Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hopefully HP won't make the same mistakes as Palm. Another 6 month exclusive on Sprint is idiotic. Sorry Sprint people but it's true.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Hopefully HP won't make the same mistakes as Palm. Another 6 month exclusive on Sprint is idiotic. Sorry Sprint people but it's true.
    So, are you calling exclusivity on Sprint idiotic? Or in general?

My point being, what if this is the phone people want? And oh wait, its on Sprint, its so worth going to Sprint for so I'm moving there. I think its a good move for them. It'll work out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    FUUUUUG! Great news and horrible news all at the same time...especially if they release the Pre3 on Sprint sometime in May.
    why? Because the original pre failed on sprint? Like the pre plus failed on verizon and at&t sorry I fail to see how an exclusive phone on sprint is so bad.. I don't see the evo on too many other carriers or the evo 3d.. I guess thoes where bad choices too =/
    Tell that to htc...

It wasn't the exclusivity that killed palm. It was the faulty hardware and incomplete software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Tell that to htc...

It wasn't the exclusivity that killed palm. It was the faulty hardware and incomplete software.
    I agree with you 100%.

HP better get this out before the release date of the EVO 3D is announced. They wont beat that phone on Sprint.

Personally, I'm getting the Nexus S on may 8, but I have an extra upgrade sitting around, so I would definitely grab this in august if its true.
    considering they usually have to pay a premium for exclusivity, the financial issues sprint has, and the less then stellar performance of the original phones on sprint i'd say it's unlikely Sprint would do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    Tell that to htc...

If the pre would've released on Verizon & AT&T at the same time as Sprint it could've been a game changer for Palm. They would've beat the Droid phones to market and would've had a better shot at getting a bigger share of customers. I know there were issues with the Pre at release but it couldn't of hurt.

Nothing against Sprint but it is small compared to Verizon and AT&T. In my unscientific survey no one I asked would switch from VZW or T to Sprint. I may be wrong but a 6 month exclusivity deal with Sprint doesn't make sense. Not unless they have similar or better phones on VZW & T like HTC.

Palm needs market share. An Exclusive release on one of the smallest carriers in the US doesn't make sense from a business perspective. Even if the Pre3 is on VZW & T Palm needs better hardware and different form factors released through all of the carriers.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 04/27/2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    So, are you calling exclusivity on Sprint idiotic? Or in general?

My point being, what if this is the phone people want? And oh wait, its on Sprint, its so worth going to Sprint for so I'm moving there. I think its a good move for them. It'll work out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm not calling Sprint idiotic. Just limiting themselves to an exclusive deal on one carrier whether it's VZW, T, Sprint, TMobile. Doing it with on of the smallest carriers in the US doesn't make it any better.

BTW, does the lack of CDMA news worry people? I'm on VZW and I'm concerned because everything I see on the Veer and Pre 3 is GSM related.

Edit: Last thought. It's going to be hard enough for HP to convince people to choose a WebOS device over an iphone or Droid. Why make the decision even harder by making them choose to switch carriers too. Whether is going from Sprint to VZW, T to Sprint, VZW to T, etc...
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 04/27/2011 at 08:16 PM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by axoneill View Post
    Did you not see the FCC filing for the GSM only Pre 3? It must be going to AT&T, maybe even a AT&T exclusive for a couple months. That way AT&T can market the crap out of it like we all know they can, especially after losing their iphone exclusivity.

I'm wondering if Verizoid is going to get left in the dust?

I'll be purchasing the Sprint Slab. I'm already pumped and my 2 year ends in August anyway
    Once I saw the GSM Pre 3 FCC filing it made me believe this was much more likely to be true. I can see Sprint passing on the Pre 3 for a 4g slab, however I do hope Sprint gets the Pre 3 as well. I prefer the physical keyboard.
    So lets supposed that 4G webOS slab coming to Spring is true...

I wonder how many people, like me, don't live in a 4G area and don't really see the point of paying extra for a 4G phone when we'll be in a 3G area most of the time...

For people like that it would be great for Sprint to carry an advanced 3G webOS device...
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    So lets supposed that 4G webOS slab coming to Spring is true...

I wonder how many people, like me, don't live in a 4G area and don't really see the point of paying extra for a 4G phone when we'll be in a 3G area most of the time...

For people like that it would be great for Sprint to carry an advanced 3G webOS device...
    Either way, 3g or 4g Sprint has added the $10 charge to any new activation of a smartphone. So it won't matter if the phone is 3g or 4g, we still have to pay the extra $10, which sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I definitely prefer the physical keyboard of the Pre 3. Since I plan on getting a touchpad I would want my phone to have a physical keyboard. It would be great if Sprint got the Pre 3 & this rumored phone; however I can see how a 4g webOS slab would make for a better flagship phone on Sprint.
    How about sprint gets both phones. That would make more sense then each carrier having different phones.I want the pre 3 but as others have stated.If the new webos phone comes to sprint I will get it even though I want the pre 3
    Last edited by prethadd81; 04/28/2011 at 06:41 AM.
    Why are so many blaming HP? The carriers, NOT the manufacturer (HP in this case) have the final say as to which phones they carry. Negotiations happen on both ends but ultimately the carrier has the final word.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Either way, 3g or 4g Sprint has added the $10 charge to any new activation of a smartphone. So it won't matter if the phone is 3g or 4g, we still have to pay the extra $10, which sucks.
    I still see it as funny how all that worked out. Originally they were just charging $10
    extra to have the 4g EVO whether you were getting 4g or not.
    Evo owners complained, so Sprint just bumbed everybody up the $10. Smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I still see it as funny how all that worked out. Originally they were just charging $10
    extra to have the 4g EVO whether you were getting 4g or not.
    Evo owners complained, so Sprint just bumbed everybody up the $10. Smooth.
    They took a page out of AT&T's playbook
    So Sprint is rumored to get the rumored slab, you know of all the rumors I've heard this one doesn't sound so far fetched. I guess I'll have to hold onto my Sprint Pre2 a little longer till the Pre3 eventually comes out.
    I'll have to double check...last time I looked into it I was told that getting a 4G capable phone meant a +$10 charge over the plan...EVEN IF you lived in an area without 4G coverage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    I'll have to double check...last time I looked into it I was told that getting a 4G capable phone meant a +$10 charge over the plan...EVEN IF you lived in an area without 4G coverage...
    That's correct. If you activate a new smartphone, regardless of your area (4G or not), you'll get hit with the new 4G surcharge.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Why are so many blaming HP? The carriers, NOT the manufacturer (HP in this case) have the final say as to which phones they carry. Negotiations happen on both ends but ultimately the carrier has the final word.
    It all depends on those negotiations, which we have no knowledge of. If Sprint told HP we only want a phone that has x, y and z, and HP doesn't make that phone you can't blame Sprint.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast