1.    #1  
    heres a interview with the sprint product developer, it shows that sprint is really supporting GOOGLE when it comes to new products (as well all already assume) though they state they still take chances like the ECHO, and embrace all other OS's like WP7, but they want to make sure they differentiate from the other two carriers. Heres a line that stuck out to me, on how carriers agree to carring a device:

"I mean typically the way carriers pick a phone is you sit down with an OEM partner and you’d see a portfolio and do RFPs and get some kind of requirements out there. Then the OEMs would delver to you a model and then you’d evaluate it, and then at that point you’d agree on a price and a volume and some colors and things like that and get it out to market."

BGR Interview: Sprint’s VP of Product Development, Fared Adib | BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    heres a interview with the sprint product developer, it shows that sprint is really supporting GOOGLE when it comes to new products (as well all already assume) though they state they still take chances like the ECHO, and embrace all other OS's like WP7, but they want to make sure they differentiate from the other two carriers. Heres a line that stuck out to me, on how carriers agree to carring a device:

"I mean typically the way carriers pick a phone is you sit down with an OEM partner and you’d see a portfolio and do RFPs and get some kind of requirements out there. Then the OEMs would delver to you a model and then you’d evaluate it, and then at that point you’d agree on a price and a volume and some colors and things like that and get it out to market."

BGR Interview: Sprint’s VP of Product Development, Fared Adib | BGR
    Kyocera Echo. That's a definitely a gamble. If they picked up that joke of a phone, the probability of Sprint getting a new WebOS device is very good.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Kyocera Echo. That's a definitely a gamble. If they picked up that joke of a phone, the probability of Sprint getting a new WebOS device is very good.
    lol i know right, and hopefully this sheds some light at if sprint wants to so called gamble, then we all should have a webos device in our hands this summer on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The Kyocera Echo yet another android phone so no change from the android tunnel vision Sprint has right now.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I thought his response when asked about RIM was pretty encouraging:
    How is Sprint’s relationship with RIM?

You know, it’s great. RIM has been a great partner of ours, and we’ve got a lot of great partners by the way. Microsoft, for example, has been a partner of ours for 10-plus years. RIM has been a great partner of ours for the last 10 years. We also have a longstanding relationship with Palm / HP. We’ve got a lot of great partners in this space and I think RIM is one of those where we have always stood by them.
    BGR sure as heck wasn't going to mention HP/Palm, so it was nice to see Fared bring it up on his own.