Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I hope HP is reading this thread because the lack of any Pre 3 news (release date, carriers) is driving a lot of the original hardcore Pre owners to Android, iPhone and WP7.
    Summer?
    Is that June or September?
    Do I stay with Sprint?
    Will the Pre 3 be a 4G phone?
    I've been playing with my coworker's new Thunderbolt and while Android does lack some Web OS features, I can see myself making the switch.
    I was the biggest Web OS evangelist, talked 3 people into getting Pres, but the fact that it's now seven weeks since the "big" Feb. 9 event and we really don't have any specifics is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Any chance you'd share a link to that post?

Update: I think I found it. Is this it? http://forums.wpcentral.com/1540411-post5.htm
    That would be it yes... Me and this other WP7 troll over there been duking it out. He just bashes on webOS with no factual reasoning and then I just point out another WP7 flaw or feature lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    Strange. If anything this phone (Arrive) gets too loud.

WP7 wasn't built to satisfy every tweak craving that's for sure but it's a healthy option for those who want the fastest mobile OS on the planet combined with rock-solid hardware, polished off with the MS ecosystem (Zune, XBL, MS Word) and a high quality app selection.

I've got very few complaints moving from webOS to WP7 since its moving from one user-friendly OS to another.
    The speakerphone and earpiece get REALLY loud on the arrive. I already owned the device but took it back and went to the Pre again. What I am saying does not get loud enough is the Headphone,Earbud volume. No where near as loud as regular Zune players. Like I said I am not sure if this is HTC's fault or WP7 fault but they need to make it get louder for us audiophiles out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    Hmmm, I would think if you're an audiophile that you would escew abundant power amp volume because it tends to compress and distort recordings that don't need it (kind of like the way records are WAY over mastered today killing off dynamics).

I am definitely an audiophile, and I think it sounds more than great and loud enough either with headphones or through my car's Aux input. But, tastes vary.
    Didn't need a amp on my previous Cowon,Zune,Samsung,or Sandisk players so why should I now. They all got 25%+ louder than the Arrive without distorting. Apple Ipods on the other hand distort like crazy because of their ****** amp.
    what will you do if Sprint doesnt get a new WebOS phone?

i am on Sprint, and like Sprint BUT i like WebOS better.

so if Sprint doesnt get the new WebOS phone i will be going to who ever does get the new WebOS phone. even if there are only a few tens of thousands still wanting WebOS can Sprint afford losing these customers

what are you going to do? Leave, wait, switch OS?
    I'll switch OS... When my Pre finally dies entirely. But not a day before.
    I will switch phone OS. I'm all ready considering switching and not waiting for a WebOS announcement. I don't know if my pre can handle another month...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I'll be switching carrier. Maybe Verizon Wireless. I love webOS.
    I'll go where the Pre 3 goes... I picked up an android phone and all I ended up doing was trying to make it more like webOS... after failing I returned it and decided I need webOS.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    First, I'll keep my pre until it dies. But when that happens, I will likely switch carriers. I went over to the AT&T store and, for my usage anyway, I don't think I would pay much more than the $69 (going to $79 with a new smartphone)/month for Sprint. Honestly I like webOS, but in particular am addicted to the touchstone, so I am likely to stay with HP over the carrier assuming the Pre3 or Veer doesn't stink.
    My Wife has an Oringal Pre, and it's begining to fall apart, unless HP/Palm and Sprint announce something by 4-8-2011, she will be upgrading to the HTC Arrive.
    I might go to android.I like sprint so I can't see myself leaving just for aphone and have to pay more.I actually like the evo 3D!! I couldn't believe that I would like an android phone!!I love webOS but not if WebOS isn't showing thelove back. So all this waiting to announce carriers sucks major #**
    You know, I am not leaving sprint and I am not getting android either... I will check out Winphone, but in all likelyhood will buy a pre2 on ebay and sprintify it.
    So she asked: "What is it with you? Is it ignorance, or is it apathy? And I answered: "I don't know and I don't care."
    I am just waiting on a decent phone on Sprint before I drop my Pre like a bad dream.I really like the webOS but the hardware and the app limitations are getting old very fast. I was in South America for two months and could have really used Skype on my phone to call the U.S, like the iphone guys where doing. The minuscule screen is also grating on me. The next Windows Phone 7 that comes to Sprint with a 4" plus screen is my dream device but I could even settle for a Nexus S 4G since it is stock Android/root friendly/quick updates.
    <<threads merged>>
    The problem is, IF people are willing to stay with Sprint and just switch OS then why would Sprint care about getting WebOS. they will only care IF people let them know they will be leaving.

