Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    You are willing to pay $20 more per month for V?
    yes im willing to pay more for the pre3 !! absolutely !!!!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    me too. and if they add lte, i'll pay even more
    @ $20 thats $240 more per year! WebOS is worth that?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, but then again reality kicked in.

mojo to enyo transition sucks, 4G is not included, webOS is fragmented and developers are in flux...

If they get their **** together then hell ya. But phone are more than just specs these days. Its apps, content, features, reliability etc. If HP can offer full package then I will switch if not I will continue on waiting for them to get their act straight.

Then again, if HP brings the Pre3 to sprint, I will be a happy Pre3 user on day one, but I am not giving up my sprint plan to go to an incomplete webOS expereicne and have to pay more for it with vzw
    @ $20 thats $240 more per year! WebOS is worth that?
    Would you pay $240 to have webOS put/hacked onto a HTC Evo 4G?
    Ok, maybe I know things, maybe I don't...

But, in all of these stories, there often is some truth. From the outside, yes, the Palm/Sprint relationship went downhill. This is obvious. From the outside, we also know that HP/Palm is focused on fixing this (see the Precentral articles about hiring people to work on the relationship). That was months ago. So, maybe, since then, there has been progress. Maybe...

Also, since then, outside of Palm/HP, we know that the iphone has gone to Verizon, droids are everywhere, and Sprint has focused on their 4g offerings.

Also, be aware that these relationships grow and ebb, and that it takes months from the time a targeted device is accepted by the carrier, to the final agreement, to showing up on their shelves.

So the original poster MAY have been correct, at one point in time in the past. Or even the present. But that doesn't mean new hardware isn't on the way soon, nor does it mean new hardware won't be coming later.

And even within the organizations involved, the real story isn't always accurately known. So the guy may have heard something, that may have been accurately relayed to him by someone, but that doesn't mean the source knew the whole story, nor that the story was still accurate, and even if it was, it may no longer be true.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    honestly theres more pointing to sprint carring HP products then not, I have connects that work with HP not a former employee anything and he states HP devices on def all three carriers this year, and maybe Tmobile. So this info to me is maddddd bogus, so please people dont get your pantys in a bunch with new comers coming in stiring things up with BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Ok, maybe I know things, maybe I don't...

But, in all of these stories, there often is some truth. From the outside, yes, the Palm/Sprint relationship went downhill. This is obvious. From the outside, we also know that HP/Palm is focused on fixing this (see the Precentral articles about hiring people to work on the relationship). That was months ago. So, maybe, since then, there has been progress. Maybe...

Also, since then, outside of Palm/HP, we know that the iphone has gone to Verizon, droids are everywhere, and Sprint has focused on their 4g offerings.

Also, be aware that these relationships grow and ebb, and that it takes months from the time a targeted device is accepted by the carrier, to the final agreement, to showing up on their shelves.

So the original poster MAY have been correct, at one point in time in the past. Or even the present. But that doesn't mean new hardware isn't on the way soon, nor does it mean new hardware won't be coming later.

And even within the organizations involved, the real story isn't always accurately known. So the guy may have heard something, that may have been accurately relayed to him by someone, but that doesn't mean the source knew the whole story, nor that the story was still accurate, and even if it was, it may no longer be true.

well i have been confermed a half dozen times from sprint, sprint execs, a sprint insider, my sprint insider, and my HP insider that Palm then HP now and sprint has never had a fall out with their relationship people jumped to conclusion with a statment made by the CTO, and even then he didnt bash Palm just made a true point about the Palm not selling well do to demand limitations. Dont believe in the vaporware of BS. If Verizon still will carry the Palm products and believe me they sold alot less Pre's and Pixis then Sprint and didnt care to try to sell them, then Sprint is def carring future devices. Especially being the 3rd biggest carrier with no leverage at all against VZ now that they have 4G too.
    Eh... seriously all this stuff about relationships between HP and wireless carriers and bla bla bla....

All I want is for the Pre 3 to be released.... Having said that, in reference to above poster, I don't think webos is worth extra $20 per month when compared to andriod or iOS. Secondly, I dont think I will wait until June for the pleasure of using a webos device. HP better get their ducks in order soon because they are losing precious time...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnightNV View Post
    No products will be on the Sprint network. Also no phone with landscape slide, .
    i'm not saying it's not true. I'll just say there isn't much that can be done with that info. it's not verifiable anymore then me saying Sprint will get the iphone 5.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 03/15/2011 at 10:23 PM.
    @it's less so. Of coarse sprint will get the iphone 5! They want it. Apple wants everyone to have it. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Would you pay $240 to have webOS put/hacked onto a HTC Evo 4G?
    No. I am cheap though. I have a $55 unlimited (taxes and all) on an optimus s (best 3g phone on sprint since my palm pre diagnosed with 1.4.5 forever)

It's double (or more) for me on verizon for what sprint gives me. No OS will change my mind for $50 a month more.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Sprint will have the Pre3 on June 4th, 2011. Do I work for HP? No. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    its impossible for HP to have "NO" relationship with Sprint...Sprint still has the Pixi on display in their showrooms and still repairs the Pre minus...

the OP has 2 posts on here...not very credible...
    HP and Sprint have a very strong relationship. There is no basis at all for the OP, or this thread. IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    While HP is sitting silent people are going out and getting the iPad2 and by the time HP speaks up iPhone5 will be out and more people will jump on those. Basically HP is shooting themselves in the foot.
    Again!
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    HP and Sprint have a very strong relationship. There is no basis at all for the OP, or this thread. IMHO.
    correct and really should have been labeled at the least a rumor, but honestly this thread should be closed.
    I hate the fact that we have to have these threads at all instead of KNOWING ALREADY. All this speculation, the "inside sources" and third-hand gossip is utter B.S. I'll wait around on my upgrade discount until they announce and if they don't come to Sprint, I'll find a different phone. End of story. I'm not interested in drama or spending extra money to move to a different carrier.
    considering verizons service and coverage is 10 times better than sprints, hell yes.
    Unless you are traveling in the country or live in montana sprint is just as good.. and even gives you free data and voice roaming on verizon in case you travel through.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteKnightNV View Post
    I trust my source a whole lot more than sprint reps. I don't remember anything from the Think Beyond event saying there will be devices for sprint. I trust my source who knows a lot more about the devices than just a high level HP person blowing smoke.

Either way just trying to soften the blow.

With my heafty discount I can't afford to pay double to go to another carrier. So most likely I"ll end up with an android phone. Still debating HP Pad or Ipad 2
    And your exuberance and enthusiasm for all things Palm/HP is exhibited in the amount of time you've been here, and all of these posts you've added, right?

/sarcasm

Maybe I'm still looking for the brightside, but I'm taking this rumor with a pretty large dose of salt.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast