1.    #1  
    I heard someone claim that Verizon was distributing 2.1 to a handful of test program customers with both Pre Plus and Pre 2 devices. I wanted to check if anyone else knew anything more solid about this before I tried calling CS and going through the that song and dance.
    where did you hear this?
    I hope this is real. I want 2.1 on my pre2.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    where did you hear this?
    Someone posted it in one of the threads on the Verizon community boards. Didn't give much detail, just said it was being released to test program customers and to try pushing on tier 2/3 of customer service to attempt to get information on it. Hence the "song and dance" comment. Wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything about it.
    When will Verizon allow WebOs 2.1 update happen??? - Page 2 - Verizon Wireless Community
    I think I will be giving them a call once I get off of work I will let you guys know what they.
    Calling them now, they are well aware of this beta program. A level 1 technician even told me the 2.1 update is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by pow12390 View Post
    Calling them now, they are well aware of this beta program. A level 1 technician even told me the 2.1 update is great.
    Is it limited to Pre2? And did you get them to let you in on the beta?
    Sweet. I meta-doctored my VZW Pre 2 to 2.1, but having an official update sounds better. Especially since I broke Flash somehow in the process. lol
    Bad news guys, the palm technician and his supervisor said that they do not have a testing program right now to get 2.1. They said it will be released very soon, I will try calling level 2 and 3 support for Verizon later tonight. Maybe it is something on their end?
  10.    #10  
    Did they meantion if they were only testing it on the Pre 2 or if the Pre Plus was included in that update?
    They did not confirm the update, although like I said the Verizon technician seemed to know about it and said that 2.1 was great. I'm going to try to contact 2/3 support as was mentioned in the Verizon community forums. Hopefully will have much better news to follow.
    No luck guys, level 2 and 3 had no idea about this. Guess it was a false alarm.