Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    So my wife's original Pre is pretty much on it's last legs and she's going to need a new phone real soon. Ideally I would love to get her a Pre 3 but obviously I don't know if/when I can actually get one. I've also considered getting her an Epic 4g or an Evo Shift.

The problem is I'd hate to get her a new phone that is already dated in it's specs. BUT she also would absolutely need a phone with a physical keyboard. None of the new top end phones seem to be including this in their specs...The new Evo 3D, The Kyocera Echo, The Nexus S, the Atrix......all only with on screen keyboards.

Has anyone heard any rumors about any other top spec'd phones that will also include a physical keyboard?
    The Arrive?

(I wasn't aware of the Atrix on Sprint...thought it was just AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    The Arrive?

(I wasn't aware of the Atrix on Sprint...thought it was just AT&T)
    The announcement for the Atrix 4G and Xoom 4G on Sprint are expected in April.
    Well the evo shift has the newer generation proccesor and if u like rooting u can overclock it to. 1.8 ghz which is more than fast imo
    So yea I would recommend it. Obviously cuz I have it but this phone is no joke. And I'm sure it'll keep ur wife satisfied till her next upgrade .oh and the kb is great. Good for texting and emulators

Sent from my EVO Shift
    Don't knock the on screen keyboard till you've tried it, i never had one either till getting my evo but it only took me about 2 days to totally love it, plus with swype, i'm loving it even more. You always have 30 days to try it, if she can't get used to it, she can trade it in...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdalton View Post
    So my wife's original Pre is pretty much on it's last legs and she's going to need a new phone real soon. Ideally I would love to get her a Pre 3 but obviously I don't know if/when I can actually get one. I've also considered getting her an Epic 4g or an Evo Shift.

The problem is I'd hate to get her a new phone that is already dated in it's specs. BUT she also would absolutely need a phone with a physical keyboard. None of the new top end phones seem to be including this in their specs...The new Evo 3D, The Kyocera Echo, The Nexus S, the Atrix......all only with on screen keyboards.

Has anyone heard any rumors about any other top spec'd phones that will also include a physical keyboard?
    I would go for the Arrive. I've heard nothing but good things about their keyboard. Plus, you have tons of apps, the Zune Marketplace, netflix, etc. If you can't wait for the Pre 3 and need the keyboard, this is what I'd go for.
    Phones are reaching a plateau, just as PCs have. The EVO and the Epic are not that far off in specs than anything new coming to market. They just aren't as new. So if you're worried about specs, I would have no problem recommending an EVO or an Epic. Despite their age, they are far, far from obsolete. If you just want something new... Well, then you want something new.

But I predict phones will not be straying far from the 1GHz mark. The Atrix and the Arrive both run at 1GHz. The Arrive even has the same processor as the "old" EVO.
    Touchscreens are a fad.