with that said after reading these comments i will begin looking at a Win7
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    It would be a huge dissapointment, i already lost hope on the 3 coming to sprint and ive been studying other phones lately but none of them do anything for me. Worst comes to worst ill pay full price for thr pre 2 and swap out com boards.
    This is exactly my stance.
    I hope the Pre 3 comes to Sprint (like everybody else), but as much as I love WebOS, I'm starting to think the only thing tying me down is that I have 5 or 6 touchstones throughout my house and at work. I'm certainly getting sick of HP and rooting for what appears to be a "losing team." They just appear to drop the ball every chance they get.

I'm sticking with Sprint for better or for worse:

-10+ year Gold Premier Member
    -25% Corp Discount
    =
    Annual phone upgrades with a super cheap monthly family plan.

So if they don't get the Pre 3 when it launches, I am moving to the EVO 3D. I like Android and HTC Sense is probably the best of the bunch; my launch day Pre minus is literally falling apart.

EDIT: It makes me sick to look at what some people have to pay on AT&T and Verizon. I have 2 smartphones with essentially unlimited everything + Nav (1500 landline M-F daytime minutes that no one could use up) for $110 a month AFTER tax. Trying to get similar service from Verizon and AT&T is $210 *plus* tax; it's absurd. For the math-challenged..that's OVER $100 more each month. I seriously don't get why everyone in the country isn't on Sprint. I love my service in Chicago, and every time I travel, I always have service (roaming on Verizon included). Does their service in the rest of the country suck or what?
    Last edited by WindyCityPre; 03/30/2011 at 04:32 PM.
    I'm already do for an upgrade, so most likely I'll give the Nexus S 4G a try. I really do love WebOS, but let’s be honest. HP's plan is for the long run, so flopping with these 3 new devices won't hurt them that much. Sprint wants to become the main Android carrier in the US, so WebOS is not their priority.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I hope the Pre 3 comes to Sprint (like everybody else), but as much as I love WebOS, I'm starting to think the only thing tying me down is that I have 5 or 6 touchstones throughout my house and at work. I'm certainly getting sick of HP and rooting for what appears to be a "losing team." They just appear to drop the ball every chance they get.

I'm sticking with Sprint for better or for worse:

-10+ year Gold Premier Member
    -25% Corp Discount
    =
    Annual phone upgrades with a super cheap monthly family plan.

So if they don't get the Pre 3 when it launches, I am moving to the EVO 3D. I like Android and HTC Sense is probably the best of the bunch; my launch day Pre minus is literally falling apart.

EDIT: It makes me sick to look at what some people have to pay on AT&T and Verizon. I have 2 smartphones with essentially unlimited everything + Nav (1500 landline M-F daytime minutes that no one could use up) for $110 a month AFTER tax. Trying to get similar service from Verizon and AT&T is $210 *plus* tax; it's absurd. For the math-challenged..that's OVER $100 more each month. I seriously don't get why everyone in the country isn't on Sprint. I love my service in Chicago, and every time I travel, I always have service (roaming on Verizon included). Does their service in the rest of the country suck or what?
    I've got an almost identical setup w/ Sprint and I have to say I am almost completely happy with my carrier (sort of can't believe I just said that), except for the lack of phone options. In the last 10 years I've lived in DC and Colorado and had great Sprint reception in both places. Android and BB are terrible and I have no desire to ever own one. I would consider a switch to iOS, begrudgingly, but thats not an option with Sprint either.

If Sprint doesn't get the Pre3 I don't know what I'll do.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast