Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

Since AT&T bought T-Mobile who will buy Sprint?

There are some rumors out there:

Here is the link:

Who should pick up Sprint? | 9 to 5 Mac Who should pick up Sprint? | Apple Intelligence

It can be Verizon, Google, Apple or Comcast. Sprint stock down today 15% it is prime for a buy out. And it would only cost 20 Billion that is half of what AT&T payed. It also can be HP, I think Apple would buy it since they want the total experience and they have a huge war chest. What do you guys think.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Hi Guys

Since AT&T bought T-Mobile who will buy Sprint?

There are some rumors out there:

Here is the link:

Who should pick up Sprint? | 9 to 5 Mac Who should pick up Sprint? | Apple Intelligence

It can be Verizon, Google, Apple or Comcast. Sprint stock down today 15% it is prime for a buy out. And it would only cost 20 Billion that is half of what AT&T payed. It also can be HP, I think Apple would buy it since they want the total experience and they have a huge war chest. What do you guys think.
    Personally, I don't think Sprint is for sale.
    I think Sprint has a lot of debt and a lot of room to fall before it will be an appealing takeover target. Also, I think the answer is not always buyouts. I'm hoping Sprint is able to make a go of it all on their own, picking up customers from the Big Two as they get fed up with customer-hostile moves that are almost guaranteed to come.
  4.    #4  
    It makes sense for someone to come in and buy them out, T-Mobile had a huge backing from their european owners. If someone comes in and overs enough money to the board Sprint will be sold. It is just a matter of who. Google, HP or Apple and have everything in house. I personally think Apple should buy it Steve wants to control everything and this gives him the chance, just cause someone buys Sprint it does not mean that they wont sell other phones or it might, if Apple buys it and sells only there products then this will start an entire new thing that companies will buy there own lines and sell there service, it is a new concept and totally different one.
    I wouldn't underestimate Sprint's pride, though. Not sure how (in)vulnerable they are to a sale, but Sprint's been around in some for or another for literally a century. Their (sometimes misplaced) pride in that legacy was very evident when I worked for them, especially during the Nextel merger process. I would be surprised if they were looking to be bought.
  6.    #6  
    I agree with you VCI_CELL but if someone comes in and offers enough $$$ Sprint sell.
    I wonder who will buy it, for what company does it makes the most sense for them to come in and buy it. There are some companies that it makes the most sense.
    Who do you do it makes the most sense for?
    Probably Comcast. They have enough money and have had ambitions of offering a mobile-based triple-play for years. Plus it would be more likely to gain approval in the gov't than a VZW buyout, IMO.
    HP to buy sprint would be equal to HP being on crack....Verizon sounds like a good match, but personally i think Sprint would be fine. Sprint might see some defectors who are against the Att & T-mobile merger. I know there are a lot of people who are against the merger.
  9.    #9  
    I think Google, VZW, Comcast or Apple can buy it. It makes sense for all of them to buy it.
    I think Sprint isn't for sale, at least not yet. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Sprint was in talks to acquire T-Mobile before AT&T stepped in. Acquiring and being acquired are two different things.

Sprint should stay at it alone. Customers will eventually get tired of the price hikes that will most likely occur with the acquisition of T-Mobile by AT&T. The acquisition doesn't bode well for customers. Less competition usually equates to higher prices for the consumer. I guess we'll see if the FCC and federal antitrust regulators approve the deal.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    VZW would probably not be permitted to buy Sprint, IMO. The AT&T / T-Mo deal still requires approval, and it is not a sure thing either. I think the most likely candidate--if there was a buyout--would be Google. But the chances of a buyout seem very slim to me.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    HP to buy sprint would be equal to HP being on crack....Verizon sounds like a good match, but personally i think Sprint would be fine. Sprint might see some defectors who are against the Att & T-mobile merger. I know there are a lot of people who are against the merger.
    After seeing what the regulators did with the Verizon buyout of Alltel, forcing them to sell markets either to AT&T or regional carriers, there is no way they'd let them buy Sprint.

As for the AT&T and Tmo merger, I'm curious to see what they do. Tmo has been running on that odd ball 3G spectrum, even for Euro standards, plus AT&T and Tmo are the only 3G GSM providers in the US unless there are some regional ones I'm not aware of, all the regional carriers I know of use CDMA.
  13.    #13  
    FCC will let AT&T merger go, but if they let this one go than they will let VZW/Sprint go if VZW will want to buy out Sprint. I think Google is chopping at its chops and will step in and make offer to Sprint, I also think that if Google does this Apple will jump in also:

"Apple does like to own the whole experience and just about every bad thing written about the iPhone and iPad is related to their carrier integration. Apple obviously has the money and customer base to do something like this and the war chest is obviously on hand. Steve Jobs and Tim Cook have both said Apple was holding onto its cash in order to make a game-changing purchase. This would be exactly such a purchase. In fact, thinking about it that way, it is hard to imagine any other such purchase"
  14.    #14  
    If Google or Apple do wind up buying then guys this will start entire new ball game. Especially if Apple buys, they will go entire different way and other companies will follow, I personally think that either one should buy it and start entire new trend of selling and using phones. Wonder how this all will play out.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Apple would only control the experience in the U.S? Nawww, they are thinking global. this doesn't make sense
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    FCC will let AT&T merger go, but if they let this one go than they will let VZW/Sprint go if VZW will want to buy out Sprint.
    It's the DoJ that they will have a tough time winning over, not the FCC. I don't think VZW would even bother wasting the time, money and effort to try and buy out Sprint, because it is so obviously unlikely to be approved.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Apple would only control the experience in the U.S? Nawww, they are thinking global. this doesn't make sense
    Dual Band GSM / CDMA. with Wimax and LTE on the way. Make lot of sense for either company ( Google / Apple )
    Apple wouldn't buy a carrier. Those major carriers need much more than just one phone to survive and there is no way that Apple's leadership would be able to bring themselves to sell non-Apple products like would be required.

The most you could see from Apple as a carrier would be for them to build their own sublet, whatever they're called, like most of the Prepaids do running off agreements with national and regional carriers.
    Can you imagine the strain on the relationship with VZW and especially AT&T that would create for Apple if they decided to become their own carrier? Never happen.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Interesting read..
    Link

Little did I realize that AT&T is the Hotel California of the wireless world. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

What’s going to happen to some of these great T-Mobile features after AT&T takes it over? Listen to AT&T chairman Randall Stephenson. This weekend he said AT&T “will look hard” at whether to continue them.
    This is the reason i believe Sprint is gonna get some of the defectors or they might go regional carriers.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast