Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Saw this on webOS Roundup, sounds pretty good to me. Let's hope it turns out to be true.

RUMOR: New HP phone coming to Sprint this August as a 6-month exclusive | webOSroundup

So what do all you Sprint customers think, would you prefer this to the Pre 3?
    Before the haters show up, let me just say that I hope it's true. I prefer the physical keyboard, but if it's the only webOS device on Sprint then I'm there! Still hoping for the Pre3..
    I would like to have the Pre 3 but I could do with that rumor too.

As long as I get somethin for sprint, although I wish it would come out sooner than august.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    wow august. r u serious. Ive had this phone for ever now. come on.
  5.    #5  
    I definitely prefer the physical keyboard of the Pre 3. Since I plan on getting a touchpad I would want my phone to have a physical keyboard. It would be great if Sprint got the Pre 3 & this rumored phone; however I can see how a 4g webOS slab would make for a better flagship phone on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    So what do all you Sprint customers think, would you prefer this to the Pre 3?
    No.

But I still hope Sprint gets this phone, along with the Pre3. It's loking like I'll be heading to AT&T, though since they will likely have Veer and Pre3, which lines up with what my wife and I want. The nightmare scenario is no single carrier having both phones.
    It's good to hear about WebOS and Sprint, but I have no interest in a slab phone with no physical keyboard. The Pre 3 is exactly what I wanted, but it's really starting to look like I'm not going to get it, at least not in the near future. I'm just going to have to stick with my FrankenPre2.

-Skippy
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I don't think they should be doing exclusives, unless they do the Galaxy way & release slightly different versions on each carrier. Regardless, I'd be VERY happy if it was the 4"+ slate phone we saw the blurry cam of earlier. Unlike a lot of people here, that's the phone that I've wanted for over a year now. I'm getting the Nexus S 4G in less than two weeks, but if this pans out, I may sell it & get this! Hopefully it'll compete with the specs, processor, RAM, screen resolution & size, etc... of other phones coming out this summer.
    No Sprint webOs world phone? No thank you. We need a phone we can use in the US *and* the rest of the world. CDMA + WiMax or LTE doesn't cut it today. Maybe in 5 or 10 years, but not today. We need CDMA/EVDO + GSM/HSPA+ now.

Now if that phone is WiMax/LTE *and* CDMA + GSM, then fine. But no GSM, and that thing is a brick in the rest of the world.
    think I'd prefer Pre 3 but I'll Give this a go if it actually lands.

Quote Originally Posted by McRoth View Post
    I don't think they should be doing exclusives, unless they do the Galaxy way & release slightly different versions on each carrier. Regardless, I'd be VERY happy if it was the 4"+ slate phone we saw the blurry cam of earlier. Unlike a lot of people here, that's the phone that I've wanted for over a year now. I'm getting the Nexus S 4G in less than two weeks, but if this pans out, I may sell it & get this! Hopefully it'll compete with the specs, processor, RAM, screen resolution & size, etc... of other phones coming out this summer.
    it stands to reason that it'll have at least a 1..4GHz processor. I'm hopin' for the gig of ram. I just want a phone that does what I tell it to WHEN I tell it to, not 6-120 seconds later.
    I'm hoping this is true. With any luck Sprint will launch the Pre3 in June or shortly after. Then maybe this new 4G device will come with the 6-month exclusive in August. No reason why Sprint couldn't have both of these. Let's hope.
    Ughh... it looks like HP is really missing the boat here. Give me a combination of the two of these phones and I'll be very happy.... A Pre3 (I absolutely need a physical keyboard) with 4G, 32 gigs of memory, and SD expansion and I'd be a very, VERY happy camper....
    I'd rather have a keyboard, but I'd definitely go for this. Hope it ends up being true.
    I don't care anymore...i just want ANY webOS phone on Sprint at this point. The wait is beyond ridiculous.
    if this phone has better hardware than the pre3 I wouldnt mind.
    Please let this be true. Was hoping for the pre 3, but anything new for webos especially on Sprint is WELCOMED! By the way, I know hp has a smart matter division...It would be awesome if hp introduced a slab with this technology that would make part of the screen morph into a physical keyboard when needed, resembling something like the pixi and reorient itself upon screen rotation.

Wishful thinking, but that would just blow everyone away, maybe they have that in store for the future. I just hope there's a bigger and longer lasting battery, because I'll be on this thing like mad crazy along with the touchpad.
    Repost from similar thread: New Sprint WebOS Device?

Please let this be true. Was hoping for the pre 3, but anything new for webos especially on Sprint is WELCOMED! By the way, I know hp has a smart matter division...It would be awesome if hp introduced a slab with this technology that would make part of the screen morph into a physical keyboard when needed, resembling something like the pixi and reorient itself upon screen rotation.

Wishful thinking, but that would just blow everyone away, maybe they have that in store for the future. I just hope there's a bigger and longer lasting battery, because I'll be on this thing like mad crazy along with the touchpad.
    it's august of next year... Or the coming months after
    If I had a choice between the Pre 3 or the new webOS device all for Sprint, I wouldn't be able to make the decision now. I'd like a hardware keyboard, but I'd also like a rock solid hardware build. A hardware keyboard gives more screen real estate but I wouldn't use a keyboard that much. Price is also a big decision swayer.
    I gatta say, this is what I have been saying. The touch screen phone will be a Sprint exclusive, and sadly my worst fear that hit me one day is coming true -- the phone won't come this summer. Because if it is no physical keyboard, then why not put WebOS 3.0 on it? Anyway, as long as it gets announced this summer I'll wait for it and will grab this phone.

And I am not going to wish this be true, I am going to wish I can get the Pre 3 this summer. But if not, I'll get this and hope it's real.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast