1.    #1  
    This post is not directly related to the Pre3, but I think many of the Sprint users will find it interesting.

With AT&T and Verizon putting caps on data usage even for their "Unlimited" plans, I kind of assumed it was just a matter of time until Sprint followed suit. Fortunately it looks like that will not be the case.

I saw a Sprint commercial last night featuring Dan Hesse. He talks about how other networks advertise "Unlimited" data usage, but actually have a cap or throttle speeds. He then goes on to say that Sprint offers truly unlimited data usage and will never cap your usage or throttle your speeds.

I would think this means that our unlimited data plans are safe from "fine print" caps for at least a while.

I tried to find a video of the commercial, but I think it is too new and isn't online yet. I will post it if I am able to find it.

Update:
    I managed to locate the video
    http://androidwebportal.com/2011/03/...-new-ad-video/
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Of course they are not capping. They are adding charges for "smart" phones.

And if you have a family plan that could be big bucks every month.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Of course they are not capping. They are adding charges for "smart" phones.

And if you have a family plan that could be big bucks every month.
    So is buying into a higher "cap" rate on Verizon or AT&T. I'll gladly pay $20/month extra as opposed to $60/month extra with Verizon.
    What I don't understand is the CLEAR connection. CLEAR advertises unlimited data plans for their WiMax (which I have for my home internet) but they've been involved in a controversy lately regarding the practice of throttling. Now, doesn't Sprint use the Clearwire WiMax network for its 4G service? Are Sprint heavy-users truly getting un-throttled data via WiMax while the CLEAR subscribers are getting screwed on d/l speeds?
    Sprint does throttle their phones but they do not cap you and charge extra for going over a limit, unlike others. They do charge extra for smartphones but that's the price we pay. At least it is going to maintaining the sprint network.
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but when it comes to smartphones, isn't verizon's data unlimited for 29.99 currently, which includes 4g.

I don't see anyone else advertising unlimited data, ATT obviously has already gone to tiered data.

The only time I have ever seen advertisement of unlimited data where it really was limited, was with USB broadband card plans, in that case sprint was just as guilty as verizon and ATT for advertising unlimited when there was a 5gb limit.