Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I swear I posted in this thread early on about crying myself to sleep every night... Must have been a different one.

Anyway. Update!

Sounds like the valiant leader on my family plan loves webOS so much (and actually described the Pre 3 pretty much to a tee as his dream phone months before it was announced) that our party of six would migrate carriers to get it.

Which means I'm getting one too! Wo0t!

If that weren't the case I'd probably wait to see if comms board hackery was a possibility, and if not I'd buy a new Pre 2 and swap my Sprint board that's currently residing in a verizon pre plus into that.

Oh. And I'd cry myself to sleep every night.
    i would seriously consider a carrier change. i know your supposed to pick your carrier, then your phone, but Sprint is definately starting to appeal to me less.

i dont want an android device. Period. Maybe i'm jut biased, but every day i use this epic i find something nitpicky about the OS that i dont like. sprints insistance on carrying onl android devices sigificantly limits my choice. IMO the only thing differentiating two android devices how long the manufacturer takes with updates.

also sprints poor coverage is starting to affect me more. i moved from a big city with great sprint coverage, to a rural town with mediocre cover. and my job often has me travelin places with no sprint coverage.

the stars appear to be lining up for me to leave sprint. their awesome pricing is the only thing holding me in...that and i just renewed my contract when i got this samsung epic.
    I switched from Sprint to ATT to use my unlocked Pre 2. I love the Pre 2, but my ATT reception is not good. After my recent reception problems, I'm hoping that the Pre 3 is on VZW, which has the best coverage in my area.
    Well, if no Pre3, I'll just continue using my launch day Pre, life as usual.

If by the day my Pre dies and there still isn't no webOS phones on Sprint, then I might start shopping for good deals on other carriers. If VZW and AT&T are still as expensive as they are now (unlikely to change), then I guess I'd just switch over to an Android phone on Virgin mobile. $25/mo with unlimited data is just so much better then any other data plan

In short, webOS is the only reason I am willing to pay $70/mo. Other phones are not worth that expensive of a monthly fee
    Yeah, I think I'm at the point where I am planning on going to something else. I am sick of HP/Palm telling us one thing and not feeling like they are following through. They are just moving too slow.

I am probably going with the Nexus S4g or the Evo3D. Who knows though.... I will miss WebOS greatly, but I'm looking forward to having more App options and such.
    My decision is getting a little easier and easier every day. I love Webos and really don't want to leave but if I don't hear anything by the time the EVO 3D drops I will probably be moving on. If this happens I will just have to hope and wait until a new webos device hits sprint and use the EVO 3D
    - Skinneejay -
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I would go to android, which i already did
    Duetschland Uber Alles
    I'm more loyal to HP/Palm and webOS than to Sprint... it would be bye bye Sprint.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    if not then i delete everything "pre" related off my laptop and fall in love with my brand new evo 3d
    I already made the reluctant decision to move to Verizon and Android. Sprint's coverage in my region (Which I travel through weekly) leaves a lot to be desired, and most of the times I am bouncing off of a roaming Verizon tower to make my calls. As for Palm, as much as I love it, I have submitted temporary defeat and am going to try out Android for awhile on an Incredible 2. I really hope WebOS succeeds, and I commend those of you with enough patience to wait them out. I, however, cannot ignore the fact that my release day Pre- is on its last breath, and I need to replace it with something now. I will definitely miss it, but hey, I may be back. Who knows what the next two years will do to the mobile OS industry?
    -Until Skynet takes over.
    I decided to to go to wp7 I miss webos and will likely get a touchpad when good apps become available and its been out a while. As far as wp7 goes I'm loving it! So much better then Android IMHO, however, for those heavy into customizing you may not like it as much. I love customization but also find smoothness, UI experience and features more important. WP has a much better media and entertainment stance then Android, thus, I'm happy. Oh and a MUCHHH better virtual keyboard then any phone I've ever used! And I've used Android, IOS, BlackBerry storm, various Android keyboards, and WP comes up ontop. I'd actually not mind a slate WP if I decide to get one of these again in two years. We'll see where webos will be in 2013 as far as phones. I do hope sprint gets it though. I really want those who waited to get it.
    Unfortunately, in that situation, I would of course jump ship. I pretty much hate all the carriers we have here in the US but at least I'm with the cheapest, but I think to express my disgust with Sprint I would go to the most expensive, at&t, lol. Not like they would ever get that message tho....
    Wouldn't matter one bit. It has a CDMA radio so the only other choice would be Verizon and my contract is up in June on Sprint anyway so I'd just jump to Verizon. In fact, my girlfriend's parents stopped paying for her cell phone a few months ago and instead of bringing her on my Sprint contract right away (just in case they don't get the HPre3), I'm having her use the contract-free Virgin Mobile until we know on what carrier it will land.
    A good question without a good answer.

Five reasons to leave Sprint: (1) data add on fee, (2) WiMAX (battery drain just to get speeds that HSPA+ blows away), (3) loss of early upgrades, (4) no WebOS, (5) no ESPN alerts.

Four reasons to stay with Sprint: (1) unlimited data/texting, (2) corporate discount, (3) Google Voice integration, (4) 7pm nights and weekends.

I have been intrigued with Sprint/Android since the Evo, but have not been able to pull the trigger. If iPhone 5 has more WebOS-like notifications, I might jump ship just for that (and leave it to Jobs to announce these features right before the next WebOS launch). Otherwise, I'd consider a Pre3 4G on AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by mypreindc View Post
    A good question without a good answer.

Five reasons to leave Sprint: (1) data add on fee, (2) WiMAX (battery drain just to get speeds that HSPA+ blows away), (3) loss of early upgrades, (4) no WebOS, (5) no ESPN alerts.

Four reasons to stay with Sprint: (1) unlimited data/texting, (2) corporate discount, (3) Google Voice integration, (4) 7pm nights and weekends.

I have been intrigued with Sprint/Android since the Evo, but have not been able to pull the trigger. If iPhone 5 has more WebOS-like notifications, I might jump ship just for that (and leave it to Jobs to announce these features right before the next WebOS launch). Otherwise, I'd consider a Pre3 4G on AT&T.
    even with the data add on fee, we're still cheaper than ATT/Verizon. Multiply that by a 4 phone family plan and it's hard to ignore for some of us.

personally, I'll stick with Sprint to keep a 3rd player alive, if anything. Service is fine for me. But if they start charging the same as att/verizon.. it will be difficult to justify unless they can maintain their turn-around momentum.
    I am staying with Sprint and webos meta'd 2.1 if we dont get any new hp phones. I am on a everything plus plan for $10 cheaper a month than normal, and my wife somehow we got her old sero plan to stay at $40 a month w/ 500 minutes and unlimited data. So I dont wanna go anywhere else. Its either Pre Minus (I got 2 spares on ebay) or a future Sprint webos device for me at some point I hope. I like the Pre 3 a lot as its basically a bigger Pre w/ better hardware. It would be ideal for me.

If we dont get a HP device, I would be hopeful webosinternals will adapt the newer 2.x or 3.x updates to work on old pre's too. I just cant leave webOS for android...and I am gonna get a touchpad wifi so I cant wait!
    I plan to go wherever Pre 3 launches.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I will continue with my Pre- until it dies. Sprint has had me for 10+ years, and they have the best pricing, so, I will just have to pick a different phone.

I see no reason to purchase ANY products that are inferior to what I currently have (unless the Pre dies).
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My wife wants to leave Sprint, one-poor support of the pre, two-she wants an iphone. I don't know how much longer I will wait for a Sprint pre anymore. I love WebOS, but the lack of apps is getting bad. I may be able to talk her into a 3D. I need to decide before the 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I switched from Sprint to ATT to use my unlocked Pre 2. I love the Pre 2, but my ATT reception is not good. After my recent reception problems, I'm hoping that the Pre 3 is on VZW, which has the best coverage in my area.
    the pre3 is definitely coming to ATT and to Verizon thats for sure and sprint should jump on board but still dont know when or if they are just playing hard to get .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast