1.    #1  
    Man things are looking grim. Word is they will launch a Tegra 2 Phone. I am sad and happy all at the same time. Pre3's future looks dim, but at least I wont have to pay for gimmicky 3d.

Sprint, Motorola holding event on June 9th, but for what? | This is my next...
    The evo 3d might just be trumped before it's even out, let alone poor pre who's been out done a month since the announcement.

I don't see sprint going back to WebOS until it proves itself as a player.

Then again Maybe sprint will release a new powerhouse every month at this rate!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  3.    #3  
    I miss webOS and the Nexus S screen is abysmal in the sun so I hope sprint surprises me.
    a newer version of the Atrix, the Evo 3D AND the Samsung Galaxy S II all coming to Sprint?

Poor Pre3
    Smartphones have finally caught up with computers in that an old phone doesn't necessarily mean an obsolete phone. Just as netbooks have reached a plateau as far as hardware specs go, so have smartphones. For example, as old as the EVO is, it's not a piece of crap. It's still quite a capable and desirable device. So all this hand-wringing over newer "better" devices overshadowing the Pre 3 is just silly. 3D is a gimmick, dockability is a gimmick, dual screens, dual cores, Nvidia GPUs... all gimmicks that no one really needs. And before someone goes spouting off about how we actually need dual-core CPUs and Nvidia GPUs...

Chainfire3D Brings Tegra Zone Games to Non-Tegra Android Phones

It's all marketing hype.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  6.    #6  
    Readability in the sun is not a gimmick and the pre- screen next to the Nexus S screen is just embarrassing for amoled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    a newer version of the Atrix, the Evo 3D AND the Samsung Galaxy S II all coming to Sprint?

Poor Pre3
    what do you mean "poor Pre3" ?

noone has even said that the Pre3 is going to be on sprint. you make it seem like these phones are going to directly compete with one another on the same carrier.

on another note... im starting to think more and more that sprint is going to be getting that webOS slab phone we saw earlier this year. and i really think they'll be releasing that sometime in the fall with their 7" webOS tablet.
    I have to disagree w Titan. The screen on my Nexus S is way better in the sun than me Pre ever was... That being said, the thing I miss most about Web OS is the cards and being able to switch back and forth... Android is taking some getting used to.

HP better get something going.... they are getting left in the dust in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    Readability in the sun is not a gimmick and the pre- screen next to the Nexus S screen is just embarrassing for amoled.
    Really is amoled that bad in sunlight? I thought amoled along with retina was king of screens. You're actually telling me Pre's got something better?
    Slap in the face to hpalm with the June 9 date...
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think he's saying that Sprint's lineup looks chock full of superphones so it would seem that they don't really have much need for a Pre 3.
    I was getting at if Sprint gets all 4 devices (New Moto, Evo3D, Galaxy 2, Pre 3) this summer that i see Sprint putting their advertising $$$ behind the 3 Android phones and leaving the Pre 3 out.

And i dont see many people walking into the store choosing a Pre3 over those phones with their superior screen technology.