1.    #1  
    If a sprint sales rep is rude to me, disregards my question about webOS, and tries to shove an android phone down my throat one more time I'm gonna throw my pre at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    If a sprint sales rep is rude to me, disregards my question about webOS, and tries to shove an android phone down my throat one more time I'm gonna throw my pre at them.

So, have you heard of windows phone 7?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I pretty much decided to upgrade via their website... once they get a new WebOS phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I pretty much decided to upgrade via their website... once they get a new WebOS phone.
    I dunno man, I kinda want to line up on launch day with a couple of my webOS friends and pick em up in store.
  6.    #6  
    I'm gonna go straight back to the store that was rude to me and rub it in their face when i get that phone they said wasn't coming to Sprint. but then last minute decide not to order it and tell them I'll order it online. not gonna give them any kind of friggin commission.
    I asked a Sprint manager who at least knows me by name about the Pre 3 and Veer. (we ar enot buddies.)

He said that HP has as yet only announced a GSM Veer with no hint about the CDMA or WiMax that Sprint uses. Historicaly, tandam release phone (Pre/Pixi) go to the same carrier. There is no reason that the Veer would not be called the "Veer 4G" if it were going to ATT or T-Mobile, the only large GSM carriers.

He also said that they were told that the Kyocera Echo may be the last high-end phone not to have 4G. Sprint agreed to the Echo last year as a part of the Zio contract. He said that the Echo is doomed because they have to disclose the $10 for Premium Data charge but not give 4G.

He said at a manager's meeting last month they were told that the Xoom 4G and Atrix 4G were coming and the next day it was almost word-for-word in BGR. He said there is not even a whisper about any HP products. He said that is was also right after a conference call that the EVO 3D and Nexus S 4G leaked out.

As to the Pre 3, he said it is a World Phone. He said that no one has mentioned it. He said that by April 1, the corporate managers know all the phones coming for summer.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 04/03/2011 at 10:41 PM.
    more bad news for webos on sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I asked a Sprint manager who at least knows me by name about the Pre 3 and Veer.

He said that HP has as yet only announced a GSM Veer with no hint about the CDMA or WiMax that Sprint uses. Historicaly, tandam release phone (Pre/Pixi) go to the same carrier. There is no reason that the Veer would not be called the "Veer 4G" if it were going to ATT or T-Mobile, the only large GSM carriers.

He also said that they were told that the Kyocera Echo may be the last high-end phone not to have 4G. Sprint agreed to the Echo last year as a part of the Zio contract. He said that the Zio is doomed because they have to disclose the $10 for Premium Data charge but not give 4G.

He said at a manager's meeting last month they were told that the Xoom 4G and Atrix 4G were coming and the next day it was almost word-for-word in BGR. He said there is not even a whisper about any HP products. He said that is was also right after a conference call that the EVO 3D and Nexus S 4G leaked out.

As to the Pre 3, he said it is a World Phone. He said that no one has mentioned it. He said that by April 1, the corporate managers know all the phones coming for summer.
    so what do you make of the information that he's given? i'm seeing a couple of scenarios:

Scenario 01: No Pre3 on Sprint until HP can prove to Sprint that the TouchPad sells. So TouchPad comes to the general public in summer and Pre3/TouchPad 4G comes to Sprint in the fall.

Scenario 02: HP making the Pre3 a worldphone and sells them itself so that people can buy it and activate it on whichever networks they are on. This would mean that HP will have to eat some of the costs so that people can buy it at the subsidized prices (aka Jon Rubinstein's "making it right" maybe?). otherwise, the Pre3 would be perceived as expensive and would have a hard time competing with all the other smartphones on market that are being sold with carrier-subsidized prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I asked a Sprint manager who at least knows me by name about the Pre 3 and Veer.

He also said that they were told that the Kyocera Echo may be the last high-end phone not to have 4G. Sprint agreed to the Echo last year as a part of the Zio contract. He said that the Zio is doomed because they have to disclose the $10 for Premium Data charge but not give 4G.

Sadly, this is what im coming to expect, hence while ill be shifting towards the nexus s 4g once it gets released (and broken). By all means I hope a webOS phone comes into my reach. But I think i'll have to sit it out for awhile while HP gets there stuff together over the next year. By then maybe I'll be able to switch to a different network with some confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I dunno man, I kinda want to line up on launch day with a couple of my webOS friends and pick em up in store.
    I believe if you go through their site, activation is free.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    I know what you mean, instant gratification is hard to beat; but if I waited this long (that is, waited until Sprint gets a Palm phone) then I can wait until they ship it to me. I won't have to deal with the reps trying to upsell me accessories that I don't need and besides, I can probably activate the phone and transfer my info (thanks to Synergy) faster than the time it would take if I went to a store.

Also, as mentioned above, they typically credit the upgrade fee online (you're saving them the man-hours by doing the work yourself).
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    I believe if you go through their site, activation is free.
    a quick 2 minute call to CS can generally get that fee reversed. I havent paid an activation fee in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I know what you mean, instant gratification is hard to beat; but if I waited this long (that is, waited until Sprint gets a Palm phone) then I can wait until they ship it to me. I won't have to deal with the reps trying to upsell me accessories that I don't need and besides, I can probably activate the phone and transfer my info (thanks to Synergy) faster than the time it would take if I went to a store.

Also, as mentioned above, they typically credit the upgrade fee online (you're saving them the man-hours by doing the work yourself).
    The only accessory I'm interested in purchasing is touchstone v2..... but either way, I cant wait any longer. Ill hopefully be first in line on launch day.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    just dont crack the screen unless you got 100$