprint only holds these events for unannounced devices. The special event IS the announcement and no one knows what the event is actually for until it's held.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Along similar lines, Sprint still REALLY pushing android. I got this text message today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...-05_145813.png

Hope we hear something from HP soon about carriers, cause the evo 3d is tempting.
    Who cares? No one! I care as much as I did for the Echo & Sprint announcement. I'm on ATT. Maybe some of you Sprint people should stop caring about Sprint so much. Move to a real carrier if you keep getting nervous everytime Sprint doesn't do a announcement with HP.

And believe me, if HP wanted their webOS stuff on Sprint it would be there. It aint Sprint's decision. HP is concentrating on ATT & Verizon at this point. You Sprint people will get your chance. For now, simmer down & let the big boys eat.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    It's completely sprint's decision if they will carry the phone or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Who cares? No one! I care as much as I did for the Echo & Sprint announcement. I'm on ATT. Maybe some of you Sprint people should stop caring about Sprint so much. Move to a real carrier if you keep getting nervous everytime Sprint doesn't do a announcement with HP.

And believe me, if HP wanted their webOS stuff on Sprint it would be there. It aint Sprint's decision. HP is concentrating on ATT & Verizon at this point. You Sprint people will get your chance. For now, simmer down & let the big boys eat.

Uhhh I don't think that's accurate. It's completely up to Sprint whether they carry specific CDMA compatible devices or not. There are two parts to the equation, hardware and service. The hardware clearly exists, but the service provider has to support it and allow it on its network. So if Sprint's not carrying the Pre3, it's likely Sprint's fault.

One caveat to the rule is exclusivity agreements with hardware manufacturers which is clearly not the case here as both AT&T and Verizon versions have passed through the FCC.
    Completely incorrect. The carriers subsidize the phones price, the carriers are the first that get the hardware and software related calls. I would say the vast majority of cell customers don't know where there phone comes from or who to contact other than the carrier (excluding iPhone, but Apple is pretty obvious, and I know iPhone users still contact AT&T for support).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Thread close in 3...2...1... :/

I'm on AT&T too. This is the carrier that has become last for everything. Last to unblock Androids(and many are still blocked), no Bridge use for BB users, last to officially allow prepaid smartphone usage. Though they never really stopped you, they just never officially supported it. They finally got their heads out of their behinds and released a halfway decent prepaid data plan for smartphone usage. Even Verizon allowed a no contract smartphone deal first, though quite expensive. No, no, no officially from AT&T(though in store personnel can be pretty efficient in CS if they want to be). A "real" carrier maybe, lol! It is big, but yeah...

I also use Sprint for a second line. Better prices, decent speed data, no blockage ever on Androids, no outrageous tethering fees. Sprint has benefits over AT&T if you don't travel out of the US.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM_PAIN View Post
    Well another Sprint event that does not have HP\Palm associated with it. Looks like Sprint and Motorola is having their own event on June 9th! My hopes are dwindling of seeing a first run Pre 3 launch on Sprint. Now with that being said, At&t did not have a launch event for the Veer, and everyone knows what a success that has been. Not losing hope just yet! What are your thoughts?
    Technically summer ends in Sept. There may still be something mentioned in later June, July or August. If not, you may have to switch carriers(yeah I know ). AT&T and Verizon seem open to webOS amazingly. I would have actually thought these 2 carriers wouldn't have bothered since they have iOS and Android all over their phone portfolios now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast