1.    #1  
    You can now with that extra ten dollars have data and voice at the same time. The sprint lady over the phone casually mentioned that when I activated my phone. Did you guys know this? Sprint really should explain these things better.
    she was right & wrong. Yes you can do voice & data when using 4G devices (Evo & Epic) in Sprint 4G coverage (very scattered) or using wifi on evdo capable devices (like Pre). So for Palm Pre you can't do voice & data at same time unless you are on wifi coverage area which is no thanks to Sprint $10 addition to their plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    You can now with that extra ten dollars have data and voice at the same time. The sprint lady over the phone casually mentioned that when I activated my phone. Did you guys know this? Sprint really should explain these things better.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Definitely a BS statement by the sprint lady

Ehsan is correct.

It is this kind of misinformation from sprint that really makes one wonder what Sprint will "say" to justify the $10 premium date fee. I look at it this way. Have an everything data plan but if you have a phone that uses it, you must pay an extra $10.

Better yet, include the fee up front and offer a discount for phones on your line that are less data hungry. At least then we could get into Gold status.

ArseHoles.

Sorry for the rant.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah voice and data at the same time only applies to 4g.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Originally the 10$ charge was more assiocated to 4G devices, but when the ECHO a 3G device was planned. Sprint came out publically and said all "non-feature" phones and changes in plans with current "non-feature" phones would be getting the 10$ addon charge. They deam it needed due to your ability to use devices such as the Palm Pre, Evo, and Epic with much higher data requirements. The 10$ charge also guaranteeing you the unlimited data that we are all used to seeing on Sprint.

All and all, for what you get sprint still ends up being cheaper then the rest. But that margin is closing soon. I had a friend that bought the EVO 4G recently, he sweared up and down that he wasn't going to pay the 10$ fee since he was being told so. I told him otherwise. And hes paying it. There is no way around it unless you have a "feature" device. IE; lil-ole-flippy with java heh.

I will be upgrading to the Nexus S 4G here this week, going to take a ride on the wave for a little bit while HP gets there apples in the basket if you know what I mean. So I will be taking the 10$ charge. At least 4G is finally available in my area unlike when they first started this 10$ charge it was not.

Sprint informed me if I decided to back out of the new phone I would be able to revert back to my non-10$ fee zone on the palm pre.

In the end, would you rather be required without a doubt to pay 109$ for your unlimited everything? Or pay 99$ if you got a "feature" phone.
  6.    #6  
    That's the thing I actually disabled WiFi on my phone and talked and search the web so I can do voice and data at the same time! Maybe older phones can't because cdma was limited but I confirmed sprint can do data and voice same time and Verizon is going to be fixing it and\or all ready has. :-D
    That's the thing I actually disabled WiFi on my phone and talked and search the web so I can do voice and data at the same time! Maybe older phones can't because cdma was limited but I confirmed sprint can do data and voice same time and Verizon is going to be fixing it and\or all ready has. :-D
    Please clarify. What device are you using? Are you using a 3G or 4G device?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Not possible. Period.

I proved it yesterday with my Sprint Pre-
    Dan
    They ought to stop assuming we have 4g android phones and their network has decent coverage. Can get both at once if you have 4G coverage which never works in buildings.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Please clarify. What device are you using? Are you using a 3G or 4G device?
    I am using the HTC Arrive. No 4G and WiFi is turned off. I didn't believe it myself until I tried it but it does work. But it doesn't work on my dads Samsung epic. So I am assuming its also hardware too.
  11.    #11  
    It seems my times where it works have been fluks! Because it no longer works. I can go to Google but that's it. Maybe its saved in my cache or something. Oh well lady lied lol
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I was able to talk while on the internet through wi-fi.....with a Pre - no less.....on sprint.....just put phone convo on speaker and went right on no problem....
    It seems my times where it works have been fluks! Because it no longer works. I can go to Google but that's it. Maybe its saved in my cache or something. Oh well lady lied lol