1.    #1  
    Have you tried Sprint's new Google Voice integration? We know a lot of our readers have -- and many of them have had problems, writing in to us to express their displeasure. We started investigating and found a hoard of complaints, and the deeper we looked, the more issues we found. To make matters worse, Sprint has instructed its representatives to refer all Google Voice-related questions to the Google Voice Forum, which for reasons that frustrate us as much as you, Google itself seems to have forgotten exists. Join us for a full investigation into the issues, including voicemail security holes, accounts accidentally crippled by Sprint, and calls overseas that'll leave you swimming in usage fees.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/05/s...-major-lack-o/

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sounded like a bad idea when I first read it. Glad I missed stepping in that pile of.....stuff.
    It sounds like the only issues are with activating it and deactivating it. I'm sure some users are having issues, but for many (most?) of us, it's gone 100% smoothly.

Of course there were sure to be growing pains as this was rolled out, but do you see any other carriers doing something so drastic as this? This is a huge win for the consumer, as far as I'm concerned.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It sounds like the only issues are with activating it and deactivating it. I'm sure some users are having issues, but for many (most?) of us, it's gone 100% smoothly.

Of course there were sure to be growing pains as this was rolled out, but do you see any other carriers doing something so drastic as this? This is a huge win for the consumer, as far as I'm concerned.
    except when you call someone and they get access to your voicemail messages.. Can change its password, your greeting.. Or get phantom messages.. I'll hop on when its all fixed and comes to att

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    except when you call someone and they get access to your voicemail messages.. Can change its password, your greeting.. Or get phantom messages..
    Did you read the article? These issues are only occurring when deactivating GV and trying to go back to Sprint voicemail, because they have to do with the codes that get added or removed from your account in that process. Also, are there actually people who don't set a passcode for their voicemail? Anyone who gets access to your phone can do the same thing now, and all the carriers have had an option to protect your messages for a long time.
  6.    #6  
    did you?

some customers can't activate it altogether..
    regular and cru/iru discounted customers as wel

some customers that do "successfully" activate, or think they do , doesn't work 100%

and finally some customers after actually successfully activating if they changed their plan than they got screwed..

so it's not "just by customer deactivating"..

smh
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Also, are there actually people who don't set a passcode for their voicemail? Anyone who gets access to your phone can do the same thing now, and all the carriers have had an option to protect your messages for a long time.
    this tells me you rwally didn't read the whole article as the VM issue is one of Goog spoofing you sprint number and if activation isn't 100% successful like this guys was that spoof is still in place and since sprints VM thinks the receiver is calling from your Number is doesn't prompt for a pin.. Many users don't have their VM need their pin when calling from their cell
    The only issue I've had so far is someone tried to call me and it immediately went to voice-mail...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    this tells me you rwally didn't read the whole article as the VM issue is one of Goog spoofing you sprint number and if activation isn't 100% successful like this guys was that spoof is still in place and since sprints VM thinks the receiver is calling from your Number is doesn't prompt for a pin.. Many users don't have their VM need their pin when calling from their cell
    You can force it to prompt for a PIN even from your cell phone number, I had this enabled for years.

And yes, as I said above, the issues are with activating and deactivating. Either people can't get it activated at all, or they're having these sorts of issues with being caught in limbo when they're deactivating, based on the codes added to people's accounts during the process.