Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    sweeeeeeeeeeeet!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Hopefully that exclusive doesn't count for Canada :P.
    god not another 6 month sprint exclusive.... didnt palm learn not to do that after the Pre?
    I could see a scenario where AT&T gets the Veer....Verizon the Pre 3, and Sprint the new device...and then after several moths some of the devices become available on multiple carriers.

This way HPalm makes sure that each carrier has current webOS device...AND each carrier has something to differentiate themselves from each other...
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Release day sprint pre ownwers don't like having zero webos hardware available once their contract expires.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    god not another 6 month sprint exclusive.... didnt palm learn not to do that after the Pre?
    If Sprint killed the Pre, then that must be why the EPIC 4G and EVO 4G did so horrible in sales and why the Pre Plus sold so well on the other carriers, right?

The Original Pre failing has nothing to do with the small form factor, then cheap build quality and lack of interesting features, right?

I am sorry but I refuse to believe Sprint failed Palm and not the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    I could see a scenario where AT&T gets the Veer....Verizon the Pre 3, and Sprint the new device...and then after several moths some of the devices become available on multiple carriers.

This way HPalm makes sure that each carrier has current webOS device...AND each carrier has something to differentiate themselves from each other...
    Did you not see the FCC filing for the GSM only Pre 3? It must be going to AT&T, maybe even a AT&T exclusive for a couple months. That way AT&T can market the crap out of it like we all know they can, especially after losing their iphone exclusivity.

I'm wondering if Verizoid is going to get left in the dust?

I'll be purchasing the Sprint Slab. I'm already pumped and my 2 year ends in August anyway
    <<threads merged>>
    Personally, I love the Pre3 form factor and keyboard, so that makes it the phone I want. I don't really care for slabs or virtual keyboards. However, one of the things I was most disappointed about when they announced the Pre3 and I've been _itching and moaning about is the storage. I know some feel 16GB is more than enough, but I was baffled as to why they would not have increased it. Now it all makes sense. The Pre3 is basically a device that missed it's true product cycle. The extra storage for me is going to be a huge factor in my decision if Sprint were to get both, as 32GBs is what I've been clamoring for all this time. Ultimately, however, I really really want a physical keyboard. That may win out if I had the opportunity to choose.
    not a bad idea since no new great devices will be coming out, with the iphone 5 pitted for a sept oct release. As long as hp gets these high end devices out by june-aug they will make a nice push IMO.
    If this is what's coming, why wait for the Pre. I can get a slab phone anywhere and anytime and I don't have to keeping hoping for myBible apps and audible. I don 't want a virtual keyboard as my only option and I prefer the smaller mobile so that I can use it with one hand. This looks like give up on Sprint and give up on HP. I may as well go to the dark side and suffer the learning curve of an iPhone or Droid. June is around the corner. Beginning in June I start smart phone shopping and using hands on models of other smart phones.

What the heck, after this news, I may as well start tonight.
    physical keyboard or not, as long as it has a gesture area, i'll be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Before the haters show up, let me just say that I hope it's true. I prefer the physical keyboard, but if it's the only webOS device on Sprint then I'm there! Still hoping for the Pre3..
    figures.....7 minutes for them to show up, lol.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Please be true...
    Quote Originally Posted by richc3 View Post
    Hopefully that exclusive doesn't count for Canada :P.
    It counted for the EVO. Carrier exclusivity blows, as far as I'm concerned. They should just dump the phones out in a big pile and have a free for all. I'm stuck in a contract, for a little under 2 years left(say 20 months times $20 just to break contract, not even worth it). If they decide to release a Pre3(or any other new webOS phone) exclusively on Telus, then it looks like I either stay with my Pre, or find something else.

A friend of mine just got an Atrix through Bell. He was going to buy it outright, but if he didn't do at least a one year term, then no free evenings/weekends, text messages etc, etc. He signed the 1 year and the difference in price was miniscule.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Sprint deciding not to carry new Palm/HP phones after the Pre and not saying anything to loyal Palm users is like giving up on your relationship a year-and-a-half ago and not telling your partner. It's a pretty ****ty thing to do.
    Agreed. My contract expires in August, and I'll be going wherever the "best" HP/Palm phone that fits my needs lands. Also, I have no Sprint service in my area, so I'm always roaming.
    So when do you think we will hear about this new Phone? Maybe at HP's June event?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    two things I'd like to see...

first news of SOMETHING. Like ANYTHING. I think a great disservice is being committed leaving core users in the dark like this.

Other than that I wish that both Palm and Sprint would leave the choice with the consumers and release BOTH devices instead of making it either or.

We'll see what the future holds...
    Last edited by omarellis; 04/27/2011 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by omarellis View Post
    two things I'd like to see...

first news of SOMETHING. Like ANYTHING. I think a great disservice is being committed lesving core users in the dark like this.
    You know what happened the last time they did this? They got *****ed at for announcing devices that were still months from release.
    it's not going to happen sprint users, everyones hearts are going to be broken
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast