Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdave View Post
    Let me clarify.... Spint is not the only carrier we use, but is by far the most common, at least in my business unit.
    strange because the HP Palm Tech i have been directly relating my Webos 2.1 issues ( as well as others in our 2.1 bug forum) on Pre minus, Plus, and Pre 2 stated that devices like the Pre 3 and Touchpad will be available to all US carriers with the exception of Tmobile right now.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I just spent some extended time at a Sprint Store, and got talking to the manager, and she also confirmed that to her knowledge there would not be any more WebOS phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakyhair View Post
    I just spent some extended time at a Sprint Store, and got talking to the manager, and she also confirmed that to her knowledge there would not be any more WebOS phones.
    Yeah I'd take that with a grain of salt. Of course she doesn't know because HP hasn't announced any carriers yet.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Didn't we already have a thread on this?
    And then another that said they would?
    And then another again saying they wouldn't?
    Just call me Berd.
    Different day, same BS.
    HP is forcing us to go to a different network and get their phones.
    I guess one could move to T-mobile At&t or Verizon.
    Oh, there's also At&t.
    Just call me Berd.
    Hey I just heard from a T-mobile rep who heard from a Verizon rep who took a Delorian back to 2002 and spoke to an Alltell rep who saw a weird lady with a crystal ball who told him that Sprint was going to stop selling cell phones!

Quote Originally Posted by theritz226 View Post
    HP is forcing us to go to a different network and get their phones.
    Nah...as long as we can keep updating/upgrading our Pre -'s...with little lag...I'm all set. Not *thrilled* about it...but I'd rather have a hacked Pre- than a...*gulp*....droid...or EVO...or whatever..
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    I think the young lady who is doing the current T-Mobile commercials won't look as cute in an orange and blue dress (no offense Univ. of Florida fans) as she does in the pink and white ones.

So, that's my analysis of the AT&T and T-Mobile Merger...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

I'm not following you with this one. I don't think I implied that Sprint would be the only carrier. I honestly don't know which carriers will have the devices.

Personally, I'd love to see some sort of Bundle deal, buy a TouchPad and get a Pre3 for $49, or some sort of package like that.

Let me clarify.... Spint is not the only carrier we use, but is by far the most common, at least in my business unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    strange because the HP Palm Tech i have been directly relating my Webos 2.1 issues ( as well as others in our 2.1 bug forum) on Pre minus, Plus, and Pre 2 stated that devices like the Pre 3 and Touchpad will be available to all US carriers with the exception of Tmobile right now.
    Last edited by cdave; 03/22/2011 at 05:35 PM.
    HP/Palm will fail for another year or so. No one cares anymore, with these new devices coming out and at the variety that is available..who is gonna still be saying "i'll see what they come out at CTIA" "i'll wait until CES" "i'll wait till 25th when jon is with engadget".

webOS community is probably most loyal but how long can people be getting screwed when they are just releasing last year's product.

I left webOS with no sympathy and will wait without too much anxiousness since android will always be coming out with new stuff and 4G rocks. even though webOS is a greater platform, I just can't wait like this anymore and keep hoping for something. we know Pre 3, but the Pre 3 has nothing on the latest android devices that are already out.

I'd give it another year or two before I come back to webOS at this rate of announcements and launching dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    ... the Pre 3 has nothing on the latest android devices that are already out. ...
    I wouldn't even consider trading my suped up Sprint Pre (minus) for something equivalent to the Evo and Evo Shift that my kids use. Yes, those phones have larger screens and better cameras, and they are a tad faster than my overclocked Pre. But, for me as a business user, the functionality and usability of the Pre is far superior to those devices.

Just in the last few weeks, a few phones (HTC Arrive, Nexus S 4G, G2x, Evo 3D, Thrill 3D) have popped up that might be worthy contenders against my patched up Pre. But you are trying to compare those phones to the Pre3? Puh-lease.

The best Android phone is like a Mustang convertible. Flashy and fun for students, socialites, etc. But for business use, I want the smartphone equivalent of a Lexus ... and that's a webOS phone.
    - Bubba
    What Pre 3? nyczwillz is right because it does not exist for any real comparison to anything! Although I must also say BlackBerry users are loyal too. They get last year's phones almost every time.

The best Android phones function as all-around devices. Even my friend, who does happen to be a businessman, is impressed. The only thing he doesn't like is the Exchange support. He has the Droid 2, probably got that deal Verizon had. And also he ordered an iPad 2. Yep, HP's doing really well getting the word out to mainstream to just wait for the best devices to come out in the summer before they buy anything. Although that's an anecdotal example, the fact remains that when people are ready to buy, they're ready to buy and you can't keep putting people on hold that long.

And Lexus was on the recall list from what I remember, not the best example, lol.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    HP/Palm will fail for another year or so. No one cares anymore, with these new devices coming out and at the variety that is available..who is gonna still be saying "i'll see what they come out at CTIA" "i'll wait until CES" "i'll wait till 25th when jon is with engadget".

webOS community is probably most loyal but how long can people be getting screwed when they are just releasing last year's product.

I left webOS with no sympathy and will wait without too much anxiousness since android will always be coming out with new stuff and 4G rocks. even though webOS is a greater platform, I just can't wait like this anymore and keep hoping for something. we know Pre 3, but the Pre 3 has nothing on the latest android devices that are already out.

I'd give it another year or two before I come back to webOS at this rate of announcements and launching dates.
    That's just it, always a waiting game with Palm, always. You'd wait your life away waiting on them to get it together to compete properly! I'm with you! I'm buying what's coming out for sure, not some vague promise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm not following you with this one. I don't think I implied that Sprint would be the only carrier. I honestly don't know which carriers will have the devices.

Personally, I'd love to see some sort of Bundle deal, buy a TouchPad and get a Pre3 for $49, or some sort of package like that.
    oh ok i missunderstood I stand corrected sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    If little Ol' Palm could have a carrier relationships with Sprint and all the other US carriers, a behemoth like HP wouldn't have a hard time achieving this either. That being said they have to start off as a new company with all the carriers and negotiate the terms of the relationship which I'm sure is taking up some of the time.

The most sensible thing I've read on a topic like this in quite a while.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    Hey I just heard from a T-mobile rep who heard from a Verizon rep who took a Delorian back to 2002 and spoke to an Alltell rep who saw a weird lady with a crystal ball who told him that Sprint was going to stop selling cell phones!
    I think that's a lie you're telling - because there's no T-mobile no more.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    And saying HP had phone experience before they acquired Palm is like saying Bill Pullman should run for office because he played the President

President Shmresident. He piloted a flying Winnebago!

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    The best Android phone is like a Mustang convertible. Flashy and fun for students, socialites, etc. But for business use, I want the smartphone equivalent of a Lexus ... and that's a webOS phone.
    I absolutely LOVE this analogy.

Mustang convertible. HAH!!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I actually had a long discussion with two SAR's (they are like the indirect version of a area manager for Service and Repair) They both said they have heard and seen many things stating that Sprint is going to be releasing four HP Devices within the next year (or so because that's how it goes). They said that they first heard of it at the Hands on event. The four are supposed to be part of the thirty-three handsets Sprint is planning on launching this year. They also said that Sprint was not planning on working with Palm anymore until HP bought them out. I'm trying to dig up or get my hands on one of the internal e-mails talking about them. I wasn't able to talk real long but they both where very confident about it. They know how passionate I am about WebOs so they are always sure to keep there ears open for me.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast