Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I say EVO 4G shift
    I guess for me... life would go on.

I love my pre... would like to upgrade to the pre 3... but if it doesnt come to sprint I will eventually switch to something else, or live off second hand pres from ebay or some such... havent really decided on that yet. My contract wont be up for a while.so Im not getting overly excited about the situation... when time comes to act I will figure something out.
    im not sure what im gunna do, the 3 closest towers to me are having issues, and thats for all repeaters, sprint,verizon,att are all droping data 1sec full bar the next. frontier and cellone own the towers and dont keep them up in my area, so sprint let me out of all my contracts and put me month to month. they said they have had repair tickets in since june, and i talked to my cousin who works for vzw he confirmed the same.

so i can move wherever i want, but as ive checked out the competion im really thrown for a loop.

i pay $185 including tax for 4 lines, shared 1500, nights starting at 6, unlimited cell to cell/data/messaging/nav and no one can come close to that, even if i add the $40 for 4 new activations, im still saving a ton.... i really hope sprint gets the pre3...if they dont, ill just sprintify a pre2, maybe get an arrive, i do like wp7, but i have touchstones in all my vehicles...the whole situation sucks
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm actually eligible for my upgrade today! (April 1st). If Sprint will not get the Pre3, then:

First choice: Stick with my almost 2 year old OG Pre. It's still popping caps.
    Second choice: eBay (when my Pre dies...)
    Third choice: I'll try a Nexus S for 30 days (Matias Duarte better have made a difference...)

I have 4 lines and will be adding a 5th soon. I am definitely NOT leaving Sprint.

I'm pretty confident that Sprint will get a new WebOS device though.

On second thought, scratch the third choice.
    Last edited by RafRol; 04/01/2011 at 02:26 AM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I'm actually eligible for my upgrade today! (April 1st). If Sprint will not get the Pre3, then:

First choice: Stick with my almost 2 year old OG Pre. It's still popping caps.
    Second choice: eBay (when my Pre dies...)
    Third choice: I'll try a Nexus S for 30 days (Matias Duarte better have made a difference...)

I have 4 lines and will be adding a 5th soon. I am definitely NOT leaving Sprint.

I'm pretty confident that Sprint will get a new WebOS device though.

On second thought, scratch the third choice.
    Me too, April 1.
    But I'm not waiting, I'm 80% sure I'm going EVO 3D. 4G and more apps.
    I wanted to stay with Web OS but HP has been disappointing, no carriers lined up for Pre3, same form factor, unknown if it's 4G.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Me too, April 1.
    But I'm not waiting, I'm 80% sure I'm going EVO 3D. 4G and more apps.
    I wanted to stay with Web OS but HP has been disappointing, no carriers lined up for Pre3, same form factor, unknown if it's 4G.
    Same here. I can't upgrade till August now with my 1yr premier being taken away. I know the Evo 3D will be out then and I'm jumping on it. Even if the Pre 3 is available on Sprint at that time, I won't be getting it. Tired of the form factor and webOS has a lot of growing up to do. If it does succeed under HP then I'll take a look at it down the road. By current Pre will do just fine until August rolls around. It's the best phone I've ever owned and I love to use it. Just want something different for a while
    I too am still on the original Pre. I may switch to the EVO 3D. The specs are great. But we will see if Sprint gets the Pre3. I want a webOS device.
    My day one pre is still holding on. I'm lookin to sprintify a pre 2 as I'm not leaving webOS for any reason. It's just to good of an OS. I've tried android and iOS and don't feel they are as good and my needs didn't really feel met.

The Evo 3D specs are great but I do not have any use for a 3D phone. I do alot of business on my phone as well as personal and I believe HP has a great vision for webOS and I'm staying were I am till it gets there.

Even with some of the issues webOS has it does all I need and I believe that's what it comes down to. Get a phone that suits your needs and my pre does that.

I am hoping that sprint does get the Pre3 but even if they don't I'm sure they will get a webOS device soon. Who knows it may be a cool slab or something. Only time will tell but ebay will fill my phone needs until then if need be.
    HPalm needs to give me a good deal on a off contract PRE 2 so I can switch the comm board from my PRE - and I would be happy for another year waiting for the next HPalm phone on Sprint.

But the chances of that happening are very unlikely so the " Nexus S 4G " looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    my launch day Pre minus is literally falling apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWinggl View Post
    My Wife has an Oringal Pre, and it's begining to fall apart, unless HP/Palm and Sprint announce something by 4-8-2011, she will be upgrading to the HTC Arrive.
    Both of you might consider finding a cheap Pre Plus from VZW or AT&T and performing this surgery: Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS Internals

I did it and it was pretty darn easy. And the difference between the Pre- and the Pre+ is pretty stark. This also has the advantage that the MEID on my sprint account stays the same, so I get a new phone that's webOS that works a lot better than the Pre-, I don't extend my contract, and I don't get the additional $10/mo "extra special data" plan imposed on me by sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    HPalm needs to give me a good deal on a off contract PRE 2 so I can switch the comm board from my PRE - and I would be happy for another year waiting for the next HPalm phone on Sprint.
    I bought my Verizon Pre+ from ebay for $75. It was a pretty cheap upgrade. And a pretty big improvement. That seems like a much cheaper stopgap measure than a $450 Pre2.

Question for those of you intending to sprintify a Pre2? How are you going to deal with PRL updates? I'd consider doing that, but PRL updates are too important to not have any effective way to get them.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I'm already covered with my Sprint Franken PRE 2 converted from a Verizon PRE 2!
    I love this phone!! If we dont get the PRE3, I will stick to my PRE2 for another year and see what is out there. Hopefully by then we will have a Franken PRE 3/Stingray :-)
    If Sprint didn't get Pre3, I don't know if that would change anything for me. I go to where Epocrates is and to the carrier with the best reception/$$ in the new area I will living in. Contract is up in July.
    Bought to pres off of ebay to hold me over...
    Would be really disappointing...

I guess it would be a good time to give android a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigatoni1374 View Post
    Would be really disappointing...

I guess it would be a good time to give android a chance.

Same opinion as you.
    I've been up for an upgrade since last year and I'll soldier on until:
    a) a WebOS device (Pre 3) shows up on Sprint so I can get it; or
    b) my Pre- dies and I have no choice but to get whatever phone is available at that point. Most likely an Android phone.

I don't want to jump through hoops and buy used Pre2's on craigslist or ebay, hack up hardware, etc just to keep using webOS. I'll stick with hardware as I do with my upgrades. So if I switch to Android, I can revisit webOS in 2 years when I'm up for an upgrade and I really hope webOS has grown to the level that makes it a great option with great apps and developer support.

My SO has an Android phone running Froyo and having spent several months playing with it, I can adjust to it. I won't like using it as much as I do webOS. However, apps do make a smartphone just as the OS and the hardware does.
    well i frankenpre'ed my sprint pre and now im in heaven lol and dont care if sprint gets it sooner or later , but lets hope for sooner than later lol !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have a Day 1 Pre minus. I bought 1.5 additional Pre's for backup/parts. I'm about to upgrade to a Franken Plus. After Verizon gets the Pre3, at which point I expect prices to drop a bit on used Pre2's, I plan to upgrade to a Franken Pre2. I plan to ride the Pre2 for as long as it takes to see if Sprint eventually rejoins the webOS team, or if somebody else improves their platfom to the point that I prefer it over webOS 2.1.

I'm not leaving Sprint, and I want to get as much use as possible from all those Touchstones. And, of course, I find every other phone on the market annoying, compared to webOS.
    - Bubba
    well I had evo gave to wife whos had pre. Btw I got her the pre because I was pumped about it when it came out. Anyways I took her pre because of the hype about the hp pre3. Because I wanted to get used to the webOs and immediately got into homebrewing . She is like whatttt I didn't know you can do that . But she like the evo and we are both going to get evo3Ds her for sure me maybe .
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Evo3d
    Duetschland Uber Alles
    It'll be goodbye Sprint, if they act like Clown Trainers & don't carry any webos phones.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast