Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello Sprint webOS users!

I just came back from my local Sprint store and got more info than I have got reading front page articles here. (For Sprint at least, and I havent spent much time in forums) I walked in and asked if the new webOS devices were here yet (knowing the answer) but just to see what they'd say. The store manager told me that the Veer is coming in May. She wasnt sure about the date or price but was told to expect it. I then told her I was looking for the Pre 3.

She said she had heard something but didnt remember the details. So she went to her
    computer and looked up an e-mail she received a little bit ago. She told me while looking it up that she remembered something about June. (Sounded promising) Then once she found it, she said that it talked about the Pre 3 and the TouchPad, and that they are scheduled for June. But no official date or price.

Now I know this is info we know already. BUT WHY would this be in an e-mail to a Sprint store manager if they werent going to get the darn things! So as for me, and hopefuly other Sprint users, this will help you sleep a little better kind of knowing (still hoping) Sprint will get the new webOS devices soon. NO, this isnt 100% for sure, but come on.... You want to believe it.
    HP said the Veer is GSM only, so her info is suspect.
  3.    #3  
    good point, I do remember reading that. I just wanted to report what she said, true or false.
    Quote Originally Posted by jelks View Post
    HP said the Veer is GSM only, so her info is suspect.
    the currently announce Ever is GSM. I'm very confident that there is a factory cranking out CDMA phones for Sprint and Vzw.
    I think we can all agree that KingDude has the most creepy, yet compelling avatar anyone has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the currently announce Ever is GSM. I'm very confident that there is a factory cranking out CDMA phones for Sprint and Vzw.
    Seems odd they would make a point of saying it's GSM...I don't believe they said either way about the Pre3 (did they?). Would be nice if it was also CDMA, but for now I'm assuming it's not in the works...at least for initial release.
    once I saw that the OP said they'd be getting the veer, I stopped reading. It's a GSM device... Sprint is CDMA... Unless they already went ahead and merged with T-Mobile, there is no way this can be true.
    The one in February was.. but at this point we don't even know if the touch par might get another camera before june.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    um producing a cdma phone is no problem. Those were test versions not final hardware release.
    Perhaps they said it was GSM to distract us. Did they deny a CDMA version, hence GSM only?

Sprint needs a signature device....my guess its webos!
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I would think that if HP is at the point where they are emailing Sprint store managers about availability of devices, the public would at least know something official about carriers. We have not gotten any info whatsoever about carriers. Think of how many Sprint stores there are nationwide. If every store manager received this email, it would have been leaked online and we would see it on the PreCentral front page. I want to believe also, but I think getting your hopes up based on this may be a setup for disappointment.
  12.    #12  
    I understand, but neither she nor I said it was an e-mail from HP. And for all I know she could be special. =)
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    Perhaps they said it was GSM to distract us. Did they deny a CDMA version, hence GSM only?

Sprint needs a signature device....my guess its webos!
    The problem is, Sprint obviously doesn't know what a signature device is based on their Kyocera DS fiasco.
    they have the evo line
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticalman2 View Post
    I would think that if HP is at the point where they are emailing Sprint store managers about availability of devices, the public would at least know something official about carriers. We have not gotten any info whatsoever about carriers. Think of how many Sprint stores there are nationwide. If every store manager received this email, it would have been leaked online and we would see it on the PreCentral front page. I want to believe also, but I think getting your hopes up based on this may be a setup for disappointment.
    I agree to a point. Truthfully it doesn't appear that there are many Sprint webOS fans to begin with, let alone the managers. I know there are some very dedicated ones and that's cool, we'll need them when HP gets the comeback going. And any manager with some brains isn't going to post an email they received on a website...it's totally different to tell someone in passing in the store. No accountability there.

And also, Sprint hasn't really had or been pushing webOS devices for some time now. I could see most people working at Sprint not really willing to believe they are coming until there are dates and pricing...so if it's an OS NOT on your mind AND you have no concrete information, why run to PreCentral and release vague info?

Also I'm a firm believer that just because the initial Veer was GSM, that they could easily produce CDMA versions as well.
    FWIW, a girl from my work went to a sprint store yesterday with a broken pre, sales guy tried to get her to upgrade but she said she liked the Pre the best of all the phones they carry. Then he volunteered that they'd have the Pre3 in time for her renewal in October.
    I am excellent friend with a manager in a corp store where I have been going for years since I got on to the Sprint Network and he said honestly, that they dont know and never know till last minute, he said we guys on forums know more then they do. Cause I am the one who told him when the EVO was coming, he didnt even know that and when I told him the following he got a shipment of them he called and offered me a job. So guys these reps dont know.
    I can confirm that my factory Sprint Store just told me this morning that the Pr3 is coming (no known date). She was an assistant manager that has seen video training on the device from Sprint. She is not a techie fangrrrl or Pre owner so I found this quite credible when she described the device exactly from the training videos. This news made up for my Pre touchscreen dying this morning!

She did not mention the Veer, nor did I ask.
    Palm IIIx > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    I think we can all agree that KingDude has the most creepy, yet compelling avatar anyone has ever seen.
    I won't make the obvious joke, but I know it won't be long.
    There's not been any hints whatsoever of a GSM Veer. I find it very doubtful that it will come to Sprint.
    The small size of the Veer may be the very problem, as CDMA radios tend to be a little larger than their GSM counterparts. Not saying it's impossible, just saying that available space inside the Veer could very well be an issue, thus no talk of a CDMA version.
    The Saint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast