Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm surprised that nobody has found a method to use the OS on one of the new "superphones". It would be cool to have the option of plopping WebOS 2 or 3 onto the Android phone of your choice and just go with it.

Is it just impossible due to hardware or too difficult because of some other limitation?
    EVO-3D looks nice, but i might not feel like renewing my contract so probably going to get pre2 or pre3 on ebay and frankenpre it
    I hate to toss my Sprint Premier Gold status, and I'm very comfortable with WebOS. If Sprint doesn't get the Pre3, the Nexus S 4G is looking better and better. I hope Sprint doesn't read this post because I've stated my position: Sprint Pre3 or CDMA iPhone4. I'm looking forward to a very interesting summer.
    Nexus S 4g
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    I really don't think I would leave Sprint either. Their plan prices are great, & they still have unlimited data. I don't want to have to pay more on another carrier, then worry about a cap on my data. It's not going to happen.

If the Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint, I'll be fine for a while. I just Sprinitfied my Pre 2 a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's an awesome phone, and showcases webOS they way it was meant to be. It also has great battery life, and gets me through the day on one charge. I am usually around 20% by the end of the day (midnight). As I type this now, it's a few minutes to midnight and my Pre just vibrated stating it's at 20%. I honestly feel I can hold on to this phone for at least a year, if not longer. I love the Pre 2!

Seeing that I will be re-eligible for an upgrade around August; if I do get the itch to upgrade my Pre 2 and the Pre 3 is not an option, I'll be deciding between: The HTC Arrive, Evo 3D, or Nexus S 4g.
    Trust me you do not want the arrive. I made a list of 15-20 things that OS lacks or FAILS at on Wpcentral.com ... It is just too early in its life to enjoy with all the shortcomings. Id go Nexus S because of the fact you get updates first as it being Googles baby and its not a oversized phone like the Evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Ah, yeah, Wp7 looks very interesting to me... On an mp3 player not a phone. I can't stand the blue boxes, but LOVE the XBL integration though. I'm one of those that wants an MP3 player separate from a phone and I want a ZuneHD7 Or Zune7HD... IDK what M$ calls it, but i want it now!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you want a good MP3 player don't buy a WP7 device. My main gripe is they stripped a lot of features out that the Zune HD had. Also the volume for earbuds or headphones is lacking. Zune HD and Zune 120/80/30GB all got MUCH louder. Probably HTC's fault with the Arrive and HD7 that I tested my nice earbuds on...
    I wish the Pre 3 (or Veer or 2) supported T-Mobile's 3G band. I love my unlocked Pre 2 on T-Mobile (super cheap plans) but hate being limited to Edge.

if Pre 3 isn't released on Sprint I'll probably get an unlocked version and use it on T-Mobile.
    I think if the Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint, I'll try my hardest to find a Pre 2 to get Pre 2'd, but if that doesn't work out, my Pre- isn't going to last forever. My first 2 options are the Evo Shift and the Nexus S.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm not a big fan of the Pre 3 so i won't matter either way. So Verizon Iphone 5 or EVO3D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    If you want a good MP3 player don't buy a WP7 device. My main gripe is they stripped a lot of features out that the Zune HD had. Also the volume for earbuds or headphones is lacking. Zune HD and Zune 120/80/30GB all got MUCH louder. Probably HTC's fault with the Arrive and HD7 that I tested my nice earbuds on...
    Strange. If anything this phone (Arrive) gets too loud.

WP7 wasn't built to satisfy every tweak craving that's for sure but it's a healthy option for those who want the fastest mobile OS on the planet combined with rock-solid hardware, polished off with the MS ecosystem (Zune, XBL, MS Word) and a high quality app selection.

I've got very few complaints moving from webOS to WP7 since its moving from one user-friendly OS to another.
    Last edited by foosball; 03/28/2011 at 01:41 AM.
    I'm already almost fed up with Sprint as it is.

About a year ago I submitted my work email for a discount on my monthly bill, and had to call back and re-submit it nearly every month until this past March before it actually took effect. Aggravating, but tolerable. But then I noticed my contract expires in March of 2013 now, due to the extension from adding my discount to my plan. I've been trying to get Sprint to cut that year off of my contract, seeing how I initially filed for the discount LAST YEAR, which should have extended my contract until 2012, but since they didn't apply it until 2011, I'm stuck all over again.

If we actually get the Pre 3, I won't mind. But if we don't, I will be severely disappointed. I'm actually waiting to hear this summer if Sprint will get it or not before I pay the early termination fee and switch to either Verizon or a prepaid Blackberry. My Pre- is getting to the point of no return.

Anyways, to answer the question, if we don't get the Pre 3, and if I for some reason do not terminate my contract, I'll be switching to the Blackberry Bold. Or whatever newer Blackberry comes out for Sprint by the time I hear where the Pre 3 is going.
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Evo 3D
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Don't know really...would love to see a Pre 3 on Sprint, but may have to wait longer then June 2 yr anniversary to make it happen. Or may just have to jump ship and go back to VZ and simply pay more for the same or worse service. Sorli..
    Quote Originally Posted by itZmePre View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody has found a method to use the OS on one of the new "superphones". It would be cool to have the option of plopping WebOS 2 or 3 onto the Android phone of your choice and just go with it.

Is it just impossible due to hardware or too difficult because of some other limitation?
    As it is, it would be hard to put WebOS on any other hard HP makes WebOS for it's hardware. For all we know, 2.0 is not even optimized for dual core's yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Trust me you do not want the arrive. I made a list of 15-20 things that OS lacks or FAILS at on Wpcentral.com
    Any chance you'd share a link to that post?

Update: I think I found it. Is this it? http://forums.wpcentral.com/1540411-post5.htm
    Last edited by mu7efcer; 03/28/2011 at 01:37 PM.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I like the price of sprint, but the price is going up and it's becoming less of a bargain. Second, when i was traveling i was often unable to connect to any data or to roam on any other networks. Even though, my family had Verizon and clearly had service. Because of that price increase and reception issues there's a good chance i'll leave sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkev View Post
    For. real.

I couldn't take the temptation any longer and switched this weekend. The first 24 hours were very awkward and uncomfortable, but once I clicked with WP7, I clicked. It's awesome.

I'm not gonna make a silly "Goodbye, Palm. You blew it!" post because I could switch back for the right device and when WebOS gets it going in America again with carriers, apps, and an ecosystem. But WP7 is very nice right now. It is missing some features but Thrasher is blowing it way outta proportion. This is - BY FAR - the best choice on Sprint for the foreseeable future. With all due respect to new Android superphones, they likely won't have the responsiveness, battery life, and app polish this device has.

I want the same for the Pre 3, but it probably won't have all 3 of those until well after summer.
    Yeah its a little strange using a whole new OS at first. It makes you appreciate the strengths of webOS but I had to use my upgrade and there is nothing compelling on Sprint other than WP7.

What's your assessment so far?

I jotted some notes down here:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/1541315-post67.htm
    Last edited by foosball; 03/28/2011 at 02:23 PM.
    That's about as fair a review of WP7 as I've seen. Sums up my experience as well.
    thanks for the thread, reviews, opinions I'm probably going to switch between nexus s or wp7. Undecided still but I've been eligible for upgrade since 2-1.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    thanks for the thread, reviews, opinions I'm probably going to switch between nexus s or wp7. Undecided still but I've been eligible for upgrade since 2-1.
    me too. I can't justify switching carriers considering the cost of three smartphones on a family plan. If it was just me then I'd switch. I'll probably go with the Nexus S because of the stock bleeding edge android update support. I might consider buying a used Pre 2 and franken pre it to 2.1 for sprint.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast