1.    #1  

It used to be to get a dropped call credit from Sprint, you would just say "Dropped Call" at the main menu, but now it's hidden. Does anyone here know how to get a dropped call credit from Sprint, without having to speak with customer care?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

As one of their cost-cutting measures recently, they have dropped that program so you will have to speak to a rep and ***** till you get it. They are now trained to look at your history so repeat calls will get the credit denied. They got sick of people paying 40bucks getting more credit back than their bill was.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    LOL you get paid for every call that's dropped?
    And if your data connection fails, they fire someone?
    I wish I had dropped calls before the program ended. For data dropping they should fire an executive of board member for each time it happens for them taking cheap routes toward bandwidth in my area
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    why would you want a drop call credit? Sprint is basically giving you a great deal with great packages. You made my day with a very loud LMAO! I haven't heard of having a dropped call credit since the 1800s
    People still need dropped call credits on Sprint? Doesn't everyone essentially have unlimited minutes?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I use to do it 20 times a month to get my max of $10 per line HEHE
  7.    #7  
    I wanted to call in a few credits because my phone kept dropping calls in my home. The dropped calls act like a flag on the user's accounts. They let Sprint see where they should test the network. So if lots of dropped call credits were being called in for a set-area, then Sprint would have their techs check the network there. This is what I was told is done with dropped call credits. At least back when they were easy to get.

A Sprint tech told me that consumers messed up when they 'over use' the drop call credit. It was suppose to be used as a tool to see if they needed to beef up services in certain areas. But now since people are doing it to get $10 off there bill it hard for Sprint to pinpoint an area needed for upgrading.
  9.    #9  
    To request a Dropped Call Credit you dial *2, then 4, then 4 again, then 5, then 5 again; at each menu prompt. Do not abuse this service, Because Sprint will cancel your service if this system is abused. The entire purpose of the Dropped Call Credit is to let Sprint know that there might be a problem in your area service-wise. It's not really about getting credits. I would suggest that you only call in credits if you keep dropping calls in an area. 1 or 2 dropped calls here and there is normal.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Customers who found out about this abused the balls outta the service and at one point Sprint even started telling habitual callers thanks for your business now f off, and cancelled the accounts of the "problem" customers heh. I don't blame em really.
    I am losing my mind at an alarming rate . . . Actually, I'm not really alarmed at all.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by twiktor View Post
    Customers who found out about this abused the balls outta the service and at one point Sprint even started telling habitual callers thanks for your business now f off, and cancelled the accounts of the "problem" customers heh. I don't blame em really.

I don't blame Sprint either. I remember a user coming onto Sprintusers and complaining about how his service was shut off after he abused the Dropped Call Credits. He had a $30 per-month plan, with a loyaity discount on top of that, and was calling in $10 worth of Dropped Call Credits a month. He wasn't alone, a lot of people abused the service. But Sprint is no longer losing customers like they were a few years back. So they no longer need to put up with deadbeat customers anymore. So if a customer is going to abuse the credits every single month, then they will just have to deal with the aftermath.
    Last edited by the2ndflood; 05/09/2011 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheechmo#wn View Post
    People still need dropped call credits on Sprint? Doesn't everyone essentially have unlimited minutes?
    I'm sorry but for the amount of money I'm spending I shouldn't be getting dropped calls. I'm not worried about the minutes, I'm worried about the fact that I can't have a 5 minutes phone call without it dropping. And I especially do not appreciate waiting for 20 minutes on the phone with my cable carrier and the call dropping and now I have to call back and wait even longer. if I was paying a reasonable amount of money I would be a bit more lenient but if I'm paying an arm and a leg I expect good service.