Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    So I joined the Sprint crowd in March 2010 to jump on the Pre bandwagon and have loved it ever since. Unfortunately this means I'll be losing my Premier status come April 1st. I know there are others out there with me, so have you guys been thinking about this?

With the talk of the Nexus S and EVO 3D I've been honestly thinking about using my upgrade before this April 1st deadline hits. I know I'll miss webOS, but I wouldn't mind giving Android (and some nice hardware) a shot.

But today I thought about it some more... what if I were to upgrade to say the EVO 3D, then I get to use my upgrade, play around with a nice phone, but I decide I'd really just like to go back to webOS, and the Pre 3 finally comes to Sprint (pleeeeease!)... So I sell the EVO 3D on eBay or Craigslist, and use that money to buy a Pre 3 off contract.

Sound feasible? Because if not it's either, go with Android, or hold on to my Pre minus till around January of next year...
    I'm right there with ya.. Although I was thinking the arrive as well .. I have till the 28th of march though. .. Than I said .. Not gonna do it!.. Got a replacement pre from sprint.. And am holding out for some of the promises for HP to make good on!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I would have jumped to the evo 3d for a while, but the problem is that it won't be out until this summer. The nexus is up for pre-order so you might be able to get away with that one, but it's not compelling enough for me to jump to it. I'll be able to upgrade again in september so I think I will be holding on to my pre- for a little longer.
    I'll be losing status, but I'm close to 2yrs anyway... didn't take advantage of it last year because Palm didn't have anything for us. So I will wait for summer.

I actually still qualify for the plan... if I take away my employee discount, heh.
    Phone support told me I would not lose mine come April 1st...but I'm 99.9% certain she's incorrect. Fortunately, I'll be Gold come mid-June, so for me it's only a three-month setback.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I was told I would lose mine....since I got a developer Pre 2 converted to Sprint, I decided to get my upgrade and give it to my daughter....

My wifes upgrade hits in a few months so if Sprint releases something new I can always use hers...
    I'm in a similar boat, and was hoping some of you could help me. I am on the $69.99 plan and am considering raising it to $89.99 to keep my 'gold' status. Currently my upgrade is the end of June, so my thinking is I can pay an extra $20 for 3 months, get the Pre 3 and then revert back. If Sprint doesn't get the Pre 3, or it comes out in August or September, it'll be a waste of money, or more money spent.

My other option is just to buy the Pre 3 on Sprint without the new upgrade price (I'm not sure what that normally means in terms of price difference).

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I'm in a similar boat, and was hoping some of you could help me. I am on the $69.99 plan and am considering raising it to $89.99 to keep my 'gold' status. Currently my upgrade is the end of June, so my thinking is I can pay an extra $20 for 3 months, get the Pre 3 and then revert back. If Sprint doesn't get the Pre 3, or it comes out in August or September, it'll be a waste of money, or more money spent.

My other option is just to buy the Pre 3 on Sprint without the new upgrade price (I'm not sure what that normally means in terms of price difference).

Thoughts?
    its just 75 off, instead of 150. if you're close to your 2 years i'm pretty sure they would move your update up for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    its just 75 off, instead of 150. if you're close to your 2 years i'm pretty sure they would move your update up for you.
    thanks for the info, I guess I will just allow it to disappear and pay an extra $75 for the phone.

Thoughts?
    If you are with Sprint for more than 10 years you don't lose anything.

I got a letter in the mail from Sprint stating that I was a 'Gold' Premier member because of my years of service.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

thanks for the info, I guess I will just allow it to disappear and pay an extra $75 for the phone.
    don't forget, it's often more than just the extra $75...there are usually other discounts/incentives attached when you qualify for the $150.

Evo Shift, for example. It's $399.99 msrp. Then there is the $150 discount AND a $100 mail-in rebate, bringing it to $149.99.
    With just a $75 upgrade, there is no $100 rebate, meaning the phone costs $324.99.
    yeah Ive been with sprint for 10 years and was told the same that i wouldnt lose my upgrade in april. Though I did use a line to get the arrive through wirefly last week for $80 I think its back to $140 now through them but still a good deal. The Arrive I will say is a very very nice phone, WP7 OS as stated before is second only to Webos, and Id recommend anyone moving somewhere until the Pre 3 or other devices come out to conisder it. I had a Evo for 5 months and Android is very inferior as a OS, and to me sells mainly because of the hardware, and bells and whistle it comes with. Android is like a ferrari with a pinto engine in it.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I'll lose my upgrade status from April 1st through April 5th. I'll hit 22 months on April 6th. I doubt the Pre 3 will be released within that small window.

What I find odd is all the people saying they are tired of waiting for the Pre 3 and/or are worried about losing their upgrade status and are jumping to the Evo 3D. Do they not realize that the Evo 3D doesn't have a release date yet either, and could actually end up being released AFTER the Pre 3?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Since I will go to Premiere Silver (I don't think anyone is "losing" Premiere status) I will lose my upgrade until sometime in June, which should be the right time to get the Pre 3, if Sprint gets it. Not a real concern for me, though I am miffed that they didn't grandfather in *existing* Premiere members. That is, OK, I may become Silver but don't take away the upgrade I currently have, make it apply to any future upgrades if I stay at Silver.
    Same boat here. Makes me less concerned with jumping to Verizon or ATT if the Pre 3 doesn't come to Sprint. Our contract with Sprint ends in August.

Yeah, jumping will cost more, but I'm not too sure a higher price is such a bad thing. Lately Sprint coverage has not been the greatest.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    don't forget, it's often more than just the extra $75...there are usually other discounts/incentives attached when you qualify for the $150.

Evo Shift, for example. It's $399.99 msrp. Then there is the $150 discount AND a $100 mail-in rebate, bringing it to $149.99.
    With just a $75 upgrade, there is no $100 rebate, meaning the phone costs $324.99.
    this sounds more like sprint. I was told you could still upgrade at a year and you would get 75 off instead of 150.

I dunno, either way it's cheaper to not be gold then to pay $20 a month extra.
    Last edited by m3grady2; 03/25/2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: edit
    Quote Originally Posted by m3grady2 View Post
    if ur premier and at your 1 year upgrade you still get the mail in rebate
    The problem is that they're getting rid of the 1 year upgrade. Or are you suggesting that even though I won't be eligible for yearly upgrades, I'll still get a [I]better[I] upgrade than non premier? As of April 1st I'll be silver.
    that's how it was explained to me, but you might be right. I'll have to double check.
    Premier Upgrade Changes 04/01/11 - SprintUsers.com

Beginning 04/01/11 (April Fool's Day is such a bad day to roll out changes), Sprint is changing its Premier Program.

Silver - $75 upgrade per year or $150 at 22 months.
    Requirement:
    $69.99 individual plan, or
    $99.99 shared plan

Gold - $150 upgrade every year
    $89.99 individual plan, or
    169.99 shared plan, or
    10 years with Sprint.

With the shared plans, only the primary line gets the annual upgrade.

over on sprint users, but then there's another thread that says just 150 at 22months, i was told 75 with the silver so who knows, i guess we'll find out april 1 smh
    You guys that are 10+ years, when did you get your confirmation letters?

I did an online chat where they confirmed I'd be a Gold member, but I've only received the Premier Newsletter and such, no letters specifically to me about Gold Status. Strangely enough, when doing the e-chat, they tried telling me that my current account number was created in 2006 when they converted to their new billing system. I asked about my "legacy" account number and they said they searched it but nothing came up. I stated that if I indeed had a legacy account number tied to my current account, doesn't that mean that my account was created before they migrated to their new system? They were adamant that my account was created when they migrated to their new system.

Long story short, they were searching incorrectly and I had to call in to a supervisor to get the correct info.

Anyway, Annual Upgrades w/10+ year Gold Status on a cheaper plan and a 25% corp. discount means I'm with Sprint forever...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast