1.    #1  
    Spoke with Sprint on the phone today (to adjust the bill to account for my fiancee's new Evo Shift) and he asked if I'd like to renew my contract now and get $70 off of my bill.

I said that I'd be renewing if/when they got the Pre3, and I didn't want to lose my upgrade. He explained that contracts and upgrades aren't tied together, and I'd still be eligible for the $150 rebate when the Pre3 comes out.

He then went on to say (without any inquiry by me) that he's a big WebOS fan as well, and that from what he's seen internally is that the Pre3 has passed FCC certification for Sprint's CDMA frequencies, and is on schedule for a summer release. No word on a WiMAX radio.

Take it with a lump of salt, but I'm feeling a bit more hopeful.
  2. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Give us the guy's name and a picture of him on the phone or it didn't happen... just kidding. I find it humorous when people say that here.

Got my fingers crossed. Everytime I call Sprint for problems with one of our work phones I ask the question and always picture them on the other end with a blank stare. So far nobody can confirm anything. But there's hope.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I hope it's true man, I have a line on my family plan that is just waiting for the Pre3 or the BB Bold Touch which ever comes out first I'll buy, of course I would have to wait and see how nice and fluid the new bb os 6.1 is.

Really hoping for the Pre3 though.
    I usually throw salt all over the place when I see posts like this, but this time....
    this time is different.
    This time I believe.

I want to believe!!!
    I want my Sprint Pre 3!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You would think that if the FCC cleared it already, someone would have found it and we would have known this by now. Pinch a little more salt on top of that lump (for now).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I usually throw salt all over the place when I see posts like this, but this time....
    this time is different.
    This time I believe.

I want to believe!!!
    I want my Sprint Pre 3!!!
    +1. To the letter.
    talked to a rep and appearently there was a note on my account that stated 'do not offer evo, customer dislikes android' lol
    guy offered the arrive instead, i said look at my account, 4 webos devices, fix the towers, i HAD great service, now me and all the neighbors are having problems. guy said so are u interested in the arrive, i told him, i like the os, but prefer webos, he stated well then i would wait, its like a sign the date hp picked for the event in june' i said yeah, expecially with the statements the new ceo has made about availabilty, he said he was waiting to see too, he said he loves webos, that he has a sprintpre+ lol
    heres hoping the pre3 comes to sprint and they dump that stupid smartphone charge, otherwise they are gunna have to start being truthful with their pricing literature
    Palm prē-ist.
    I believe if it had passed fcc we would know. Pretty sure that's available online. Engadget for sure would have said something. They are amazing at catching those.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I believe if it had passed fcc we would know. Pretty sure that's available online. Engadget for sure would have said something. They are amazing at catching those.
    Nope... The fcc is bound by an NDA until hp lifts it

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

I always wondered why Apple's FCC filings where never released until after they made an official announcement, & like a week before the device goes on sale. This makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Right?! Didn't they get mad-ish over the Pre2 coming out and it was said future devices would remain confidential with the FCC until close to release?