Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Sprint Nexus S 4G Pre-Order Goes Live at Best Buy: $200, Estimated to Ship April 18-21

    Nexus S 4G for Sprint coming by next week, preorders started at best buy today..


    I might just have to check this phone out... really the stock android is sooo much better than all of these bloated sense and blur androids running around
  2. #2  
    I don't think any amount of commenting is going speed up HP. I doubt they are actively reading forums.
  3. #3  
    Palm has stated publicly that they read forums.
  4. #4  
    I agree, blackmagic. They barely pay attention to smartphone customers anyway, judging by their actions. Vote with your dollar and get what you know is coming out, instead of empty promises.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #5  
    Palm and HP have people reading forums. Its just good business sense to be on top of what your customers/potential customers are buzzing about. That said, I do believe I will try the nexus S when it comes out on sprint. If I don't like it, I'll return it and get the Pre3. They give you a month to try any phone and if you use your upgrade, when you return the phone, you get your upgrade back. No point in not test driving it for a while. Honestly, I think I'm finally getting bored of webOS. Just don't tell any of my friends, they'd think I'm nuts for saying that because of how much I've always hyped up webOS...
  6. #6  
    A month? Wow, up here they give you some sort of trial period, but if you go over so many minutes, like an hour, then you're stuck with your phone whether you like it or not. Maybe things have changed in the year and a bit since I got my Pre, but that's what it was like then.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  7. #7  
    I believe that the US carriers have all gone to a 15 day trial period, and they often charge a restocking fee...
  8. #8  
    Ok i'll just say this flat out. People can complain about release dates and say throw us a bone all they want. They can threaten to get another phone. People have been doing it since last May at least and there still hasn't been a phone released. almost a year of I'll get an EVO if they don't release a phone. I have no issue with going to a different phone. I just don't think posting a brand new thread about it is going to make HP do anything. If you want a Nexus go for it. But the next Palm phone is coming out whenever it comes out. If posting at precentral made a difference there'd have been a phone last year and every sprint pre user would have 2.1 doctors.
  9. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe that the US carriers have all gone to a 15 day trial period, and they often charge a restocking fee...
    Well,

    As of December 2010-Jan 2011, Sprint was still doing 30 day free trials & there was NO restocking fee. I know because I tested the Evo from about the 23rd of December to the 22nd of January. There was also no limit to data/texts--it fit right into the plan I already have.

    They do charge for everything, though: activation fee, price of phone, extra line on my family plan, etc. However, when I returned the Evo, the next billing cycle had everything refunded.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Ok i'll just say this flat out. People can complain about release dates and say throw us a bone all they want. They can threaten to get another phone. People have been doing it since last May at least and there still hasn't been a phone released. almost a year of I'll get an EVO if they don't release a phone. I have no issue with going to a different phone. I just don't think posting a brand new thread about it is going to make HP do anything. If you want a Nexus go for it. But the next Palm phone is coming out whenever it comes out. If posting at precentral made a difference there'd have been a phone last year and every sprint pre user would have 2.1 doctors.
    I see it as a form of venting. We know the companies do whatever the heck they want. It just gives you a sense of "I'm in control" feeling to tell them you'll vote with your dollar. You are in control, of your actions. You can't control what the company does, but why continue to wait on them if they won't deliver? They lose a customer and apparently they don't care one way or the other. Perhaps you may not want to deal with a company like that anyway.

    And in HP's case, they need webOS customers so every customer lost does hurt.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  11. #11  
    It's ok palm, I am waiting till summer...

    For my EVO 3D!

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I see it as a form of venting. We know the companies do whatever the heck they want. It just gives you a sense of "I'm in control" feeling to tell them you'll vote with your dollar. You are in control, of your actions. You can't control what the company does, but why continue to wait on them if they won't deliver? They lose a customer and apparently they don't care one way or the other. Perhaps you may not want to deal with a company like that anyway.

    And in HP's case, they need webOS customers so every customer lost does hurt.
    i get that they are venting. I just think if you want to complain to HP complaining to Precentral forum is not a very precise way to achieve that. the title starts "Palm," like he/she's talking to Palm. If you want to talk to Palm you're better off going to HP Customer service and telling them directly that delays are making you consider other options.

    Customer Service / Contact HP
    Send a Message to the HP CEO dedicated page: HP Executive Team: CEO email
    HP's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/HP
    HP twitter http://twitter.com/#!/hpnews
    i say let em know how you feel.

    All that being said I doubt HP is just twiddling their thumbs. I saw parts of that Engadget interview and if your read between all the politician-like evasive answers Ruby flat responded to the "when will it be released" question with "When it's ready." That's a crap answer but it's telling. It tells stuff wasn't finished. If they could release stuff today they'd do it. Everyday they don't they lose a potential customer for 2 years to another platform. They are trying. I'm all for complaining. I think the first post should be sent to HP's CEO. Hell he could respond.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I see it as a form of venting. We know the companies do whatever the heck they want. It just gives you a sense of "I'm in control" feeling to tell them you'll vote with your dollar. You are in control, of your actions. You can't control what the company does, but why continue to wait on them if they won't deliver? They lose a customer and apparently they don't care one way or the other. Perhaps you may not want to deal with a company like that anyway.

    And in HP's case, they need webOS customers so every customer lost does hurt.
    I get your point, but I think them venting directly on an HP site, J. Rubs voicemail, etc would probably be more effective for the venters than lil ole Precentral.
  14. #14  
    Sprint is still 30 days and there is no restocking fee. When I almost jumped to the evo to try, I made sure of all of the terms. They were clear that I could keep the phone for 30 days and the only thing I would lose is the $15 activation fee.
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 04/14/2011 at 12:43 AM.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    All that being said I doubt HP is just twiddling their thumbs... I saw parts of that Engadget interview and if your read between all the politician-like evasive answers Ruby flat responded to the "when will it be released" question with "When it's ready." That's a crap answer but it's telling. It tells stuff wasn't finished. If they could release stuff today they'd do it. Everyday they don't they lose a potential customer for 2 years to another platform. They are trying. I'm all for complaining. I think the first post should be sent to HP's CEO. Hell he could respond.
    I agree with you. I'm somewhat irritated with delays, but the only thing they can do worse than what they have already done is release another series of "not-ready-for-prime-time" series of devices.

    A lot of mediocre Android devices out there are riding the coattails of the good ones, webOS will not have that luxury.

    They are already in the effective position of needing to start over, if the come out with weak hardware now or an OS way behind the others, they are pretty much dead.

    (Unless HP wants to spend billions of dollars - like Microsoft- to establish the market share that a solid product and a few hundred million in promotion could do.)
    Last edited by C-Note; 04/13/2011 at 07:50 PM.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I believe that the US carriers have all gone to a 15 day trial period, and they often charge a restocking fee...
    Completely incorrect.
  17. #17  
    Let people complain I say, I don't have to read them.

    What get's under my crawl about some of these complaints, such as this one, is when they start throwing around words like "we" and "us". There is no "we" or "us" in this complaint. It is one persons opinion and decision to do what they must to satisfy their hunger for something new, even if that something new isn't what they really want, only because what the really want isn't out yet.

    Other terms that get thrown around, like "what are they waiting for", and "delays", are ridiculous as well. They announced it as being available this summer. The first day of Summer is June 21, and the last day is September 22. That gives them a 3 month window to release the Pre 3. I understand perfectly the statement "it will be released this summer". If not released within these dates then I'll begin to wonder, and maybe complain, what is HP up to that they can't stick to their release time frame.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  18. #18  
    Sprint 30-day Return and Exchange Policy

    We are committed to making sure you are satisfied with your purchase. We will gladly accept returns and exchanges on merchandise purchased directly from Sprint. If you're not completely satisfied, simply return your undamaged device and deactivate service within 30 days in accordance with our Sprint Free Guarantee or Sprint 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee. Please note that this policy may not reflect the policies of our authorized 3rd-party dealers or retailers.
    also...

    *Please note: If you do not return your device within 15 days of deactivating service, a $200 Early Termination Fee will be applied to your account.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Sprint Nexus S 4G Pre-Order Goes Live at Best Buy: $200, Estimated to Ship April 18-21

    Nexus S 4G for Sprint coming by next week, preorders started at best buy today..


    I might just have to check this phone out... really the stock android is sooo much better than all of these bloated sense and blur androids running around
    They haven't announced a release date. The Best Buy ship date has changed to unavailable... Chances are slim it will be the 20th. You might have some more time to wait....
  20. #20  
    I guess this it for me. My launch day pre that I was hoping that would last me till summer for a possible pre 3 is almost done for. Touching itself all the time, broken buttons, bad oreo etc. I really was hoping to use my upgrade for a pre 3, but I guess the Evo will have to be my new phone. I don't really want to spend any money on a used pre or other device to bridge the gap. I do have a question though. How long will my palm profile be good for. Say I buy an Evo and next year I spring for a webos device, will my profile still exist along with all my apps? Surely it will be deleted by then right?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions