1.    #1  
    According to intomobile.com
    This will be rolling out sunday..

How will this new plan structure affect your Touchpad purchase?

http://www.intomobile.com/2011/05/03...devices-may-8/

3GB data for $34.99 (available on Galaxy Tab, Sierra Pro Overdrive, Novatel MiFi)
    5GB data for $49.99 (available on connection cards, USB modems, Galaxy Tab, and mobile hotspots)
    10GB data for $79.99 (available on all embedded devices)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I will be getting the WiFi version and using on either my home WiFi network OR tethering with my Pre using Free Tether... Same as I do on my iPad.

I honestly am only going to buy a wifi-only version. Everywhere I would ever need the TouchPad there is most likely wifi. These pricing plans for data are getting out of hand.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  4.    #4  
    Interesting.. I would be going for the 3G/4G variety

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Interesting.. I would be going for the 3G/4G variety

I would buy wifi only too BUT

Sprint pricing is CHEAPER for 3G and your 4G is still unlimited... just making sure you know that

so if the touchpad isnt Wimax 4G is $$$ but if it is wimax 4G then you can get the cheapest 3GB plan and enjoy unlimited 4G with 3G being capped at 3GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    I would buy wifi only too BUT

Sprint pricing is CHEAPER for 3G and your 4G is still unlimited... just making sure you know that

so if the touchpad isnt Wimax 4G is $$$ but if it is wimax 4G then you can get the cheapest 3GB plan and enjoy unlimited 4G with 3G being capped at 3GB
    That's good to know! I planned on getting the wifi only version, but maybe if it does come with Wimax I'll pick up that version instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by erasef301 View Post
    I will be getting the WiFi version and using on either my home WiFi network OR tethering with my Pre using Free Tether... Same as I do on my iPad.

I have an iPad 2 and do the exact same thing. I tether my pre with my iPad with Free Tether. This works great when I am out of the house. When I am at home I get blazing data speeds with my N Router Home Network. I will be doing the same when the TP is available.
    I've only ever thought of getting a wifi version of any tablet. If I do get the HP Touchpad, it still will be a wifi version only.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I've only ever thought of getting a wifi version of any tablet. If I do get the HP Touchpad, it still will be a wifi version only.
    That's my thought exactly, so Sprint can charge whatever they want for data on a tablet and it won't affect me.
    Assuming Sprint adopts this, wait I'm getting the wifi only and use MyTeather from my Pre2
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    What tablet/touchpad purchase? I honestly don't see/have any reason for a tablet, WebOS, Android, IOS, etc... Then again, I haven't used one, so maybe after I play with one I'll have a different opinion, who knows.