Good find. Posted it to my FB.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  2.    #3  
    Now if they'd just get the right phones...
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Now if they'd just get the right phones...
    They are not, that's why they are offering the money.
    Sprint's competing tool has always been about the Benjamins.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    wouldn't it be cheaper to do something to keep the customers they already have?
    I read about this last night. Basically they're just giving you $125 (or $175 if you're a business customer) towards your ETF with your current carrier, but you must sign a 2 year agreement for them to give you this money and I would bet Sprint will not also give you the 'new contract' pricing on your device when you do. Not sure about that last part but it makes sense.
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I read about this last night. Basically they're just giving you $125 (or $175 if you're a business customer) towards your ETF with your current carrier, but you must sign a 2 year agreement for them to give you this money and I would bet Sprint will not also give you the 'new contract' pricing on your device when you do. Not sure about that last part but it makes sense.
    Doesn't make sense to me. If they really expect new customers to pay full price for a smartphone, this deal sinks like a stone. Sure, a 2 year contract, but I'm guessing they'll offer the contract price. Otherwise this is no deal at all.
    Where's Howie Mandel when we need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    wouldn't it be cheaper to do something to keep the customers they already have?

Why change there is nothing price wise that competes with Sprint out there yet?

Is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    I'm quite sure you get both. The procedure is you buy the phone first, then port your number, then within 72 hrs of activating and porting, you apply for the credit. I referred a friend and his wife, and he actually knew about the credit before I did. I need to follow up and make sure he applied for the credit and got it.

Don't forget that right now the rebates are instant!

Port-in credit instructions

Edit: I confirmed all of this with someone from marketing.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 05/13/2011 at 01:37 PM.