Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    A hypothetical question for Sprint Pre owners. What if Sprint doesn't get the Pre 3? What would you do? Which phone would you get? Would you switch carriers?

As a launch day Pre owner, here's my take:

-WebOS is easily the best day to day OS imo, and I would be very disappointed.
    -Sprint's pricing is too good pass up. Even though I love WebOS, I won't switch carriers. Verizon is simply far more expensive, and I'm on a nice Sprint family plan right now.
    -My Sprint launch day Pre can't last much longer, and I need a new phone pretty badly. I would probably get the Evo 3D. I'm familiar enough with Android, and the specs are a geek's dream.

What say you?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It would be a huge dissapointment, i already lost hope on the 3 coming to sprint and ive been studying other phones lately but none of them do anything for me. Worst comes to worst ill pay full price for thr pre 2 and swap out com boards.
    There are a bunch of threads just like this, so it may get combined with one of those.

FYI, I am confident that the Sprint/Palm relationship is strong, and they will be offering a webOS phone soon. Let's face it, they won't be selling that Kyocera thing very often, so they will certainly have time to get the Pre3 and/or Veer through the system!

*fingers crossed
    I'll get an EVO 3D and be sad about having to leave webOS, its as simple as that. If the TouchPad ends up being worthwhile I would definitely get it though.
    I'll be leaving due to lack of coverage in my area and little-to-no signal in Cambridge, MA.
    EVO3D. 'Nuff sad.
    It is difficult to say what I would do. Sprint's pricing is by far the best compared to AT&T and Verizon. I have had all three services (although my AT&T service was when I was 18 before the Cingular merger). I only had minor issues with Verizon. I think I would probably have to get a different device and stick with Sprint. Verizon would cost me hundreds more each year and I can't justify spending that money just to have a specific device. That being said, I will be extremely depressed if I can't get a webOS device on Sprint come summer.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    -WebOS is easily the best day to day OS imo, and I would be very disappointed.
    -Sprint's pricing is too good pass up. Even though I love WebOS, I won't switch carriers. Verizon is simply far more expensive, and I'm on a nice Sprint family plan right now.
    All of these fit me exactly. I bought a semi-used Pre- on eBay last month, so I'm good phone condition-wise for now. Frankly, I just refuse to consider Pre 3 won't happen on Sprint. (Thanks for your good word, cantaffordit!)
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    same boat as the OP. Love webOS...but not enough to pay more for it on Verizon. If no Sprint Pre3, i'll switch over to EVO 3D.

Really hope Sprint decides to carry it...and hopefully put WiMax on it as well.
    EVO 3D or Nexus S. Will need to see them side by side and factor in how much i dislike large screens, heh.
    At this point in time, assuming Sprint doesn't get the Pre 3... If I can't radio swap and upgrade to a Pre 3, I'm done with Sprint. Service is OK where I live, but not great. My 2 year contract will be up in Aug, so The upcharge per month that would come with a new carrier could be worth it for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboflavin View Post
    same boat as the OP. Love webOS...but not enough to pay more for it on Verizon. If no Sprint Pre3, i'll switch over to EVO 3D.

Really hope Sprint decides to carry it...and hopefully put WiMax on it as well.
    I second the bold section.
    I am thinking of buying another pre minus. Even if the pre3 comes to sprint I still wouldn't be happy because of no minicards. Woe is me
    I would get a pre 2 & swap com boar. My sero plan is just to good to leave sprint.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm still happy with my overclocked sprint Pre+
    I really do love it. Honestly I only keep it because of webOS. But i absolutely hate that webOS has an overabundance of simple and wimpy apps.
    With that said I really don't want to waste my time on a pre3... on any carrier.

I mean I'd love to have a pre3 and a Touchpad and rock the synergy. I'm sure I'd super happy and productive.... I know HP has what it takes to make webOS desirable to app developers.
    But... I don't know if I really feel like waiting.
    Now that the EVO3d is going to drop, I am THAT much less inclined to take a chance with the pre3.
    Thats what it would be too. Taking a chance.

I'll be honest though the pre3 is going to be a great phone. Nothing makes more sense than webOS and you put that behind the wheel of the proccessing power in the pre3... and you should have a winner.

If sprint doesn't get the pre3.... in my world webOS is going to be reduced to a wifi device in the shape of a pretty old pre+ thats tucked away in a drawer somewhere that i'll rarely ever use.

Although.... I might also try to skip it across the lake. Always seemed like a great shape for skipping.

With that said I'll probably go to the Evo3d Its got everything I want except WebOS. I'll probably try to graft the touchstone battery cover components into the evo3d so I can keep my 6 touchstones lol.
    OMG if Sprint would let that Frankenstein of a monster that is the Echo on their network and even spend money on a event for it shows how desperate they are!

Sprint needs Palm as much as Palm needs Sprint. Especially with the merger of AT&T and T-Mobile. Sprint isn't trying to reduce the selection of phones for it's customers, that would be crazy. I'm not worried at all about whether Sprint will carry the Pre 3 or not.

The only question is, when will they get it?

If I had to guess I'd say they'd be last since Verizon is selling the Pre 2 and GSM versions of Veer are being made which shows collaborations with those companies are underway which presumes carrier agreements are either finalized or further along. But then again I could be completely wrong
    been thinking about it more lately, my **** key no longer works amongst other failing issues.

I am talking with my brother to see if i'd save money going on a family plan with him on verizion (he's an apple ****** and is waiting to get an iphone on verizon).

I recently looked at the specs on the evo 3d, and was excited by all the specs until I realized it does not have a physical keyboard! I keep trying these virtual keyboards and I just cannot handle them.

I also just discovered that these landscape keyboards are hard to type on. I am so used to the keys veey close together, that having the keys so spread apart made typing difficult for me. I'm sure time will cure that problem.

the pre 3 next to the evo 3d is looking very old and behind the times now.

however, everytime I play with my friends samsung andriod, I just want to puke. It's not a nice interface, like webos.

oh I hate having to be forced to make a decision, but it seems it's coming to that.

rob
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'm still very happy with my overclocked Pre-. I would love new hardware, but I don't understand the obsession so many seem to have with it. I love webos too much to switch to a new phone just for some more MHz. I'm good to go on my Pre- for at least another year or maybe even two. I really really really want the Pre3 though.
    im getting an att pre2 to hold me over until the pre3 comes out . of course its off contract lol so im not stuck anywhere !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I really don't think I would leave Sprint either. Their plan prices are great, & they still have unlimited data. I don't want to have to pay more on another carrier, then worry about a cap on my data. It's not going to happen.

If the Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint, I'll be fine for a while. I just Sprinitfied my Pre 2 a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's an awesome phone, and showcases webOS they way it was meant to be. It also has great battery life, and gets me through the day on one charge. I am usually around 20% by the end of the day (midnight). As I type this now, it's a few minutes to midnight and my Pre just vibrated stating it's at 20%. I honestly feel I can hold on to this phone for at least a year, if not longer. I love the Pre 2!

Seeing that I will be re-eligible for an upgrade around August; if I do get the itch to upgrade my Pre 2 and the Pre 3 is not an option, I'll be deciding between: The HTC Arrive, Evo 3D, or Nexus S 4g.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast